No announcement yet.

Teams callin about Tony Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mindset should be on winning right now, so I don't know about the risk/reward when it comes to draft picks. I don't know if you move him for depth at another position either, because we need the depth at corner.

Comment

Tony Carter's value to the Broncos is probably higher than the best offer any other team would make, but we shall see.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
        This. One injury and your depth is shot.

However, what we don't know is how the coaches view the ones on the PS.
        Between Webster and Bolden who played well in the preseason, there's enough depth but if you get down to your 6th CB, you're probably screwed anyway.

Comment

It all depends on what is offered. I ont see it happening
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

I gotta go with depth in this one too. Forget long term injury, losing a player or two for a few snaps can be game changers.

Unless we had a good prospect to replace him with and the deal was good enough, then we should probably keep him

Comment

Unless it's a decent offer, I would say no. We need to keep decent backups in our secondary.
              We know Tony can come in there and do an adequate job.

Comment

I would trade Carter for a good Right Tackle. I know it won't happen but I would definitely consider that trade.
                sigpic
                Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                  I would trade Carter for a good Right Tackle. I know it won't happen but I would definitely consider that trade.
                  Too be fair we may not need a right tackle
                  A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                    Cornick played well vs SD.

Yes they were depleted with pass rushers and he'll have some big tests coming up, but promising.

Comment

Can always sign a vet off the street to replace Carter.

Still believe Champ can play.

If we could get a 5th or 6th, i'd take it, gives Elway another chance to find some more late-round gems.

Comment

I would resist the temptation to trade him unless the offer was ridiculous. Even a 4th round pick does not sway me too much.

In a SB or bust season his impact during a couple game stretch when others are injured could mean the difference.

Comment

Working...
                        X