Post game rants --- Broncos and Rams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post game rants --- Broncos and Rams

I live in Stl and this was my first ever Broncos game. We came out in full force to support our team it was Blue and Orange everywhere. As I scratched this off my bucket list it was so disappointing. Can someone please explain to me why Caldwell is returning kicks?? I'll wait on the answer, the Oline was terrible today Manning looked off from the start and the Defense looked bad to except for Von, Ware, the DT's and CHJ. As good as an occasion this was supposed to be it was painful to watch as I was being heckled by the 10 Rams fans that were there

Peyton Servin 'Em Up

Not sure about anyone else but I am amazed at how many times in his Manning has put his receivers on a platter to get blasted by the opposing defense. When I saw the hit on Sanders it nearly made me sick to my stomach how hard he got hit, and being mid-dive he was totally defenseless.

If any of you remember the week leading up to the "509" game with the 49ers, they ran a special on every receiver to catch a TD pass from Manning, focusing on the 9 who only caught 1 TD from Manning. Of those 9, both Aaron Morehead and Anthony Gonzalez were forced out of football due to head injuries and subsequent after effects of concussions. Along with these 2, Marcus Pollard, former Colts TE was one of many apart of the recent settlement between the NFLPA, the NFL and former NFL players in regards to head injuries and after-football effects the game has on their post-career quality of life.

Now I'm not saying those 3 in particular should be blamed on Manning's playing style and Manning throwing them into traffic over the course of years, but bottomline is I have never seen a QB put his eligible receivers into more dangerous receiving situations than Peyton Manning, and by a long shot.

I myself can recall about 7 incidents where Manning has put his own receivers in imminently dangerous with no regard for ball placement erring on the side of caution.

The one everyone remembers is the Austin Collie hit in Philadelphia in 2009, which essentially ended his career, but there is Brandon Stokley twice in 2003, Aaron Morehead in 2005, Anthony Gonzalez VS Jax in 2006, Marcus Pollard in 2006 AFCCG VS New England, Welker last year and in the pre season this year, and now Emmanuel Sanders, and countless others.

What are your thoughts? It just seems to me that no other QB comes close to suiciding their own receivers more consistently than Manning.

Comment

I really don't see anything on the Sanders play that is throwing him in danger. It just was a bad hit and suspect tackle. The NFL is a rough sport and stuff like that happens. We just are lucky it hasn't happened a ton yet this year. I hope Sanders is fine.

Comment

this happens all the time in the NFL. It's good that you can think of several incidents over the last decade.

Comment

I'm fairness, Sanders was held which slowed him down, had he not been held the pass would've been right on.

Comment

It's a product of the shallow passing game. Take the Sanders hit out of the equation, as Pass placement wasn't why he was hit like that. But he often leads the guys over the middle and right into contact.
            #swapping

Comment

Manning doesn't throw the ball away, ever. If he's in trouble, he'll force the ball into the window (which is often an over or underthrow) and sometimes the WR isn't in a good spot relative to the defense.

He should throw the checkdown in those situations or risk a sack to make a better throw, but he refuses to.

Comment

Originally posted by jakemillar View Post
                Not sure about anyone else but I am amazed at how many times in his Manning has put his receivers on a platter to get blasted by the opposing defense. When I saw the hit on Sanders it nearly made me sick to my stomach how hard he got hit, and being mid-dive he was totally defenseless.

If any of you remember the week leading up to the "509" game with the 49ers, they ran a special on every receiver to catch a TD pass from Manning, focusing on the 9 who only caught 1 TD from Manning. Of those 9, both Aaron Morehead and Anthony Gonzalez were forced out of football due to head injuries and subsequent after effects of concussions. Along with these 2, Marcus Pollard, former Colts TE was one of many apart of the recent settlement between the NFLPA, the NFL and former NFL players in regards to head injuries and after-football effects the game has on their post-career quality of life.

Now I'm not saying those 3 in particular should be blamed on Manning's playing style and Manning throwing them into traffic over the course of years, but bottomline is I have never seen a QB put his eligible receivers into more dangerous receiving situations than Peyton Manning, and by a long shot.

I myself can recall about 7 incidents where Manning has put his own receivers in imminently dangerous with no regard for ball placement erring on the side of caution.

The one everyone remembers is the Austin Collie hit in Philadelphia in 2009, which essentially ended his career, but there is Brandon Stokley twice in 2003, Aaron Morehead in 2005, Anthony Gonzalez VS Jax in 2006, Marcus Pollard in 2006 AFCCG VS New England, Welker last year and in the pre season this year, and now Emmanuel Sanders, and countless others.

What are your thoughts? It just seems to me that no other QB comes close to suiciding their own receivers more consistently than Manning.
                Dude this is the NFL, are their team that have receivers that don't get hit? I really doubt it. Do you REALLY think Manning means to do this? Get real bud.

Comment

If I recall I swore that Elway hated McCaffrey back in the day. Elway seemed to throw every pass to him high and across the middle, leading to a big hit.

