Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gary Kubiak To Become New Broncos Head Coach!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The #Broncos have officially announced Gary Kubiak as their head coach

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos
    #Broncos have agreed to terms with Gary Kubiak, making him 15th coach in team history.

Comment

• Originally posted by mray View Post
      The day Fox got fired I told my son Kubiak would be our new HC...

Here are the next powerball winning numbers:

6, 11, 34, 47, 52 = Powerball: 8
      This is awesome hahaha

Comment

• I'm sorry, but I think I stopped reading the OP when you compared J. Thomas to Shannon Sharpe. Julius is a turd.

Comment

• Originally posted by maggnus View Post
          The #Broncos have officially announced Gary Kubiak as their head coach

Denver Broncos ‏@Broncos
          #Broncos have agreed to terms with Gary Kubiak, making him 15th coach in team history.

I am very happy Kubiak is our coach

Did not like the way his playing QB career ended (and Steve Sewell for that matter) and really happy he gets a chance to write a better story as HC
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            HoF coach example...imo this proves my point even further

If you want another example Gibbs is probably up there as well winning a Super Bowl with three different QBs iirc.

Both are considered great coaches and that is where we have to go to find a coach who compares.

Like I said I do not think Shanahan is a "terrible" coach. Just like McD I would just keep him away from the final decisions on players acquisition. Still think it is ironic the guy we replaced Shanahan with is probably even worse at the things Shanahan was bad at...plus he had even more issues.

While I agree with this in one way I do not think most people who say this understand that the same stuff they see as bad in the 2000s are the same things that won a Super Bowl in the 90s. I think the difference is besides Neal Smith I do not think he was paying free agents big time money in the 90s and allot of his failures in the 2000s were big money free agents.
            Hey! You asked. I answered. Don't shoot the messenger.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• We need Schwartz!

Need some fire and passion and he has it

Comment

• Originally posted by mray View Post
                The day Fox got fired I told my son Kubiak would be our new HC...

Here are the next powerball winning numbers:

6, 11, 34, 47, 52 = Powerball: 8
                When I win, I got you!
                sigpic

Comment

• Vic Fangio. Experienced . Bring Patrick Willis with him (FA).

Comment

• Originally posted by 24TheCHAMP24 View Post
                    obviously a decent chance vance johnson comes as defensive coordinator
                    I think you mean Vance Joseph... unless you're also looking to bring on Mark Jackson and Ricky Nattiel?

"This is a terrible thread and I've negged the OP." -CoryWinget81
                    "If the ACL is torn ... Von will in fact miss next year as well." -PFM2013

Comment

• @ChicagoBears: New #Bears STC Jeff Rodgers served in same role under HC John Fox w/ Panthers in 2010 and past four seasons with Broncos.

@mikecwright: I'm told Broncos blocked Bears from speaking with WR coach Tyke Tolbert, presumably for same position in Chi.

We blocked them from Tolbert but not from Jeff Rodgers. Thank God. ST was awful.

Comment

• Manning-Kibiak

A few points here, let's see what you guys think.

1. I feel like the problem with Manning running a Kubiak offense is not mobility. The guy can avoid a sack, move inside the pocket, move along a moving pocket, even run a bootleg (sort of). The problem to me is, if he is asked to throw on the run, then we are in trouble, yes the guys is practically a statue, but he can adapt, he is not being asked to be Cam Newton, again, throwing in the run, that's a whole different story. I know Matt Schaub wasn't really a super fast guy (neither was his arm all that impressive).

2. A great coach, a really great coach, adapts to his players. Yes, he should have a preferred scheme, and yes, his tendencies should point to it, but your obligation is to get the most out of your players, so, to me, all this talk about Manning and the new scheme, has no validity, that's like: "we didn't draft Von Miller cause we run a 4-3 and he isn't really a DE... Or Watt, cause we run a 4-3. That's why successful teams draft BPA, adapt, do whatever necessary to put the best players on the field and get the best out of them.

3. Manning ran a zone blocking scheme (granted, not a West Coast) all his life in Indianapolis, I distinctly remember running the stretch play a lot, and I mean a lot, and then playaction, he didn't really roll out, but you don't necessarily have to...

4. Kubiak and everyone on that offensive coaching staff, must tell Manning: it doesn't matter of you are slow, if you don't have an open receiver, yet all you can see is green in front of you, YOU GOTTA RUN from time to time, getting those 3-5 yards can be the difference between 3rd or 4th and long or medium, or 3rd and 4th and 1-3. That really annoys me.

Do you hate my "long - enumerating points - pro Manning" posts? Lol

Comment

• I've been excited for this hire, but I have several friends who are Texan fans who came to me and let's just say they didn't have nice things on their mind about our new coach. One even said Kubiak will set us back. I personally thought he did excellent in Houston. They were a nobody team and he made them formidable. They just lacked a special QB.

Comment

• I sure hope we found a coach that knows how to adjust... That would stink if he only knows how to run only one type of offense... If that's the case every defense out there will figure him out quick

Comment

• Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
                              I bet more of his assistants will be coming if there not employed elsewhere...I'd like see Alex Gibbs come back for OL coach...been rumored Vance Joseph will be DC
                              I think Gibbs has burned all of his Denver bridges and is not on good terms with the team. Wouldn't totally rule it out, but I think it is unlikely. Keep in mind he was let go after his brief stint as a consultant in 2013.

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
                              We need Schwartz!

Need some fire and passion and he has it
                              I would be wary of Schwartz. Sure Buffalo looked tremendous on defense for much of the year so he undoubtedly deserves some credit for that. However, his defenses struggled greatly in Detroit and Teryl Austin was able to turn Detroit into a top 5 defense with the same talent Schwartz had there. Maybe he was just in over his head as a head coach, but I wouldn't be thrilled with him as a defensive coordinator.

Comment

• The best thing Manning could do for his new coach and the new offense (if there is one) is to hire a speed and agility coach. This is probably something he doesn't put a lot of time and effort into. And that would help Kubiak the most.

Comment

Working...
                                X