We are on to Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are on to Miami

I thought I would create a thread about our next opponent, Miami Dolphins (6-4)

This game is definitely not a gimme. Thank god we are playing at home.

They are:
    30th in passing yards per game of 191.8 yards/game
    1st in rushing yards per game of 174.2 yards/game
    3rd in opponent passing yards of 215 yards/game
    7th in opponent rushing yards of 90.8 yards/game

According to advancedfootballanalytics.com statistics, the Dolphins are ranked #2 in the week 10 ratings (12 offense and 2nd defense).

According to footballoutsiders.com statistics, the dolphins are ranked #6th best team in the week 10 ratings (13 offense and 3rd defense).

Their offensive Studs (according to profootballfocus.com) are
    1) Brandon Albert OL 17.5
    2) Jarvis Landry WR 5.4
    3) Damien Williams HB 3.3

Their offensive duds are
    1) Dallas Thomas OL -20.2
    2) Mike Pouncy OL -11.5
    3) Daryn College OL -10.9

Their defensive studs are
    1) Cameron Wake DL 28.8
    2) Oliver Vernon DL 16.9
    3) Jelani Jenkins LB 12.5

Their defensive duds are
    1) Terence Fede DL -3.8
    2) Jamar Taylor DB -3.3
    3) Cortland Finnegan DB -3.1

(NOTE: This thread is NOT your opportunity to tell us why Fox needs to be fired or OZ needs to replace Peyton or anything like that. This thread is to talk about our next opponent, Miami Dolphins)

We are on to Miami!
    Last edited by johntbronco; 11-17-2014, 03:55 PM.

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
    I thought I would create a thread about our next opponent, Miami Dolphins (6-4)

This game is definitely not a gimme. Thank god we are playing at home.

They are:
    30th in passing yards per game of 191.8 yards/game
    1st in rushing yards per game of 174.2 yards/game
    3rd in opponent passing yards of 215 yards/game
    7th in opponent rushing yards of 90.8 yards/game

According to advancedfootballanalytics.com statistics, the Dolphins are ranked #2 in the week 10 ratings (12 offense and 2nd defense).

According to footballoutsiders.com statistics, the dolphins are ranked #6th best team in the week 10 ratings (13 offense and 3rd defense).

Their offensive Studs (according to profootballfocus.com) are
    1) Brandon Albert OL 17.5
    2) Jarvis Landry WR 5.4
    3) Damien Williams HB 3.3

Their offensive duds are
    1) Dallas Thomas OL -20.2
    2) Mike Pouncy OL -11.5
    3) Daryn College OL -10.9

Their defensive studs are
    1) Cameron Wake DL 28.8
    2) Oliver Vernon DL 16.9
    3) Jelani Jenkins LB 12.5

Their defensive duds are
    1) Terence Fede DL -3.8
    2) Jamar Taylor DB -3.3
    3) Cortland Finnegan DB -3.1

(NOTE: This thread is NOT your opportunity to tell us why Fox needs to be fired or OZ needs to replace Peyton or anything like that. This thread is to talk about our next opponent, Miami Dolphins)

We are on to Miami!
    Brandon Albert is on IR. Damien Williams is a backup and only gets a few carries. PFF ratings are a little strange.

Comment

Originally posted by DurangoDolphan View Post
      Brandon Albert is on IR. Damien Williams is a backup and only gets a few carries. PFF ratings are a little strange.
      Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by johntbronco View Post
        Thanks for the info!
        No problem.
        Miami is a team that thrives on getting pressure with 4 and has the deepest D-line in football. That being said, that also have trouble with other teams that have a solid front. They struggle with teams like KC, Buffalo and detroit.

Comment

From what I've seen from their games I've watched, they have trouble scoring points. If we can be ourselves, we should be able to beat them.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

With their front 4 and our shaky o-line and mannings immobility this could be trouble

Comment

Were going to win only because we are at home ...... With that said Fox needs to be fired !!!! Have a nice day

Comment

Cameron Wake can be a beast. So far he has 8.5 sacks, but on a good day, he can probably get about 5.

Not taking this team lightly. They have some nice ingredients in the mix. But I do believe we will win by a TD or more.

Comment

If we play anything like we did in the last 3 weeks against Miami we will lose, at home or not.
                  :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                  sigpic

Comment

From a Pats fan perspective, 2 guys to watch on Miami this game: Cameron Wake and Mike Wallace.

Wake vs. Broncos' RT (Vasquez or the other guy) - seems to be a big mismatch.

Mike Wallace - Broncos safeties have had some issues covering the deep third of the field. Tannehill will take some shots deep to him

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                      From what I've seen from their games I've watched, they have trouble scoring points. If we can be ourselves, we should be able to beat them.
                      I said the same thing going into the St Louis game. And we know how that turned out.

You could also argue if we can be ourselves we can beat anybody in the league. It just seems we don't always like to play like that.
                      sigpic

Comment

The Dolphins are a tough match up. They play hard-nosed football.

They won't go down quietly and they'll pressure the hell out of your struggling O-line.

How's the weather look for Sunday?
                        "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

Miami is another formidable opponent, I'll say the same thing I said last week & the week before, we need to run the and stick with it. I really hope they put Franklin back at RT, I know some of you don't like that idea but it can't much worse.

That being said, if we can go out and get a good solid win against Miami, well maybe we'll get some confidence and momentum going forward.

Edit: Virgil Green is hugely missed!
                          Last edited by ELWAY421; 11-17-2014, 05:38 PM.

Comment

After what I have seen, I am thinking Denver may be the underdog.
                            sigpic

Comment

Real possibility of a loss. Their defense is pretty aggressive. Wake is quite good.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X