Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by salbon View Post
    Love this decision.
    Fox was a nice guy but constantly getting out-coached during the most important games.
    Some candidates I would love: Kubiak, Shanahan, McDaniels.
    Yes, Josh Mcdaniels.
    I know there are many people who think he ruined our franchise during his stay, but I think he has gained a lot of experience since he left and I don't think the initial evaluation of him as being one of the brightest coaches was wrong.
    He was given too much control over personnel decisions and was lacking seasoning as a leader.
    But I would give him another shot.
    We would need to find a good defensive coordinator to replace JDR because I think he was part of the problem.
    Perhaps we could hire from within.
    I would have loved to hire Rex Ryan for defensive coordinator but he has been snapped up.
    I agree - I think McDaniels proved that he can scheme. He might not be able to coach - that is, he lacks the personnel skills - but he sure can scheme. I'd love McDaniels for OC, but I don't think he has any interest in a lateral move.

Comment

• Originally posted by gerontion View Post
      Thanks, but we don't actually care about your team. Bye now.
      It's going to take someone more senior than you to show me the door.

Back on subject... I hope that report about SF doing a final push for Gase is true.
      "Mike Harden, meet Steve Largent." KA-BOOM!!

Comment

• @VicLombardi
        · 2m 2 minutes ago
        NEW INFO: Entire Broncos coaching staff let go. Not just John Fox. All assistants gone according to several players.

Comment

• Originally posted by one5beast View Post
          @VicLombardi
          NEW INFO: Entire Broncos coaching staff let go. Not just John Fox. All assistants gone according to several players.

omg. WOW. Elway better have a plan here.
          It probably means Elway will hire a HC soon in order to enable him to get good assistants.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Southern Bronco View Post
            I think Kubiak could very much be in play. What job would he possibly want more or have more emotional attachment to then the Denver HC job? I suspect the "staying in Baltimore" applied to the openings known at the time...

That said- not sure at all where Elway's headed here. Very interesting...
            Originally posted by one5beast View Post
            @VicLombardi

omg. WOW. Elway better have a plan here.

Holy Molly! Any thoughts on plan here??? Omg...
            Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

• 49ers pushing for Gase....

But as far as JOHN (too conservative) FOX being Gone, to quote a great man!

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST!!!!
              The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

• All staff Fired

https://twitter.com/MileHighReport?o...w_p=tweetembed

That includes Delrio and Gase

Comment

• wow the rebuild is on now everybody is gone...plus 17 FA's well Elway has big task now..

Comment

• The Entire staff was let go they're saying now WOW

Gotta hand it to John Elway. He's gonna do what ever it takes. This is a business - what can you say

THANK YOU JOHN ELWAY

Gotta do something right? I mean 4 years running and it's not getting better - it got worse
                    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

• Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
                      @VicLombardi
                      · 2m 2 minutes ago
                      This pretty much means Peyton is done as well. He has no interest in a new staff and what new staff wants a Peyton, injury or not, that is clearly in decline.
                      Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

• Mike DeCicco ‏@Mikedecicco 3m3 minutes ago

Elway just called up Reeves to fire him, too

LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by dshawg1 View Post
                          He actually announced he is staying, formally, yesterday. This isn't hesrsay. Go to the Baltimore Sun.
                          Gotcha- but the Broncos job wasn't "officially open" until just a little while ago. Seems to me there's wiggle room there to sort of tee it up as "I wasn't going anywhere- BUT then my dream job opened up...".

Who the hell knows though- and definitely not predicting anything.

Comment

• Elway is PISSED
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
                              wow the rebuild is on now everybody is gone...plus 17 FA's well Elway has big task now..
                              anyone have a list of all their FA's?

Comment

• Woooooooooo! So long, Fox. Go back home to Carolina and be mediocre.

Comment

Working...
                                X