No announcement yet.

Fox - Broncos Part ways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just came to read how you guys were handling yesterday's loss and the upcoming change(s). I'm not a trash talker or here to gloat in any way. Tough loss yesterday (I have family in Denver that are season ticket holders, it was a dark, dark day)

I'm not always certain that firing the coach that got you to the superbowl and deep into the playoffs all four years is going to be the answer. Change for changes' sake rarely works out well. Look at how the Chargers wandered for 5 years once we fired a "too conservative" coach that took us to 14-2. Look at perennial bottom feeder teams that have a new coach and coaching staff every 2 years.

I like the division being more competitive, not less as it prepares the teams to have a better shot at taking the title. Will be watching how things unfold. Good luck.

Comment

• Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2m2 minutes ago

Don’t expect a new coach this week. The Broncos will interview several candidates before coach is named. Also have to abide Rooney Rule.

Comment

• bring in Tony Dungy

Comment

• Originally posted by onanygivensunda View Post
          If pigs could could fly, the beggars would ride.

Wish away... Seattle will prevail.
          It's "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dshawg1 View Post
            I keep reading Kubiak and get frustrated. He announced he was staying in Baltimore yesterday. It will not be Kubiak. Which IMO, sucks. Kubiak would be a good hire. Firing Fox without a strong plan in place is a big mistake. Fox is not a bad coach people.
            I think Kubiak could very much be in play. What job would he possibly want more or have more emotional attachment to then the Denver HC job? I suspect the "staying in Baltimore" applied to the openings "officially" known at the time...

That said- not sure at all where Elway's headed here. Very interesting...
            Last edited by Southern Bronco; 01-12-2015, 02:53 PM.

Comment

• Dungy out of retirement??

Comment

• Gase doesn't have much coaching experience even as a coordinator or assistant! He's just too young and too green, I think, which was one of the issues with McDipstick. So I really hope this rumor isn't true!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• The person that just suggested Josh McDaniels should be hunted down and torn limb from limb....

I kid but Josh McDaniels is the devil. Wherever he goes, he will fail. Smug jerk.
                  Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

• When Elway was interviewing coaches in 2011, Rick Dennison was in the final group. He hasn't been a HC before, like Kubiak has.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by KamenRdrBronco View Post
                      Dude is 77....no thank you.
                      Dude is 77 but as DC in Pitt. he had like 6 top 3 Defs. He is still one of the best defensive minds in the game.
                      sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                      Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                      PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

• @VicLombardi
                        NEW INFO: Entire Broncos coaching staff let go. Not just John Fox. All assistants gone according to several players.

omg. WOW. Elway better have a plan here.

Comment

• Originally posted by dshawg1 View Post
                          I keep reading Kubiak and get frustrated. He announced he was staying in Baltimore yesterday. It will not be Kubiak. Which IMO, sucks. Kubiak would be a good hire. Firing Fox without a strong plan in place is a big mistake. Fox is not a bad coach people.
                          Aren't you assuming a lot without knowing what Elway has in mind?

How do you know if the plan is strong or not? I will reserve my criticisms or enthusiasm until I hear who is replacing Fox and Co.

Comment

• MileHighReport ‏@MileHighReport 1m1 minute ago

Whoa RT @VicLombardi: NEW INFO: Entire Broncos coaching staff let go. Not just John Fox. All assistants gone according to several players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southern Bronco View Post
                              I think Kubiak could very much be in play. What job would he possibly want more or have more emotional attachment to then the Denver HC job? I suspect the "staying in Baltimore" applied to the openings known at the time...

That said- not sure at all where Elway's headed here. Very interesting...
                              He actually announced he is staying, formally, yesterday. This isn't hesrsay. Go to the Baltimore Sun.
                              Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

• Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                                If Gase is promoted, I think my head will explode. Nothing will change.
                                Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
                                The #49ers are expected to meet with and make a final push for #Broncos OC Adam Gase tonight, source said.

Comment

Working...
                                X