Kubiak will interview with Broncos this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Actually I think we are a good fit for him and I see a lot of similarities between our future team and the Ravens. We have a solid RB in Anderson right now and I see a bit of Flacco in Oz. Somewhat mobile QB with a big arm. Obviously Oz isn't at Flaccos level it is just a comparison I think that fits the best to current QBs out there.

I believe we have better Wideouts but they have the better offensive line so if we can get the built up this off season than we can have a perfect offense for the future that would fit for him, and really wouldn't be much of a change from where he is now.

The Defense is built so hopefully we get a good DC that will take advantage of the players we have regardless of the scheme. I believe we could run either since we have a good mix of players but it would depend on getting a solid NT to go to the 3-4 since I believe we will lose pot roast.
    if you are speaking of J Locker,

based on the 10,000k post you have ill give you the benefit of doubt in regards to locker,

now to help understand why not jake

this guy, is decent ok, when he is NOT injured,

ive seen a lot of the broncos fan base, rip manning or whoever else to shreds

this locker guy is a running qb , with mobility awesome, but dang, the IQ level, make runs taking hits, tearing an achilles, playing injured

and throwing what 4-6 ints after going on a 4-0 start

in my humble opinion

i guess id rather take a QB with higher IQ than risking every play to possibly get injured, and i know the risk is present regardless

i wouldnt mind bringing him on board to give OZ some competition and see who comes out on top though
    Last edited by Manning2BayBay; 01-16-2015, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Manning2BayBay View Post
      lmao funniest armchair GM ive heard

retire manning and go into a season with no QB certainty?

how is elway suppose to win the bowl with locker? seriously, haha wow,
      Ok maybe not Locker but ya'll act like Manning has 5-10 years left. He's done and minus having a 99/2000 Ravens type of defense we ain't winning with whatever you think is left of Manning next year anyway so it's time to move on.

Comment

based on the 10,000k post you have ill give you the benefit of doubt in regards to locker,

this locker guy is a running qb , with mobility awesome, but dang, the IQ level, make runs taking hits, tearing an achilles, playing injured

in my humble opinion
        Not once did he mention Locker anywhere in his post... He's talking about Kubiak, you know, the guy the thread is about?

Comment

i wouldnt mind bringing him on board to give OZ some competition and see who comes out on top though

That's all I meant...people saw "Jake Locker" and turned a blind's eye and stopped reading the remainder of my sentence. I said bring him in and have an open 3-way competition between him, Oz & Dysert.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
            My wish list

HC - Gary Kubiak
            OC - Rick Dennison
            OL Coach - Alex Gibbs
            DC - Vic Fangio

Manning retires

Trade 4th or 5th round pick to Tenn. for QB Locker and have an open 3-way QB competition (Oz, Dysert, Locker) for the starting job.
            Locker is a free agent so no trade required. Having said that, no thanks. I'd rather offer Philly a 4th for Nick Foles

Comment

in my humble opinion

i guess id rather take a QB with higher IQ than risking every play to possibly get injured, and i know the risk is present regardless

I never mentioned Jake and I wouldn't trade for him either. I don't think we need him. I said I think Osweiller is more in the mold of Flacco the current Raven's QB. The team Kubiak is currently running.

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

I understand that Kubiak is familiar with the organization,but why is everyone sold on him...especially what happened in Houston...
                I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                  I understand that Kubiak is familiar with the organization,but why is everyone sold on him...especially what happened in Houston...
                  Actually, Kubiak was successful there with less. Matt Schaub showed his true colors in the end. He was a head case. Kubiak has SOOOOO much more to work with here. He has 2 proven receivers, a third (Latimer) that I think will be DT 2.0 next year. He has a running back that showed what he can really do against the Colts (CJ was our offense). He has a complete defense that just needs some tweeks.

The 2015 Broncos are shaping up to be a scary version. It all hinges on who comes in as the DC. That's the key. The offense will be insane because Kubiak knows what he's doing there. But the DC has to take this defense to the next level. They are good, very good actually, but flawed. The flaws I don't believe hinge so much on personnel as it does in schemes.

This is going to be a fun few days!!!

Comment

If Kubiak does get hired I'm for sure drafting CJ Anderson in fantasy next year.

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                      If Kubiak does get hired I'm for sure drafting CJ Anderson in fantasy next year.
                      Haha, I've been thinking the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by spcdlee02 View Post
                        Actually, Kubiak was successful there with less. Matt Schaub showed his true colors in the end. He was a head case. Kubiak has SOOOOO much more to work with here. He has 2 proven receivers, a third (Latimer) that I think will be DT 2.0 next year. He has a running back that showed what he can really do against the Colts (CJ was our offense). He has a complete defense that just needs some tweeks.

The 2015 Broncos are shaping up to be a scary version. It all hinges on who comes in as the DC. That's the key. The offense will be insane because Kubiak knows what he's doing there. But the DC has to take this defense to the next level. They are good, very good actually, but flawed. The flaws I don't believe hinge so much on personnel as it does in schemes.

This is going to be a fun few days!!!
                        I think getting Kubiak would make keeping DT and maybe JT a lot easier. Those guys know what Andre Johnson did in a Kubiak offense. Well, when AJ was healthy...

Comment

What do we do with Gase? He is Peyton's buddy?

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                            If Matt Schaub can run it...Manning can. Flacco isn't exactly Mr. Mobility either.......
                            I don't think it's a case of mobility, but is one of playcalling. WCO is very specific without much latitude for change at LOS. The issue is how well would Manning do within that system.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                              Ok maybe not Locker but ya'll act like Manning has 5-10 years left. He's done and minus having a 99/2000 Ravens type of defense we ain't winning with whatever you think is left of Manning next year anyway so it's time to move on.
                              Lockers too injury prone dude.

I'm ok with Peyton retiring. Oz has 1 year left. We have to see what we have in our 2nd round pick. Let Dysert compete with him and these are the only 2 FA's I'd look at.

Nick Foles / Sanchez

Foles was a Denver fan growing up anyways

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                                I don't think it's a case of mobility, but is one of playcalling. WCO is very specific without much latitude for change at LOS. The issue is how well would Manning do within that system.
                                Here's what we need to keep in mind...

Elway WANTS Manning back. Elway stated POINT-BLANK Manning will have a say in who is the next head coach.

You have to believe if the Broncos hire Kubiak, it's on the basis that a) Manning is fine with Kubiak; and b) Kubiak is fine with Manning.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X