No announcement yet.

Fox - Broncos Part ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would truly rather not make the playoffs than go and get my hopes up only to be embarrassed time after time. A change needed to be made, we may suck for awhile but we were never going to win a championship with Fox, so why not start over.

Comment

• Originally posted by CNETT324 View Post
      Vic Lombardi tweeted that the whole coaching staff is fired
      Manning must've decided. The best thing for the Broncos is to move forward, and they cannot do this with Manning.
      sigpic
      Rogue Colts Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        I think it's IMPOSSIBLE to read into this as any indication as to Manning's status going forward. I just don't think at this point Manning has made up his mind. A player with his history, stature, and experience couldn't possibly make a decision THAT quick.

To me, this is something that has clearly been building for a while with Elway and Fox. You don't fire the winningest coach in team history after just four years, one year removed from a Super Bowl appearance, over one playoff loss. Something soured between the two over the course of the season or even the offseason, The bottom line is this is a team that has been built for the past 3 years to win a championship, and they haven't gotten it done. I personally love it because it shows Elway is managing with a sense of urgency, and in the NFL there's no other way to manage. I just never felt that with Fox, even while maintaining a high level of respect for him, that he coached with any sense of urgency.
        Manning may not have made up his mind, but I don't think that matters to Elway. Elway had phase 1 with Manning, I would guess phase 2 is without.
        Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• Originally posted by weefishy View Post
          I hope Peyton doesn't go...
          +1000000000000000000000

Comment

• Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
            I don't know if Studesville is anywhere close to being considered, but if any coaches rise from within, I think he's our best choice.

Is Elway making room for Gase before he loses him? Firing Fox is making room for someone. One thing I've learned about Sports hiring and even drafting for that matter ...... timing is everything. To let Fox go, might and hopefully means Elway already has someone lined up and had to pull the trigger now. Because a guy without a job this season is a guy in the middle of a contract the next. I wonder who it is

I really think Elway has his ducks in a row. He doesn't blow it up without having some kind of firm footing to restart on.
            Opening the door for Quinn?

One thing that can't be denied - Elway almost always gets who he wants. Manning, Ward, Sanders, Welker, Ware, Talib, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
              John Fox was better than the guy who had the job before him. You people need to get over yourselves.

This might be a good move or it could make things worse. Nothing is guaranteed to make it better than what it's been for the last four seasons.
              LOL, most NFL coaches are better than McHoodie. Fox was better but was too conservative and got out-coached in the big games.

Comment

• Originally posted by frybread View Post
                LOL, most NFL coaches are better than McHoodie. Fox was better but was too conservative and got out-coached in the big games.
                Hopefully the next coach can get to big games. The league is full of coaches with talent that can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruksak View Post
                  Manning must've decided. The best thing for the Broncos is to move forward, and they cannot do this with Manning.
                  What's interesting to me is that Manning stated about a month or 2 ago that he's returning next year but yesterday he sounded unsure in his press conference . I'm not sure if it was his emotions or what

Comment

• Am I the only one who thinks Peyton has 2 more years left IF healthy

Comment

• Originally posted by rkymntskier View Post
                      I would truly rather not make the playoffs than go and get my hopes up only to be embarrassed time after time. A change needed to be made, we may suck for awhile but we were never going to win a championship with Fox, so why not start over.
                      I think going 10-6 or 9-7 and winning a game or two in the playoffs is better than going 13-3 and getting eliminated in one game or blown out in the SB. I'd rather watch a team play hard and lose than what we have here, which is a very talented team come out lethargic and with no heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by rkymntskier View Post
                        I would truly rather not make the playoffs than go and get my hopes up only to be embarrassed time after time. A change needed to be made, we may suck for awhile but we were never going to win a championship with Fox, so why not start over.
                        That was a prevalent attitude in Denver after their three Super Bowl losses in the Eighties.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• I would think that Elway has a plan. Not very many good coaches are going to want to come to Denver without a quarterback. It's a very hard sell to say we have Brock, who has never played a full game. Elway had to have talked to Manning and knows his intentions.

Comment

• Originally posted by CNETT324 View Post
                            What's intesresting to me is that Manning stated about a month or 2 ago that he's returning next year but yesterday he sounded unsure in his press conference . I'm not sure if it was his emotions or what
                            He's old and that's not gonna change. He blamed himself a lot this year and that probably tells him something.

Comment

• Originally posted by ruksak View Post
                              I believe that Elway's firing of Fox and letting Gase pursue other opportunities in essence makes Peyton's decision.

I believe that we're seen Peyton play his last game.
                              "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

• ‏@AdamSchefter
                                Also, one HC candidate the Broncos want to interview is Seahawks DC Dan Quinn (who doesn't?).

Comment

Working...
                                X