Hey Bronco fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Bronco fans

Just thought I would drop in to talk a little Football. I must say I pretty impressed with the Broncos this year. The team could have folded w/Jake went down and you lost a few games, but now he is back and the Broncos seemed to be on track. It looks like Portis is going to play this weekend, so my question is how effective do the fans think he is going to be. I know an 85% Portis could still spell trouble for the Colts 'D' but we seem to be peaking right now which is good. The Colts haven't allowed a 100 yd rusher I believe in the last 4 or 5 games. Good luck to you guys after Sunday and I hope both teams come out injury free.

indycoltman...

Welcome aboard. Yep.... we've done well since Jake came back. I don't see CP playing in this game to be honest. Even if he was 85%, I think Shanahan would keep him out for another week. Am not certain how he'd measure up against your D to be honest. It's not really your D that most Bronco's fans are concerned about though

Good luck in the play offs. Hope we see you there.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
    ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

I don't think we should play CP at anytihng but 100%. I really think Shanny will decide based on whether or not the Rams beat the Bungles. With a CIN loss, Denve rcan lost to the colts and beat the Packers and still get in.
      Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

hey...we don't allow 100 yard rushers either.....Good luck Sunday nite!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Maybe Shanny's plan is to let everybody know that CP is playing this weekend so Indy prepares for him.

Then we'll throw Anderson at them, they won't be ready for that, and we roll over them.

Maybe...
          Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by pikman
            Maybe Shanny's plan is to let everybody know that CP is playing this weekend so Indy prepares for him.

Then we'll throw Anderson at them, they won't be ready for that, and we roll over them.

Maybe...
            How 'bout we make him "doubtful", then Shanny puts him in last minute, ala Jake Plummer in early season (against SD i think)

Anyways, if they prepare for portis, Anderson will not "run all over them"
            Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Originally posted by chickennob2
              Anyways, if they prepare for portis, Anderson will not "run all over them"

why not?
              Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

Re: Hey Bronco fans

Originally posted by indycoltman
                Just thought I would drop in to talk a little Football. I must say I pretty impressed with the Broncos this year. The team could have folded w/Jake went down and you lost a few games, but now he is back and the Broncos seemed to be on track. It looks like Portis is going to play this weekend, so my question is how effective do the fans think he is going to be. I know an 85% Portis could still spell trouble for the Colts 'D' but we seem to be peaking right now which is good. The Colts haven't allowed a 100 yd rusher I believe in the last 4 or 5 games. Good luck to you guys after Sunday and I hope both teams come out injury free.
                I do not think you will have to worry about CP playing. You are one of only 3 teams in the NFL that sill play with that horrible artifical turf. That stuff is nasty and just asking for an ACL injury to happen. If someone is not at 100% and running differnt to protect an injury artificial turf is not where you want that to be done. Indy needs to do the NFL a favor, along with Minn and St. Louis, and replace that old turf with that new feild turf that plays like grass. Good Luck on Sunday!

Comment

I agree. Unless Portis is a miracle worker and is ready to go, rest him up for Green Bay.

Anderson has proven himself before, and I would like to see a change of pace with Griffin. He has had some good runs.

We must have ball control though and Lelie should have more confidence since he caught those passes against the Browns.

The injury to Dan Neil worries me some though...
                  Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
                    Just as a side note:

The "field" turf is made of slivers of polyethylene and polypropylene, and then has a bunch of acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene rubber chunks poured all over it.

Somehow, I doubt this really FEELS like grass, but it's made to simulate the response of grass to impact.

(polyethylene and polypropylene are used for tupperware and plastic bottles, respectively - among many other uses, but those are the most frequently seen)
                    You're talking about the new style turf right? The Colts play on the old stuff that does not have much give to it. At any rate your post was truely Cliff Clavenesque.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Jimmy
                      It wouldn't matter if they played on a bed of feathers. Face it, you have no chance. Manning might set some records Sunday.
                      Of course we have a trash talker arrive.

Now I would prefer it if Portis sat out this week. Why risk it. Anderson has proven he can run the ball in the past and now he feels he owes the team with his latest personal issue.

I say let Mike run the ball and do what he did for us before Portis took the top spot as the running back. Didn't Anderson have a 1000+ yard season? He can get the job done. The O line will see to that. Give Mike the chance and let Jake do the rest on offense. Oh and I want to see Eddie get a touchdown this week!!

Now the D needs to keep Manning guessing and shut him down. With that in mind, winning this game is not that far out of reach.

GO BRONCOS!!
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Jimmy
                        It wouldn't matter if they played on a bed of feathers. Face it, you have no chance. Manning might set some records Sunday.
                        Mind your own bussiness. Go slamm some barbaque sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69
                          Of course we have a trash talker arrive.

Now I would prefer it if Portis sat out this week. Why risk it. Anderson has proven he can run the ball in the past and now he feels he owes the team with his latest personal issue.

I say let Mike run the ball and do what he did for us before Portis took the top spot as the running back. Didn't Anderson have a 1000+ yard season? He can get the job done. The O line will see to that. Give Mike the chance and let Jake do the rest on offense. Oh and I want to see Eddie get a touchdown this week!!

Now the D needs to keep Manning guessing and shut him down. With that in mind, winning this game is not that far out of reach.

GO BRONCOS!!
                          I totally agree. Anderson is a former 1500 yard rusher so we know he is capable of getting the job done. Besides he should be fresh. We need to run effectively if we're to have any chance. We can not afford to get into a passing game track meet with the Colts.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofanjp
                            I totally agree. Anderson is a former 1500 yard rusher
                            I couldn't remember how many yards it was. I was thinking 1300. Thanks for adding to my point.

Mike has what it takes and his number should be called.

GO BRONCOS!!
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
                              Just as a side note:

The "field" turf is made of slivers of polyethylene and polypropylene, and then has a bunch of acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene rubber chunks poured all over it.

Somehow, I doubt this really FEELS like grass, but it's made to simulate the response of grass to impact.

(polyethylene and polypropylene are used for tupperware and plastic bottles, respectively - among many other uses, but those are the most frequently seen)
                              Your right it does not feel like grass, but as an athletic trainer i have had chances to run around on this type of turf. It is amazing and most the players love it. True nothing will ever replace grass, but it gives more like real grass, and plays more like it too. Might not be grass, but wouldnt you rather play on something with give instead of playing on concrete like surface?

Comment

Working...
                              X