Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we will murder the Raiders this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They seem to be giving everyone they play a hard time but cannot win.

We BETTER "murder" them to go along with the thread title.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
      while I have not looked up how many winless seasons there have been in the NFL since the Dolphins did it I suspect it was more than that.

but then on any given sunday

In 2008, the Detroit Lions did not win a single game, ending the season 0-16, making them the only team to complete a 16-game regular season winless.

Previously, the most losses in a winless season was in 1976 by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who went 0-14. The Dallas Cowboys went 0-11-1 in 1960. It was the first year in the league for both teams. The 1982 Baltimore Colts were the last winless team before the Lions, going 0-8-1 in the strike-shortened season.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        In 2008, the Detroit Lions did not win a single game, ending the season 0-16, making them the only team to complete a 16-game regular season winless.

Previously, the most losses in a winless season was in 1976 by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who went 0-14. The Dallas Cowboys went 0-11-1 in 1960. It was the first year in the league for both teams. The 1982 Baltimore Colts were the last winless team before the Lions, going 0-8-1 in the strike-shortened season.
        thanks for the info .

Which means perfect seasons are less likely to happen than winless ones.

Comment

thanks for the info .

Which means perfect seasons are less likely to happen than winless ones.
          Yup, that appears to be the case. It's harder to be great than it is to suck!

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
            Yup, that appears to be the case. It's harder to be great than it is to suck!
            look at it this way there are only so many great owners in the NFL, then even some of them have lousy coaches or better yet not GREAT coaches.

and if your a great team EVERYONE is shooting at you saying to there team and fans this is OUR superbowl.

now on the other end of the spectrum how many coaches are telling their great team that this is a gimmie and we do not have to worry about the raiders. if anything they are pumping them up to keep the players motivated from this being a TRAP GAME.

Comment

look at it this way there are only so many great owners in the NFL, then even some of them have lousy coaches or better yet not GREAT coaches.

and if your a great team EVERYONE is shooting at you saying to there team and fans this is OUR superbowl.

now on the other end of the spectrum how many coaches are telling their great team that this is a gimmie and we do not have to worry about the raiders. if anything they are pumping them up to keep the players motivated from this being a TRAP GAME.
              Yeah, it makes teams like the Raiders dangerous. But I've listened to Manning's, Talib's, Harris's and others pressers. They completely get this dynamic. Everyone of them have said how they understand how divisional games are important, that the don't look at records, that the Raiders have been very close to winning and that since they haven't, they are hungry for a win, which makes them dangerous.
              I was glad to hear their focus and resolve.

Coupled with getting "spoken to" by Elway, I'm sure our team will come out ready to play some solid football.

Comment

I agree with JohnT, it seems that fans (including other team's fans) expect their team to win in some flawless manner. Maybe that is an affect of a passing-centric league where, if a team is on fire, it seems everything goes their way. Old ground heavy football wasn't nearly as pretty, even when it was working.

I'm a strong believer that adversity builds character, so I'm okay with an ugly win. I just want to see Denver win a game or two when Peyton is struggling and a different aspect of the team elevates their play.

What ever the outcome, I'm enjoying the ride and not concerned with the destination, right now. The end result will always come about, good or bad, why miss the fun that's happening right now.

Comment

We lost, I'm over it. Truth be told, I would hate to be riding a 13-game winning streak going into the playoffs. I think we're better off getting a beatdown every now and then - painful as it is.

So yes.. on to the Raiders and hopefully 7-2 (and that much closer to tying the H2H score!)
                  Adopted Poster
                  AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Kudos to the OP for calling it right.

Comment

Wow! That was an ugly start to the game!

I have never seen so many batted down Manning passes!

Then, they flipped the switch and TURNED IT ON!

Way to go Broncos!

Comment

Working...
                      X