No announcement yet.

2nd Chance for Brandon McManus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna hold out on this. It may be premature until we've seen how other teams scheme for each of them and then how they respond.

That, to me, well really determine how well or poor their season goes.

Comment

I spoke with a sales associate at the team store and he said it is up to NFL as to what players are chosen for teams jerseys. So my guess is Harris won't be available until next season based on popularity...which was strange to me as he should be one of the more popular Broncos players. So I had to pay extra for a "custom" jersey beginning of August.

sigpic

Comment

Shaq Barrett for now but Ray will be better player down the road as he gains more experience and game slows down for him.
        sigpic

Comment

I won't underestimate Barrett, I can't think of any player who's made a bigger leap from year one to year two, love his run defense. Ray looks to be a hard worker with a desire to be great. Wow, can you believe these two guy's are our second string.

Comment

I have been preaching FB FB FB for about 6 years now where is Howard Griffith when you need him.
            sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

Kubiak was about as familiar with Baltimore as anyone could be. I suppose more FB plays might have looked like the right thing to do from your couch, but it seems Dennison and Kubiak saw it differently.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
                So I don't think we saw one single play with a FB?
                He was in for. 7 offensive plays lol but James Casey isn't a full back but perhaps a better question would be, will our Tight End please stand up!

Comment

Originally posted by Shiz View Post
                  I spoke with a sales associate at the team store and he said it is up to NFL as to what players are chosen for teams jerseys. So my guess is Harris won't be available until next season based on popularity...which was strange to me as he should be one of the more popular Broncos players. So I had to pay extra for a "custom" jersey beginning of August.

That is beautiful and worth every penny u paid extra!
                  Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Wow, how did I not know this guy existed??? Haha, and I thought I was passionate about the Broncos!

Let's go get it tonight against the Chiefs!

Comment

Originally posted by nickmeyer View Post
                      So I don't think we saw one single play with a FB?
                      I can only find three plays with 21 personnel, under center, in an I Formation with a Back at FB depth and two of those were offset; they were all in the first quarter.

When Kubiak returned to Denver, he said he wanted a Fullback. I thought he meant a "true" FB and I thought he would draft one or sign a FA FB.

What they ended up with were TE/FBs who can make a formation 21 or 12 personnel depending on where they line up. There were about sixteen plays with 12 personnel. We'll see how this unfolds as the season progresses.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post

How exactly do you know it is "Peyton's offense?" Peyton looked awful last week but what I don't get it how so many people say something like it's Peyton's offense or Peyton can't run Kubiak's offense. How can it be both? Weird

Anyway, lest we fret over what the meaning of the word is is, Owen Daniels said:

It's too easy to make things up which I often read here. If PM is going to suck, at least let the man suck for what has done instead rather than what he has not.
                        Right. While 11 personnel formations dominated with about 44 plays and 40 in Gun, the dominance of a short passing game said WCO to me which would be Kubiak. Against Baltimore, it was 62% Pass, but who knows what it will be tonight? Kubiak uses a lot of different formations some of which are unusual. At some point this year it wouldn't surprise me to see Norwood or Sanders line up in the RB spot.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          I can only find three plays with 21 personnel, under center, in an I Formation with a Back at FB depth and two of those were offset; they were all in the first quarter.

When Kubiak returned to Denver, he said he wanted a Fullback. I thought he meant a "true" FB and I thought he would draft one or sign a FA FB.

What they ended up with were TE/FBs who can make a formation 21 or 12 personnel depending on where they line up. There were about sixteen plays with 12 personnel. We'll see how this unfolds as the season progresses.
                          Wow it almost sounds as if the Elway Kubiak marriage is off to a bad start. I hope that's not the case

Comment

Really want to see a FB that can pass/run Block and also catch some passes out of the backfield.
                            sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

This kid is looking pretty good so far. Hope he keeps proving people wrong.
                              sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Working...
                              X