The Denver Broncos Coaching search thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Experience View Post
    Shanny's name has came up as a possible replacement to Kubes in Baltimore also. Dennison will be on the Bronco staff regardless.

review j cole forrests hill drive 2014

Comment

• The more I think about it, the more I'm excited about the idea of a coaching staff involving Kubiak, Shanahan, and Dennison--with Elway running the team in an executive capacity. What could be more "Denver Broncos" than that?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
        I want nothing to do with Marrone. IMO the below coaching staff is what we will have:

HC- Kubiak
        OC- Kyle Shanny
        DC- Vance Joseph

I read that Joseph is viewed as a potential great DC. He is a great teacher and leader of men. I don't know his style of D because he has never been a DC.

I actually really like the potential of this staff.
        I think it's almost a given that Dennison would be OC right? He was his OC in Houston for 4 seasons, he followed him to Baltimore. He's pretty much a package deal.

Originally posted by pepesilvia View Post
        I'm particularly interested in the draft choices he has selected during his tenure in Houston when he started in 2006.

06: Owen Daniels / Eric Winston / DeMeco Ryans / Mario Williams
        07: Jacoby Jones
        08: Duane Brown
        09: cushing / barwin / quin
        10: jackson / tate / mitchell / holliday
        11: watt / reed / yates
        12: Crick / Mercilus / Posey

He's had a pretty decent draft history especially on the defensive side.
        Originally posted by tat2matt View Post
        Don't forget in '09 he signed Arian Foster as an UDFA.

Edited to add: you left out his 2013 draft where he got Hopkins and Swearinger.

Do we really know how much of their drafts were Kubiak and how much was Rick Smith?

And honestly their drafts weren't very good during that stretch if you take out JJ Watt and Mario Williams. In fact Rick Smith has been on the hot seat for a while as Texans GM. You don't go 2-14 unless you've got a huge lack of talent. So for our sake I'm hoping those bad drafts were Smith's fault and not Kubiak's. I know Elway is largely in charge of the draft along with Tom Heckert, but bringing in a head coach with a good knack for identifying talent would only help.

EDIT:

Here's a Texans blog with a breakdown of the drafts during the Kubiak/Smith era. http://www.battleredblog.com/2014/8/...lysis-of-sorts

It's told from the opinion that Rick Smith was largely responsible, but you can partial out responsibility between him and Kubes however you want. But the end result is that their drafts end up looking pretty bad outside of a few outliers
        Last edited by LightningRodBob; 01-16-2015, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Meh, if he's not good enough for any of the other teams to even be considered a candidate for the position, why would we want him?

Comment

• Originally posted by LightningRodBob View Post
            I think it's almost a given that Dennison would be OC right? He was his OC in Houston for 4 seasons, he followed him to Baltimore. He's pretty much a package deal.
            Better than 99% chance. Dennison goes way back with Kubes and Elway and wears the same SB rings.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by LightningRodBob View Post
              But the end result is that their drafts end up looking pretty bad outside of a few outliers
              We're deff gonna disagree on this statement. I thought they had some decent drafts. As opposed to our choices the past couple of seasons.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind Kubes as the HC, ever since they Fired Shanny they got away from the Denver Broncos, with McDummy & Fox. It has been nice winning games and having Manning, but anyone who has been a fan for a while knows what the Broncos are about and over the last few years we have become the Patriots West changed our identity, now good or bad its time to get back to being the Denver Broncos.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                  I would love Dennison, but I read that Kubiak wants Shanny as his OC.
                  I think people forget Kyle Shanahan was Kubiak's OC in Houston for a year before he left to join his Pops in Washington.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                    I think people forget Kyle Shanahan was Kubiak's OC in Houston for a year before he left to join his Pops in Washington.
                    I didn't know that....interesting....
                    Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

• Originally posted by dbjeff View Post
                      Why wouldn't we search? By all accounts, Gary Kubiak isn't looking to jump ship and will likely last until we make a decision. Why not look around and find the best candidate, even if that turns out to be Gary Kubiak? Being prepared and deliberate in this case provides far more benefit than it does risk.
                      Look, if he's agreed to an interview it's already too late for him to back out. The Free agent whisper gets what the free agent whisper wants. He's as good as ours now that we're talking to him.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Is he good at judging talent? I find it kind of surprising he didn't think Sammy Watkins was that good

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          Look, if he's agreed to an interview it's already too late for him to back out. The Free agent whisper gets what the free agent whisper wants. He's as good as ours now that we're talking to him.

lolllll awesome

Comment

• Rumor is he has a HUGE ego. I wonder how he would gel with Elway
                            sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay Rebel View Post
                              Is he good at judging talent? I find it kind of surprising he didn't think Sammy Watkins was that good
                              You know, now that you bring that up I'm questioning my original stance on this possibility. I thought he did well by finally giving the Bills a winning season w/ Orton under center, but even casual College football fans like myself knew Watkins was special. Perhaps Marrone just thought another position had a greater need than WR.

However, with Elway making most of the personnel/draft decisions, maybe it wouldn't matter.

Comment

• From the looks of it I'm expecting

HC: Gary Kubiak
                                OC: Rick Dennison or Kyle Shanahan
                                DC: Vance Joseph

Im fine with this. And whichever one that doesn't become OC will be OC for the Ravens.

Comment

Working...
                                X