Was the Dark Ages Worth It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruksak View Post
    One last thing to answer to this; There have been thousands of players bigger, faster and stronger than #88 & #87.
    There have been "thousands" of WRs "bigger and faster" than DT? Really? Can you list a few dozen of those "thousands" of WRs?
    Last edited by RobertR; 10-27-2014, 11:24 AM.

Comment

The one thing I do know is that the Dark Ages are likely to return again at some point and it would be a shame if we didn't enjoy every minute of the time we have with this great team. This time in our history will be over before we know it.
      Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
        NO!!!

You can make change without having to suffer through 2 seasons of having an incompetent team & fan base destroying, wannabe egocentric joke of a man with a Napoleon complex as your HC.

I give that Devil zero credit for anything except for turning us into the biggest joke the NFL has ever seen in such a short period of time starting with his 1st day on the job.

To HELL with that Devil and I hope I never see him in person cause I still want to break his face.
        Amen to that!!!
        Mile High

Comment

Originally posted by RobertR View Post
          There have been "thousands" of WRs "bigger and faster" than DT? Really? Can you list a few dozen of those "thousands" of WRs?
          My comment was in reference to Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. My fault, being that I'm on a Broncos board and referring to Colts, I should've used names and not numbers. Though if you read my post in it's proper context, you wouldn't have gotten confused.
          sigpic
          Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

Originally posted by ruksak View Post

There's simply no compare. I get the feeling some of y'all done forgot. Harrison was among the best WR's to ever play the game. Ever. Smith, a Bronco great, is not befitting of such accolade.

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to call you on this. Marvin was absolutely a top 5 WR to ever play.
            Marvin Harrison top 5 all time? Uh, no.

Jerry Rice, Chris Carter, Tim Brown, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Michael Irvin and probably Calvin Johnson are all better.

Comment

You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs. Yes that period sucks but you can't have one without the other so yes. Unquestionably it was worth it
              sigpic

Comment

I am sorry, but in my opinion. DT is a darn good receiver. And stats wise he has potential to be one of the best ever. However he is no where close to Rod Smith. What Rod gave to this franchise cannot be measured in numbers. Put Rod Smith in his prime in this offense and Manning would be unstoppable.

Respect to #80... As much as I love 88, he's only got the potential. And all potential means is "you haven't done it yet"

Comment

What you call dark ages is nothing like the dark ages of ole when we had 13 losing seasons. That was brutal.

We are very fortunate fans as the Broncos have been one of the better franchises since the mid 70's. While we didn't always win the big games we were at least competitive for the most part. There are teams like SD and KC that have been around for a long time that have not won the big prize ever or in a very, very long time.

We really need to take advantage of the team we have now because these teams with great players do not come around often under the new cap rules.
                  sigpic
                  Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                  2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                  2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                  X