No announcement yet.

Playoff Scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Away to SD on the west coast won't be easy for them either..... plus they have Miami at home and the Jets on the road.

We're just have to see how the games play out. I think if we run the table we get homefield. Unlikely ? yes. tough ? yes........... but very do-able. Especially if we can get by the Chiefs next week

Comment

I don't understand why most everyone just automatically assume that the Broncos are doomed if they have to go into Foxborough and play the Patriots in the playoffs. Just because we haven't beaten them there lately doesn't mean we won't next time we play them there. We should have beaten them there last year during the regular season game but let them rally instead. This Broncos team is good enough to beat any other team any where. It's all about execution during game.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtDiver View Post
        I don't understand why most everyone just automatically assume that the Broncos are doomed if they have to go into Foxborough and play the Patriots in the playoffs. Just because we haven't beaten them there lately doesn't mean we won't next time we play them there. We should have beaten them there last year during the regular season game but let them rally instead. This Broncos team is good enough to beat any other team any where. It's all about execution during game.
        Honesty I don't see anybody beating New England the rest of the way, let alone going into Foxboro in winning in the postseason.. With Brady playing at the level that he is now, and Gronk dominating how he is .. plus Edelman, LaFell, Wright, Vereen and others.. along with the power run game of Gray and now Blount Force Trauma is back? Just too much for defenses to stop.. and defensively have been playing lights out the last 5 or 6 weeks, at every level.. a reason why teams have been beat by New England good or bad, by at least 20 points the last 5 or 6 weeks.. They are THAT GOOD... Remember what Blount did last season? In the kicking game as well? And Gray wasn't even here last season.. a 1 2 punch of Gray and Blount is more time of possession while Tom is shredding defenses .. that's at least 500lbs plus combine between the two running backs .. POWER football perfect recipe in Nov/Dec/Jan .. plus Chandler Jones returns to a defense that's been playing great.. to me.. its over for the AFC and I haven't said that since 2004 realistically and ironically.. but this Patriots team right now is that special

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
          Honesty I don't see anybody beating New England the rest of the way, let alone going into Foxboro in winning in the postseason.. With Brady playing at the level that he is now, and Gronk dominating how he is .. plus Edelman, LaFell, Wright, Vereen and others.. along with the power run game of Gray and now Blount Force Trauma is back? Just too much for defenses to stop.. and defensively have been playing lights out the last 5 or 6 weeks, at every level.. a reason why teams have been beat by New England good or bad, by at least 20 points the last 5 or 6 weeks.. They are THAT GOOD... Remember what Blount did last season? In the kicking game as well? And Gray wasn't even here last season.. a 1 2 punch of Gray and Blount is more time of possession while Tom is shredding defenses .. that's at least 500lbs plus combine between the two running backs .. POWER football perfect recipe in Nov/Dec/Jan .. plus Chandler Jones returns to a defense that's been playing great.. to me.. its over for the AFC and I haven't said that since 2004 realistically and ironically.. but this Patriots team right now is that special
          Remember how everyone was crying for poor Tom Brady that he didn't have any weapons? Boo hoo!! Remember that? I never want to hear that again. If they lose a game that better not be the excuse.
          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

We owe the Raiders a big thanks.

Taking down the Chiefs means even if we lose we still in first place.

Obviously we want to win
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Of Course we want a win a Win this Week and a Win in KC would put us what 3 games ahead of him since if Denver would tie at the end of the Season Denver would get the Tiebreaker no matter what if they can get 2 wins over KC.

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                Lol gray has one great game and you're lumping him with names like brady and gronk. We will see how SPECIAL this patriots team is. It is waaaaaaaay too much football left to be played to be naming any team "special". All it takes is one loss and then the pats will be back down to earth with everyone else.

Comment

Anything can happen! It often is hard to rationalize anything. Of course I would want us to have home field through out, but when you look back at playoffs and history it has very little to do with who has had home field but is a team building momentum at the right time. Our own Super Bowl run in 1997 was a win at home then improbable wins at KC and in three Rivers against Pittsburgh. Look at Ravens in 2012. Win at home and then wins in Denver and then in New England, the very Foxborough everyone is scared off. Many more examples like this dot the playoff past, and can this Broncos team do the same if required? Yes, it can. Whether they choose to accept that fact is the question.

This team is very talented and has the players and ability to accomplish the ultimate goal. Certainly it is easier done from home, but it is not impossible to win games on the road. I am hoping upon all hope that we get some luck and thee Pats take some injuries and falter a bit down the stretch and we start to gain our momentum.

That said, the NFL is one week at a time and great teams do not care where the game is played but rather that they are playing. Great teams rise to the occasion and play to win no matter the location or the opponent.

Will this be a great team??? I certainly hope so. United In Orange, Go Broncos, Let's Mile High Salute in Arizona in February. To do that, let's start with a win today against Miami
                  Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does.

Comment

Working...
                  X