Gase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gase

So it just shows how much the broncos and other teams in the nfl think of adam gase. Both jacksonville and baltimore interviewd him for oc job and both teams decided to go another direction. Jacksonville hired olson raiders ex oc and baltimore hired trestman!

Originally posted by dbroncos324 View Post
    So it just shows how much the broncos and other teams in the nfl think of adam gase. Both jacksonville and baltimore interviewd him for oc job and both teams decided to go another direction. Jacksonville hired olson raiders ex oc and baltimore hired trestman!
    I'm guessing it's because he answered every question by starting out with "Peyton told me....."
    Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

It's tough for a guy like Gase when all of his success as an OC has been tied to Manning.
      sigpic

Comment

I guess teams wised up and realized he had no clue what he was doing.
        sigpic

Comment

Whoops I didnt see this one when I bumped the old thread to say the same thing.

Ravens hired Trestman and the Jags are going with Greg Olson, leaving Gase with no opportunities to be an OC.

But if Manning returns, maybe he could go back to being our QB's coach?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

I feel bad for Gase. He seemed to care about his job more than Fox and Del Rio. Del Rio only got his job because the Raiders are idiots. Their GM can barely speak, the owner does not know football and was advised by a jurassic John Madden. They just sacrificed 1 year of Carr's development under Greg Olson to hire Bill musgrave a.k.a. QB Killer. If Gase does not get an OC job, he will probably take a step back and coach QBs next season.
            sigpic

Comment

More than likely teams were put off by the loss to the Colts, but not terribly so (hence, still the interview). However, as many of us have experienced ourselves, a big interview question is to explain what you've learned from a mistake and how you would have done things differently.

Chances are that Gase couldn't answer that question, whether in reference to the loss to Seattle in the SB or to the Colts last weekend. I imagine if he had an answer, he would've made the adjustments in game.

Comment

Gase not getting OC jobs is not all that surprising really. It makes sense. Teams don't want to hire a guy they know, in all likelihood, will only be there for a year before he is a HC. It isn't conducive to long term winning. Gase was respectful but mistaken in listening to Elway. Elway kept Gase as a last ditch should he not be able to obtain Kubiak. Gase should have done what was best for Gase and that was TAKE the S.F. job.

Comment

Who says he was offered the SF job? I didn't see that anywhere. Gase is not HC material yet. His stats are pumped up by two great years by Peyton. His play calling in the big games has been suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                    Gase not getting OC jobs is not all that surprising really. It makes sense. Teams don't want to hire a guy they know, in all likelihood, will only be there for a year before he is a HC. It isn't conducive to long term winning. Gase was respectful but mistaken in listening to Elway. Elway kept Gase as a last ditch should he not be able to obtain Kubiak. Gase should have done what was best for Gase and that was TAKE the S.F. job.
                    Bingo! That's the problem now with Gase is they don't want to put him in as OC if they know he might be there only a year.

Comment

"Gase, the Broncos' offensive coordinator, had a mixed day Wednesday. After interviewing for a second time with the 49ers on Tuesday, Gase and San Francisco defensive line coach Jim Tomsula became the two finalists. Tomsula was the choice to succeed Jim Harbaugh as the 49ers' new coach. However, Gase, the Broncos' offensive coordinator, spent Wednesday morning talking with general manager John Elway about Denver's head coaching position.

Gase declined comment Wednesday but acknowledged he received phone calls from San Francisco owner Jed York and general manager Trent Baalke notifying him of their decision."- Denver Post

Doesn't sound like it was his decision. If SF wanted him, and Tomsula was the only other finalist, they would have waited. Then again, Man-Child York has put on an historic display of incompetence over the past year.
                      sigpic

"Sauced."- Broshown Broenbro

Comment

Originally posted by NachoJuice View Post
                        Who says he was offered the SF job? I didn't see that anywhere. Gase is not HC material yet. His stats are pumped up by two great years by Peyton. His play calling in the big games has been suspect.
                        It has been talked about quite a bit on ESPN Radio and the Fan in Denver. Also, I tend to see your sentiment on a lot of the Bronco pages. People like to have it such that when the Broncos do well it is because of Petyton and when they do poor it is on the coaches. You can't have it both ways!

Manning said he checks out of about 20% of the plays. Seems to me if you feel this team has done as well as it has, then Gase is good 80% of the time or more. After all, Manning did state that it was he who continued to check out of the play called in favor of the long passes in the Colts game.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                          I feel bad for Gase. He seemed to care about his job more than Fox and Del Rio. Del Rio only got his job because the Raiders are idiots. Their GM can barely speak, the owner does not know football and was advised by a jurassic John Madden. They just sacrificed 1 year of Carr's development under Greg Olson to hire Bill musgrave a.k.a. QB Killer. If Gase does not get an OC job, he will probably take a step back and coach QBs next season.
                          I feel bad for him too. I know most don't like him here but he was capable of creative and intelligent play calling. The big issue however, was his inability to change things up and adjust when that play calling was ineffective to the other teams' defense. He's definetly not ready to be a HC, and I don't think he was quite ready to be promoted to OC in the first place, but McCoy leaving kinda put the job in his lap. Maybe with some more experience he will be better, but will be interesting to see where he ends up.
                          sigpic

Comment

Did anyone see the presser for when Tomsula was announced as the HC for SF ? Well, if they chose him over Gase, that says a lot....although maybe that guy Tomsula coaches better than his personality or public speaking is....man that was rough.

Comment

Sorry but I disagree with a lot of you all. People kept saying what a hot comodity he was, but I said I thought he was out of here and I wouldnt be surprised if he ended up with no HC or Coordinator position. If teams didn't want to consider hiring him to begin with cause short term or whatever, he wouldn't have gotten interviews. The numbers alone for this offesnse got him noticed, but he had a lot of interviews and no bites. My guess is he didn't do well on some of the questions. Nice guy I hope he lands somewhere, learns alot and becomes one of the best. Maybe even back here later. But for now, still say he was over his head and I"m guessing it showed in interviews.
                              Last edited by FL BRONCO; 01-20-2015, 02:03 PM.
                              My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                              X