No announcement yet.

Any love for our old D logo helmets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't initially a fan of the blue-to-orange uniform transition, but that grew on me. I don't like the big 'D' though...I think the zebra Steeler colors are the only possible uglier thing that you could put on the field.

Comment

Wasn't in 1996 when we had played the Packers at home, were beatin' 41–6. I can't quite remember, but I think we had some guys out. I do remember Mark Schlereth saying, even after the blowout loss, he said that many of the broncos felt like the packers were very much beatable, and it was the same year we lost to Jacksonville. It was pretty much the same roster that won the super bowl without Neal Smith. Sooo we could of maybe won a super bowl in those jerseys, if not for Jacksonville. I don't know what happened that game, but I know Shanahan took the blame for loss and felt like he didn't get the team prepared, and it would never happen again. I'm not quite sure what he did or didn't do as a head coach to earn that loss. I do remember Michael Dean Perry didn't get his butt off the field when Jackson was going to punt on 4th down which gave them a penalty to extend a Jacksonville drive, can't quite remember if it was the game winning drive or not, though...been so long. What could of been, the image below says it all during the Jacksonville loss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Denver_Broncos_season

Comment

Originally posted by JesseH View Post
        Wasn't in 1996 when we had played the Packers at home, were beatin' 41–6. I can't quite remember, but I think we had some guys out. I do remember Mark Schlereth saying, even after the blowout loss, he said that many of the broncos felt like the packers were very much beatable, and it was the same year we lost to Jacksonville. It was pretty much the same roster that won the super bowl without Neal Smith. Sooo we could of maybe won a super bowl in those jerseys, if not for Jacksonville. I don't know what happened that game, but I know Shanahan took the blame for loss and felt like he didn't get the team prepared, and it would never happen again. I'm not quite sure what he did or didn't do as a head coach to earn that loss. I do remember Michael Dean Perry didn't get his butt off the field when Jackson was going to punt on 4th down which gave them a penalty to extend a Jacksonville drive, can't quite remember if it was the game winning drive or not, though...been so long. What could of been, the image below says it all during the Jacksonville loss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Denver_Broncos_season
        I'm pretty sure that '96 game against the Packers was in Green Bay.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
          This is my 1st time on a board with so many other Bronco fans and it's great! I've always wanted to find out what other fans thought when we changed our helmet logo and uniforms back in '97. I love the old D logo and sky blue and wish it was never changed...otoh, I wonder if we would have had the ability to jump back up and punch the Packers in the mouth after going down 0-7 in the SB if we had been wearing the uniform that had lost 4 SB's.

How big a change in our toughness and ability to win the SB was due to the uniform/logo change? Do you think we still would have beaten the Pack with our old D and orange jerseys?

I love the old logo and I love the current one, too. I don't think the uniform change had anything to do with the SB win. Shanahan had come in in '95 and began a turnaround after the Wade Phillips years. SB XXXII was the culmination of that turnaround and I am positive the result would have been exactly the same regardless of which unis we were wearing.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JesseH View Post
            I do remember Michael Dean Perry didn't get his butt off the field when Jackson was going to punt on 4th down which gave them a penalty to extend a Jacksonville drive, can't quite remember if it was the game winning drive or not, though...been so long. What could of been, the image below says it all during the Jacksonville loss.
            I remember that also. I was so angry that we blow the chance for another Elway Q4 comeback because MDP couldn't at least jog off the field
            "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
            PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
            LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

I think we should wear the old orange D helmets when we wear our white away uniforms.

Comment

"d"

I love the old school "D", but we won the Super Bowls with the new uniforms. 😁
                Last edited by DavisMVP; 11-22-2014, 08:35 AM.

Comment

SO MANY GREAT memories with the old logo, even despite the Super Bowl losses. It took me awhile to get used to the "modern" one, but winning those two Super Bowls helped! But I wouldn't be sad if they decided to go back to the old "D" horse logo!

Comment

I always like the big D growing up ...cuz my name starts with a D also

When they changed the uniform I hated it at first...mostly because I cant stand uniforms that are all the same color. I like contrast...helmet to be a diff color than the jersey etc. I still don't like the all blue arrangement today, although Ive come to like the blue jersey white pants. I have always thought they should have kept the orange jersey and now that its back, it had better stay.

I did the think the logo was pretty cool...but I hated the all orange helmet stripes, might have like to see some white in there.

CHANGES ID LIKE TO SEE:

First off I hate the all white road uniform...its tradition I know but I like colored pants sorry...We could do a version with blue pants/white shirt, and even orange pants version.

It would be kinda interesting to see a Tecmo Bowl version of our home uniform...Blue pants orange shirt...with a white stripe on the pants going up into the jersey.

Cmon Elway ! get creative !

Comment

I actually liked these too for a throwback, just like the Packers did last week, shows homage to our roots.

My favorite helmet ever was the old D though!
                      sigpic
                      The Bronco fan pledge;
                      I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                      I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                      I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                      I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                      Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

I love the old ones. I remember when we switched, it was somewhat controversial at the time. I also remember them talking about it during one of the games. The one announcer said it wouldn't matter cause we would go on to win the SB and that would settle that. Sure enough we did. So I love the new ones too.
                        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Been a fan since '76 and I have no issue with current look, though when first introduced I was a little against it. Winning a SB in the new look ended any negativity towards it. The only thing I can really say on it, is when ever I order a Jersey, helmet, etc. I always get the old guard look. That probably has more to do with the names on the jersey and them proven to be Bronco elites.

I will probably get one of the new look in getting a TD jersey, and should Payton bring home a SB championship, I'll get his jersey too. What I really would like to find again is an Orange Crush defense t-shirt. Had one as a kid (went well with my '76 Colorado Winter Olympics gear!). Miss that shirt.... and that defense.

Comment

Originally posted by VADER72 View Post
                            I wish they would be our yearly alternates.
                            Man that would be awesome to see...

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
                              I'm pretty sure that '96 game against the Packers was in Green Bay.
                              Typo, meant to say "their home"

Comment

Working...
                              X