Any love for our old D logo helmets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any love for our old D logo helmets?

This is my 1st time on a board with so many other Bronco fans and it's great! I've always wanted to find out what other fans thought when we changed our helmet logo and uniforms back in '97. I love the old D logo and sky blue and wish it was never changed...otoh, I wonder if we would have had the ability to jump back up and punch the Packers in the mouth after going down 0-7 in the SB if we had been wearing the uniform that had lost 4 SB's.

How big a change in our toughness and ability to win the SB was due to the uniform/logo change? Do you think we still would have beaten the Pack with our old D and orange jerseys?

"There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

I like that blue better then the "new" blue
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I like the old school helmet. I wasnt fond of the sky blue color it evolved into, I much preferred a darker shade of blues like the early 70s shade.

Comment

I wish they would be our yearly alternates.

Comment

Nah.

Throwback unis once in a while would be good to see though.

Comment

I like the blue jerseys better than the orange in the new style.

Comment

I'm a life long broncos fan being born in denver in 1976. There is a huge part of me that would of loved to see those super bowl wins in our old jerseys for redemption. If I remember correctly, though, the vote for the new stadium was coming up and Pat Bowlen took the "D" out of the logo to send a message, that he was willing to move the team to another city if he didn't get his new stadium.

Comment

I don't mind the old logo at all, but I do think it was intelligent to get rid of the D in the logo. I don't know whether it is true that Bowlen took it out to send a message, but rather I think it was intelligent to make it more about the Broncos than Denver when it comes to having a widespread fan base. I think that the current logo can appeal to a broader audience than the D logo ever could have. I do probably prefer the lighter blue over over the new blue and I'm still not sold on our pointy stripes on our helmets. Overall, I think I like the burnt orange color we're using now though.
                sigpic

For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

Comment

I love the old logo. My favorite jacket has the blue on blue logo on the back.
                  Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

I actually miss our old road unis with the sky blue trim. I'd like to see our current road unis with the orange and blue switched. I think that would look sweet with orange numbers and stripes on white instead of the navy blue.

Comment

I love the old uni's! I like the new ones now, they grow on you.

Comment

I like the crazy horse helmets.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          I like the crazy horse helmets.
                          Who would have guessed!

Comment

I think once a year pull out the D helmets at home against the Raiders. Just my 2 cents....... GO BRONCOS!!
                            res ipsa loquitur

Comment

I liked the old D logo but I like the horse head better. I also liked the crazy horse too. I did not like the idea of limiting the orange in the uniform and welcome the "prominent" orange we recently went back to.

None.

Yes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X