The point I am making is that it happens in this sport, on every team. That's why they are trying to protect these players.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes, players get hit and hurt in the NFL because it is a contact game. Manning put the ball on the money for Sanders but even the announcers said he was held and thus got banged. I also think the O-line issues have led to them penetrating and batting passes down-thus Manning throws the ball a little higher to get it over the line. I suppose people will blame Manning for Caldwel'ls injury, but he was trying to drop the ball in between 2 defenders in a must have 1st down on 3rd and very long from a O-line holding call. The o-line needs help, however they can get it. However, our o-line being shifted all over reminds me of Brady's fate when Bellicheat was moving people around - he was 0-2.

Comment

End of the second quarter

Was there any explanation as to why Denver decided to not call a timeout with ~1 minute left in the second quarter? Instead they called a timeout with ~25 seconds and had a punt go nowhere and kneeled?

Comment

2014 Week 11 - Denver Broncos @ St. Louis Rams (Post Game Rant)

Rant time:

Broncos fall to the Rams 22-7 to drop to 7-3 overall, and 12-3 when I'm at Hooters, 2-2 at Hooters this season. First of all, you know I have to redeem myself, so expect another Hooters trip soon. I'm kind of looking at 2 weeks from now in week 13 against the Chiefs since I've never went to Hooters for a Broncos/Chiefs game and this is setting up to be a marquee matchup in the AFC West as far as who will likely take the division at season's end.

Now, the official first of all, don't fully blame this loss on PFM18. He played good, nearly eclipsed 400 yards in the air. The only knock I give on PFM18 is that he threw 2 interceptions. Players kept dropping the ball, especially C.J. Anderson on a sure first down.

Second of all, the team started off with early game jitters once again for the 3rd straight game. The Broncos looked like they were getting off their rocker in the 2nd quarter, but couldn't escape it fully. The O-line was playing horrible, causing Peyton to be pressured a lot, forcing him to make some bad throws. They also failed to create holes for the running backs. The running game was held to 28 yards. 28 yards! You can't be having that, Broncos. Granted, they only ran the ball about 10 times, but 28 yards in a game isn't gonna cut it later on down the line.

Speaking of 10 rushes, the Broncos ran the ball 10 times while Peyton passed the ball 54 times. That is very unbalanced. You can't expect to win the game when you throw the ball 54 times and run the ball 10 times. John Fox & Adam Gase, you gotta do better with the play-calling.

Defense was off, too. There were certain plays that the defense left Rams' receivers wide open. Some of those wide open plays were costly because they were converted for first downs. One thing the defense did good on was holding the Rams to five field goals. So for the most part, the defense did good of keeping the Rams out of the end zone, because the score could've been 42-7. It would've been brutal. But thanks to a bend, don't break defense, they were able to hold the Rams to 22 points and only lose by 15.

Receivers, you must have better ball control. PFM18 could've easily eclipsed 400 yards on Sunday. Also, those caught balls could've been a key factor in the outcome. Gotta work on catching the ball.

The Broncos were also plagued by injuries in this game. Julius Thomas, Montee Ball, and Emmanuel Sanders were all injured, which hurt the offense a little bit. I wish them all a speedy recovery, and I hope they can all heel up quick enough to return on the field this upcoming Sunday against the Dolphins.

One last thing: the freaking penalties must stop. Every time you commit a penalty, you're shooting yourselves in the foot. In a way, the penalties were kind of costly. I believe the Broncos would've made the game closer than it was, if not win the game.

But, I give credit to the Rams. Shaun Hill looked good out there, completing 20 of 29 passes. Rams rushed for 113 yards, but they ran the ball about 39 times, and small change adds up. Kenny Britt was awesome out there. He had 128 yards and the only TD pass from Shaun Hill. Their defense outplayed the Broncos O-line, which was the key factor in their win.

Well, the Broncos have to rebound and get better as a team. Everyone must improve, including Peyton and the coaching staff. After a 3-game road trip, they finally return home as the Miami Dolphins are up next on the schedule. The home stretch looks favorable for the Broncos. As for the Dolphins, they have a good defense as well, so it's crucial that the O-line be on their A-game. If the Dolphins' defense get to Peyton & co, it could wind up being a long game again.

Broncos Country, don't give up. The season isn't over. It's not done. The Broncos aren't set to hit a downward spiral. I believe this is just a aberration. The Broncos are 7-3, #2 in the AFC, and still virtually the AFC West leader, so they're still in good shape. Everything's going work out for the better. Still in contention to capture that Lombardi trophy. It can still happen, but they just have to get back to playing Bronco football if they wanna win the Super Bowl this year. Notice, I said IF, not WHEN. So, lift your heads up, don't throw in the towels, and let's just get ready to take out the Dolphins.

That's my rant. DB4L!!!!

~ A-Fizzle ~

Comment

I was reading Kiszla: Time for John Fox to demand more from Broncos

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/11/17/7231545/are-the-broncos-still-contenders

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/11/16/7230063/john-fox-strikes-again

Read it and weep. He felt the quarter was "too much of a grind" and was afraid that we would be getting "too cute" and he was too worried. Plus we were getting the ball in the 3rd.

He and Manning had an argument on the sidelines that wasn't captured on film but reported by peoe on Twitter. Manning was fuming.
                          Last edited by broncoslover115; 11-17-2014, 11:17 AM.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

He kept the timeouts to use for the media if they got out of line with handing him his ass.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                              He kept the timeouts to use for the media if they got out of line with handing him his ass.
                              hahahahahahahaha
                              I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Working...
                              X