Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did the Broncos let go of Mike Adams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post
    Right?! Most weeks, I watch the game with the same people and we say this same thing..."how can they not cover the middle of the field/disrupt the receiver at the line/fix the same problems they have every week?"
    Because every defense is giving up huge plays to tight ends over the middle right now. Penalties against defensive players are at an all-time high.

I'm not blaming everything on that, but it is happening all over the league. Denver isn't "cursed," or failing to figure something out. One thing I have noticed is ZERO fans have an idea of what would truly and legitimately fix it. Most talents aren't plug-and-play either, so saying "[insert guy]" isn't valid.

Comment

I think we started the whole 10 yards off coverage with Larry Coyer the year Champ Bailey had his best season. I loved it then but hate it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos1963 View Post
        It seems they're hellbent to force players into a system rather than design a system around the player's strengths. Plus, it seems that Denver coaches simply refuse to pick a primary player group and allow them to play together consistently.
        Unfortunately, this illustrates another weakness of our staff then. If they hand pick a FA or drafted player and they don't have the skill set to perform their function in the system, then that is very poor scouting. So not only are they incapable of finding the skill type they need, but they're apparently incapable of finding the best way of using the talent that has been stockpiled on this roster. This more than anything is very disheartening for me.
        Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
          Some guys just don't work in certain systems, with certain locker rooms, under certain coaches. Can't look in hindsight when a guy excels somewhere else.
          Great answer! Adams is a good player, just not a good fit for the Broncos system.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
            Great answer! Adams is a good player, just not a good fit for the Broncos system.
            Quite the opposite actually. We put our safeties in a lot of man coverage situations, Adams played cb for the early portion of his career. Adams was a very underrated blitzer as well as a reliable tackler. He also wouldn't let people get behind him if he was the deep safety a la quinton carter

Comment

The problem is not the talent it Jack Delrio, Look at some of the players we let go, Ayer looks good, Adams looks good, why? because they are in a better system.

and then the players we grab, Ward looks bad, Talib gets beat every game, Ware looks okay but not good.

Comment

He would've stolen Rahim the Dream's spot and that's the last thing we want to happen......

Comment

Working...
                X