Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe DeCamillis joining Broncos staff as special teams coordinator

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    The DVD is available on Netflix...I've watched it.
    I'll have to look, Canadian Netflix isn't quite as good as the US counterpart (many Canadians get illegal IP addresses to connect to the US version) so hopefully they'll have it.

    Comment


    • #47
      It pays to have friends in the NFL because DeCamillis didn't get this job based on coaching ability. The lack of talent in Chicago didn't help, but I've never seen a special teams unit so consistently unprepared and undisciplined.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Da Swerski View Post
        It pays to have friends in the NFL because DeCamillis didn't get this job based on coaching ability. The lack of talent in Chicago didn't help, but I've never seen a special teams unit so consistently unprepared and undisciplined.
        You haven't seen Denver's units the past couple of years then, enjoy Rodgers! BTW I think you could take out the special teams part of that and substitute in the entire Chicago team.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          You haven't seen Denver's units the past couple of years then, enjoy Rodgers! BTW I think you could take out the special teams part of that and substitute in the entire Chicago team.
          Yea, and John Fox is supposed to be a 180 degree turn from all the lack of discipline and unpreparedness, right. More like a 360 degree turn. Just what Jay Cutler needs- a "yes" man buddy of a coach.

          That being said, I don't have too much confidence in the new ST coach. Dan Hampton ripped him a new one on WGN radio calling him "JoJo the Circus Clown" due to the pathetic special teams in Chicago. I wish the Broncos would have brought in someone else.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by OrangeCrushem View Post
            Yea, and John Fox is supposed to be a 180 degree turn from all the lack of discipline and unpreparedness, right. More like a 360 degree turn. Just what Jay Cutler needs- a "yes" man buddy of a coach.

            That being said, I don't have too much confidence in the new ST coach. Dan Hampton ripped him a new one on WGN radio calling him "JoJo the Circus Clown" due to the pathetic special teams in Chicago. I wish the Broncos would have brought in someone else.
            Generally people only talk about special teams coaches when things go bad, if a team gives up a return TD it's the STC's fault, not the players. When you have a return for touchdown it's the returner and when you run a successful fake it was the HC who made a great call. It's really a thankless job.

            All of these things can be true and they can also be false. If the Broncos get a better punter (one who can kickoff as well) and a punt returner who can get 10 yards per return their specials will be just fine.

            Comment


            • #51
              People seem to want to think this guy isn't that bad.

              Under Dave Toub (the Bears previous ST coach) they were ranked: 1, 1, 5, 4, 1, 1, 6

              This guy dropped them to 11th then 25th.

              Getting the difference now?

              Hampton is right: Abandon All Hope.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                You haven't seen Denver's units the past couple of years then, enjoy Rodgers! BTW I think you could take out the special teams part of that and substitute in the entire Chicago team.
                I don't expect to enjoy Rodgers at all. He's easily the worst of the coordinators the Bears have added. DeCamillis is the worst special teams coach I've ever seen. It probably stings more because the Bears had him after Toub who was amazing, but the Broncos would have been better off with anybody else.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Da Swerski View Post
                  I don't expect to enjoy Rodgers at all. He's easily the worst of the coordinators the Bears have added. DeCamillis is the worst special teams coach I've ever seen. It probably stings more because the Bears had him after Toub who was amazing, but the Broncos would have been better off with anybody else.
                  No doubt the Bears struggled on Specials this year (they were ranked 11th in 2013) and part of it is probably on the change from Toub to DeCamillias but one thing not to be overlooked is that the Bears went from a coach who produced solid defences and emphasized defense (tackling etc.) to a guy who was an offensive coach and it didn't seem like the Bears emphasized defense nearly as much, they also struggled running the ball.

                  When a defense works on proper tackling, taking proper angles, doing the little things, it helps special teams, when an offense practices running the ball with a fullback and tight ends (who are usually big on specials) it helps the special teams return units.

                  I'm not absolving DeCamilis from all of the blame by any means, but the things that the Bears didn't do well in the other phases are things that naturally help the special teams units.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by JohnShaft View Post
                    People seem to want to think this guy isn't that bad.

                    Under Dave Toub (the Bears previous ST coach) they were ranked: 1, 1, 5, 4, 1, 1, 6

                    This guy dropped them to 11th then 25th.

                    Getting the difference now?

                    Hampton is right: Abandon All Hope.
                    I'm sure upset about this hire, but hope he surprises us! Although, I'm not optimistic. Every unit must be sharp to have a shot at the Superbowl.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X