Teams callin about Tony Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teams callin about Tony Carter

Ian Rapoport tweeted out that there are some interest in trading for Tony Carter. I say why not? Roby is coming a long, Webster has improved a lot and if all else fails we still have Bolden. I say bring back Barrett to the active squad and get Louis Young on the PS.

Doesn't surprise, he's very good at sticking with receivers. The question what we would want in return. An offensive player would have a minimal impact as they have to learn the scheme. There really aren't any glaring weaknesses that we need to try and put a bandaid over

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      Doesn't surprise, he's very good at sticking with receivers. The question what we would want in return. An offensive player would have a minimal impact as they have to learn the scheme. There really aren't any glaring weaknesses that we need to try and put a bandaid over
      Draft picks baby! Elway has proven he can find quality in the 5th 6th round
      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Draft picks and his salary, I know it's small, off the books

Comment

We are good trade Tony and get what you can for him

Comment

Nope I say we need to keep him for depth.
            sigpicimage.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481286

Comment

Originally posted by Colem9r View Post
              Nope I say we need to keep him for depth.
              This. One injury and your depth is shot.

However, what we don't know is how the coaches view the ones on the PS.

Comment

Harris has already been injured. Talib has a history of being injury prone. I don't know if you let him go.

Comment

Unless Denver got too much value to pass up, I say nay. As mentioned, Talib has an injury history, and injuries come in bunches (ask the Chargers CBs). So unless it's a 4th or better no dice IMO. That said I'd be excited for a Carter Demar Dotson trade
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Tony is fast

If Denver's not trying to move him- then they will probably need an 'offer they can't refuse' to let him go.

It is important to have depth back there.
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

I'd be interested to know what the offers are. I wouldn't mind seeing him go for a 4th. That said, you never know when you might need your 5th or 6th corner to play extensively due to injuries.
                      Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                        This. One injury and your depth is shot.

However, what we don't know is how the coaches view the ones on the PS.
                        We still have Webster and bolden who looked very good in preseason. Even if we do get bit hard by injuries at corner, we had some talented udfas that looked good as well. Then there's always champ bailey.
                        Last edited by beastlyskronk; 10-24-2014, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          We still have Webster and bolden who looked very good in preseason. Even if we do get bit hard by injuries at corner, we had some talented udfas that looked good as well. Then there's always champ bailey.
                          Champ of 2004 yes please.Champ of 2014 I think I'd rather Pot Roast at CB

Comment

Originally posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
                            Champ of 2004 yes please.Champ of 2014 I think I'd rather Pot Roast at CB
                            Meh, he wasn't as bad as people made him out to be. In the playoffs he only allowed 3 catches (on 6 targets) in 3 games, all of them were to Doug Baldwin in the Super Bowl in which we had no pass rush at all, one of them he was caught by a pick, later he got caught expecting a pick that never came. Could we put him one on one on an island like we did in 2012? Probably not, but could he be more effective than Tony Carter and Omar Bolden? Probably so.

Comment

I would trade him if deal was good enough it is risky just depth wise we need him if Harris or Talib get hurt.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X