Time to give Latimer playing time in the final 8 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to give Latimer playing time in the final 8 games

When is it time to start Latimer to see what we have in him? Welker is getting old and is not the same, we do know that Latimer is waiting in the wings to get his shot. Maybe we can get him ready for playoff time.

I know he's a physical receiver at least thats what he showed in preseason. We need some toughness on offense, I believe that the "finest" label is somewhat true with the receivers. I just think we should give the guy a look for the last 8 games.

Thoughts? Comments? I'm ready to see what we have in Latimer, if anything it won't hurt.
    :go:

I am sure one he shows a full grasp of the offense in practice, he will get playing time.
    res ipsa loquitur

Comment

He has been playing Special Teams, but he's clearly not ready for the offense (full-time).

With injuries piling up on Welker, and the continued inconsistency of Caldwell, I can't imagine he's too far off.

That said, you don't just chuck a guy in on game day and see what happens. One guy runs the wrong route, turns the wrong way, doesn't get his head or hands around in time, or misses a block on a run play and it's disastrous. Furthermore, if he's used all week in practice and it isn't going well, now there's an offense out of rhythm for the next game.

Comment

I would like to see. There might be the tough decisions to make in the off season about wrs. Might be nice to see how performs in a game before they are made.
        sigpic

Comment

We play the raiders this week. Perfect week to toss him out there. I doubt that he is not ready. I think it is more that he is a rook and we have vets ahead of him.

He wont play for a long while unless.....you know what or why and I wont say it for fear of saying it.

But I bet he does play this week because its the raiders. I bet we get a big lead, bring out the Brockinator and Cody gets a few plays. Problem is, when we do this the coaching staff is hell bent on only running and not passing unless its 3rd down when brock is out there. So I suspect he will only get a pass or two thrown his way.
          So far:
          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Everyone is just going to call him a bust when he has a bad game

Comment

I would be ok with it. I dont know if I like seeing welker out there anymore. He really should call it quits and consider his long term health.

Comment

I follow Latimer on Twitter and he has mentioned working on his route running. He has even reached out to Ochocinco/Chad Johnson for help (which he has agreed to do in the offseason). So maybe he's not quite ready yet.
                sigpic

Comment

Why is there such a rush to get Latimer in there?

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                    Shiny new toy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
                      He's big, fast, and he can block. I feel like he'd pick up the offense quicker in game but Peyton doesn't like having players that are uncertain out there.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                        He's big, fast, and he can block. I feel like he'd pick up the offense quicker in game but Peyton doesn't like having players that are uncertain out there.
                        So Latimer not being out there is now on Manning too? Perhaps the coaches are seeing on the practice field that he's not picking up the offense as quickly as you might feel. Why have them put a guy out on the field who isn't ready? I don't get it.

Latimer himself has reached out to Ochochinco for help on his route running which shows that he realizes he needs more help as well.
                        Last edited by broncoslover115; 11-04-2014, 08:01 PM.
                        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

let us unleash Latimer. He can't do worse than Caldwell or Welker. Looking at some of the rookies such as the one from Steelers (martavis bryant), I think he will perform well too.

Comment

Wasn't Ocho cut from the Patriots because he couldn't run routes?

Why would he talk to Ochcinco to learn routes when he has several receivers here he can learn from this year? Ocho is a head case and I would just assume he find someone else to learn from.
                            sigpic
                            Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                            2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                            2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

unless he has Mannings conifndence or we lose some more WRs odds are he will not be seen in offensive snaps.

it is not just running a canned route. it is KNOWING what manning is going to do at the LOS when he gets under center.

with each play called there are 3-6 different routes he might have to run depending on how the defender "tells" prior to the snap and then there are several variations after the ball is snapped.

It is clear to anyone that is watching the broncos the offensive playbook is massive. and with Manning the winks and nods are what make it work.

I suspect the kid is not ready for playing time. When Manning knows he is ready he will get some time. and NOT UNTIL

Comment

Working...
                              X