No announcement yet.

Fox - Broncos Part ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little different perspective. This is similar to the Chargers firing Marty after the 14-2 season in 2006. It wasn't the fix.
    Firing Fox doesn't solve your problems. Some of them maybe, but there is the matter of the 19 million dollar man.
    Peyton Manning will rightly go down as the absolute smartest player ever and one of the top 10 dudes to line up under center. He is, however, a different player in the playoffs. Yes, he was hurt this year, but the result is really no different then most years. PM has the most playoff losses of any QB. The most one and done's of any QB ever. You could look at it positively ans say, well, that just means he played in a bunch of playoffs. True. Few to play the game were better at getting there than #18. But his history in the post season is pretty clear. So many chances, so many great teams, only one ring.

I don't think it matters who is the coach if PM stays another year. Having said that, my vote is for PM to stay another year.
    Last edited by Go_Bolts04; 01-12-2015, 04:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
      If Elway has told all the coaches that they have permission and should look for other opportunities, then I doubt its Gase cause I believe they would be trying to keep some in place.

Nop imo cleaning house in the coaches and Elway is starting over with a brand new HC who will have leaveway in picking his own crew, Just wonder if behind the scenes Elway already has a favorite picked...hmmm....
      Several of those coaches are John Fox's guys, they came with him from Carolina and are likely to follow him, by forcing them to stay you just create a situation like McDaniels had in his first year when they kept Bobby Turner who didn't really want to be here. Giving guys permission to seek jobs elsewhere allows those guys to leave but it doesn't preclude Elway from saying to guys, we'd really like you to stay here and doesn't really affect Gase's chances at the top job here IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
        Let's bring in Vermeil. He has a SB ring and has experience winning with a no name QB.

Settle down, just kidding.
        How about Ryan Leaf?

Just kidding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Bolts04 View Post
          A little different perspective. This is similar to the Chargers firing Marty after the 14-2 season in 2006. It wasn't the fix.
          Firing Fox doesn't solve your problems. Some of them maybe, but there is the matter of the 19 million dollar man.
          Peyton Manning will rightly go down as the absolute smartest player ever and one of the top 3 or 4 people to line up under center. He is, however, a different player in the playoffs. Yes, he was hurt this year, but the result is really no different then most years. PM has the most playoff losses of any QB. The most one and done's of any QB ever. You could look at it positively ans say, well, that just means he played in a bunch of playoffs. True. Few to play the game were better at getting there than #18. But his history in the post season is pretty clear. So many chances, so many great teams, only one ring.

I don't think it matters who is the coach if PM stays another year. Having said that, my vote is for PM to stay another year.

Hopefully the Broncos don't hire Norv Turner as head coach...

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            The uncertainty at quarterback alone would be enough to turn people off. Denver might be more attractive than the Jets and Chicago, but not Atlanta or necessarily Oakland.
            I know they're all professionals, but as a Denver fan trying to put myself in the shoes of a head coaching candidate I can't come up with any reasons why I'd want to coach at the Black Hole

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
              I knew you'd be on that like a kitty on tuna, rather have Shanny or Bowles but wouldn't be unhappy with Quinn. Be just like Elway to weaken one of our major opponents while he is at it too.

I'm happy for your excitement, knew it was coming. I"d cp but have to reload
              You know me too well. Thanks for making me laugh today my friend. Ah, good point about weakening an opponent. He's a sly one that Elway!
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Hopefully the Broncos don't hire Norv Turner as head coach...
                That would be nice. But no, no one will ever be that stupid ever again.

Comment

• Let me state this too - you may not win a Super Bowl or win a playoff game with Manning next season, but you DEFINITELY won't without him. So why not bring him back for just one more year, see what he might be able to do and give yourself time to prepare for life without Manning, instead of catapulting yourself into mediocrity again and not having any real plan to get yourself out of it?
                  sigpic

Comment

• "Elway had issues over the past four years with the way the team was prepared and its mental toughness." http://t.co/tJu5jEszMK

Soo what we all taught....
                    sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Originally posted by fullcollapse View Post
                      I agree with you. Seemed odd and came off as a journalistic excuse in case his story doesn't pan out.

Without getting too off topic: it's a good sign that the Rooney Rule is regularly labeled as useless. I'd say the only group that might carry prejudice necessary for the directive to interview minority candidates is the old boys' club of owners.

I said this last week on PFT, I don't know the numbers but I believe the NFL would have the highest number of minority coordinators that they've ever had (or close to it) as these coaches have success and interview and become Head Coaches we'll see a natural progression of more minority head coaches and it will be because they're qualified candidates and deserve the job. Forcing teams to give Art Shell a call for a sham interview to meet this rule won't change things, the natural course of time will.

Comment

• Originally posted by fullcollapse View Post
                        Really hope it's not Gase. Manning is a lock to come back for Gase.

I disagree with the brand of football that Manning plays and want see him and his influence out of Denver.
                        Yeah, because setting records for points scored sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                          Yeah, because setting records for points scored sucks.
                          Nobody cares about records. Everybody cares about Super Bowls. Manning aint gunna cut it, and Gase had quite possibly one of the dumbest game-plans I've ever seen.
                          sigpic

Comment

• @JeffDarlington

Until Broncos have a new head coach in place, I’ve talked to many connected people who won’t believe Gary Kubiak is staying in Baltimore.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                              Let me state this too - you may not win a Super Bowl or win a playoff game with Manning next season, but you DEFINITELY won't without him. So why not bring him back for just one more year, see what he might be able to do and give yourself time to prepare for life without Manning, instead of catapulting yourself into mediocrity again and not having any real plan to get yourself out of it?
                              Preparing for life without Manning means giving Oz or some other QB significant playing time to gain experience. How can that happen with Manning here?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
                                Nobody cares about records. Everybody cares about Super Bowls. Manning aint gunna cut it, and Gase had quite possibly one of the dumbest game-plans I've ever seen.

The object of an offensive coordinator and a quarterback is to score points. Denver has done that as well or better than any other team.

To be clear, I agree with you about Gase. I think he's too predictable. To say that Manning's offensive influence in Denver is tiring is just wrong, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X