The Denver Broncos Coaching search thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
    If Seattle loses does Elway still try to interview Quinn even though he's made it clear that he wants the ATL gig and that ATL wants him?

Would that also be a smack in the face to Kubiak by making him feel like he's Elways 2nd choice?
    I don't think so it would appear that the Broncos have made their decision and it seems like that QB is prepared to accept the job, unless the Broncos are prepared to fully go with Quinn then there's no reason to upset things at this point, if they do interview Quinn and he goes to Atlanta they might miss out on both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      No I'm discrediting the entire Seattle team. The coaching staff (all of them) did a poor job of preparing their team and game planning for this game. I like the fake FG call, and love that the Seattle punter has been more successful throwing the ball today than Wilson.

And I dislike everything about the Seahawks so yes I'm relentless in discrediting that team. I can't wait for them to give the game manager the biggest contract in NFL history.

And yet the defense only gave up one touchdown,so far......
      I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
        And yet the defense only gave up one touchdown,so far......
        They've had at least 5 penalties called against them on defense and have kept drives alive because of that. I'm not blaming Quinn for that, I'm blaming the entire staff, they have looked undisciplined and didn't look ready to play championship football today.

Comment

No I'm discrediting the entire Seattle team. The coaching staff (all of them) did a poor job of preparing their team and game planning for this game. I like the fake FG call, and love that the Seattle punter has been more successful throwing the ball today than Wilson.

And I dislike everything about the Seahawks so yes I'm relentless in discrediting that team. I can't wait for them to give the game manager the biggest contract in NFL history.
          No team or staff is going to be perfect every game, even a good one (hate em or not) like Seattle's. And let's not take anything away from GB's staff and their excellent plan for dealing with Wilson and their players stepping up and making some incredible plays!

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
            No team or staff is going to be perfect every game, even a good one (hate em or not) like Seattle's. And let's not take anything away from GB's staff and their excellent plan for dealing with Wilson and their players stepping up and making some incredible plays!
            As a Notre Dame fan who watched Pete Carroll destroy my Irish every year and then have him destroy my Broncos in the Super Bowl I have no love for Seattle. This is giving me great pleasure watching them get destroyed at home.

Comment

• I don't really think Quinn is Elway's first choice...I think Kubiak is. But Elway may want to interview Quinn just in case because you never know what you'll learn about someone when you interview them.

But it sounds to me like Gary Kubiak is all but our next coach. Elway isn't going to lead him on like this and then leave him hanging.

Kubiak is the next coach and hopefully Vance Joseph is hired as the defensive coordinator. Welcome to Denver, Gary!

And, just an important note: IF Peyton Manning returns, he needs to yield control of the game to Gary Kubiak. Peyton is an amazing player and a very smart QB, but with that said, when he gets too much control of the game, it can go bad. John Fox was too yielding to Manning. Manning is not the coach; he's the quarterback. When Gary comes in, he needs to be demanding and unyielding. HE needs to keep control of the game and Peyton Manning just needs to do his job.

Comment

They've had at least 5 penalties called against them on defense and have kept drives alive because of that. I'm not blaming Quinn for that, I'm blaming the entire staff, they have looked undisciplined and didn't look ready to play championship football today.
                About that...
                Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

• This is what Elway meant when he said he wanted the team Kicking and Screaming

Comment

The Seahawks have some balls. They don't quit. And Russell Wilson is clutch. He played like a champion. My hat is off to them

Comment

• Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                      This is what Elway meant when he said he wanted the team Kicking and Screaming
                      Yep.........

Comment

• What impressed me about Quinn and Sea today was the last GB drive every single Bronco DC in recent history would have rushed 3-4 and played safe coverage.

Quinn brought 5 (or more) rushers every play knowing you have to get pressure on the good QBs. They held GB to a very long FG attempt.

Wish we had those kind of balls on our team
                        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                          This is what Elway meant when he said he wanted the team Kicking and Screaming
                          Yep, it's ironic too because Seattle was in pretty much the exact same position as Denver last week - down 2 scores with a few minutes left to play. One team went down kicking, screaming, clawing, punching, fighting and battling to the very end and did everything they could to snatch the W away from GB. The other team looked they had already given up, had players casually jogging to the line, and pretty much went out shrugging and yawning. Everything Elway has done feels justified after watching what I just witnessed today, and I bet he agrees.
                          The Magic Is Back! IN ELWAY WE TRUST!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
                            The Seahawks have some balls. They don't quit. And Russell Wilson is clutch. He played like a champion. My hat is off to them
                            No Wilson did not play like a champion today, he benefitted because GB lost the game. Green Bay lost today more than Seattle won.

Comment

• Yeah...and to add to this about Seattle today...

Russell Wilson has a far better attitude and demeanor than Peyton Manning. Seattle was down 2 scores with just a few minutes left...it was looking just about done for them. Wilson was walking all down the sideline getting in his teammates' faces and energizing them, encouraging them, pumping them up.

During the Colts game, Peyton sat on the bench with that same look on his face and his head hanging. I saw absolutely no effort to connect with his teammates and get people fired up about coming back.

It was sad and very disappointing. And as much as I thank Peyton for everything he's brought us the past three years, if he's going to bring THAT demeanor back next year, he can stay away...I DON'T want him back.

Comment

No Wilson did not play like a champion today, he benefitted because GB lost the game. Green Bay lost today more than Seattle won.
                                But the difference is that he didn't give up even though he played bad for the first 55 minutes of the game. That's what allowed them to come back and win. The way he got his team energized and pumped up and focused in those final 5 minutes...that is the sign of a true champion.

Peyton Manning gave up last week. He sat on the bench with his head hanging, dejected. It was terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X