Time to give Latimer playing time in the final 8 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a CBS/AP article...
    Manning now sees Latimer as a confident receiver who knows the plays, understands the calls and looks ready for a bigger role. “I certainly think if his name and number were called, he’d go in and answer the bell for us,” Manning said.

According to Latimer he recently passed a pop quiz from Manning...

“He came up to me and had me go out there early before practice and put me through a drive and I did a good job on it,” Latimer said. “So he congratulated me and said, ‘You’ve been in your (play) book.’ I said, ‘Yeah.’ So, it should be good whenever my time comes.”
    Receivers coach Tyke Tolbert said this delay in getting Latimer significant snaps from scrimmage will pay off because it’s allowed him to better absorb the intricacies of this offense...
    “Oh yeah, our audibles have audibles, our signals have signals, our code words have code words,” Tolbert said. Latimer insists he gets it now, and his teammates say it shows at practice.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
      From a CBS/AP article...
      Manning now sees Latimer as a confident receiver who knows the plays, understands the calls and looks ready for a bigger role. “I certainly think if his name and number were called, he’d go in and answer the bell for us,” Manning said.

According to Latimer he recently passed a pop quiz from Manning...

“He came up to me and had me go out there early before practice and put me through a drive and I did a good job on it,” Latimer said. “So he congratulated me and said, ‘You’ve been in your (play) book.’ I said, ‘Yeah.’ So, it should be good whenever my time comes.”
      Receivers coach Tyke Tolbert said this delay in getting Latimer significant snaps from scrimmage will pay off because it’s allowed him to better absorb the intricacies of this offense...
      “Oh yeah, our audibles have audibles, our signals have signals, our code words have code words,” Tolbert said. Latimer insists he gets it now, and his teammates say it shows at practice.
      I've been saying this for a long time, the kid had a lot to learn and was slow on the uptake.

ONLY now after all of the injuries and potential loss of both #10 and 80 have they put the pressure on.

Comment

Working...
      X