Official: Wade Phillips is the new defensive coordinator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Top qbs tend to torch defenses regardless of the dc. Wade will have a better defense than he's ever had.
    Rodgers struggled mightily vs the top defenses this year: Seattle (twice), Detroit, Buffalo. Rex Ryan routinely designs great, creative gameplans vs the best QBs. Belichick also designs great gameplans on defense to take away the opposing team's best playmakers.

Some coaches have defenses that are good enough vs most teams but too simple and predictable vs the best QBs. We just got rid of one, and I fear that we're bringing in another.
    Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

@McClain_on_NFL

Texans DL coach Bill Kollar headed to Broncos. Being reunited with Gary Kubiak.

Bill Kollar wants 2 B close to 2 grandsons who live in Denver. O'Brien allowed him to leave for a lateral job with Gary Kubiak.

Bill Kollar is a great D line coach. He's played a key role in JJ Watt's development. Classy move for O'Brien to let him go.

Kollar "It's difficult to leave (Texans), but I appreciate OB (O'Brien) letting me do this. I've got 2 grandkids in Denver I can see."

Kollar "I had a great experience with the Texans, working with Gary (Kubiak) and OB this season. I'm excited to work with Gary again."
      @Jeff_Legwold
      Kollar an enormous get for Kubiak ... Considered an elite coach by his peers ... His presence will help all of #Broncos D linemen...

Comment

What type of defense does Wade usually run? 3-4 or 4-3 and is he a man that blitzes a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
          What type of defense does Wade usually run? 3-4 or 4-3 and is he a man that blitzes a lot
          3-4 and yes

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
            @McClain_on_NFL

@Jeff_Legwold

Awesome. If he's as elite as they say, I'm loving this and can't wait to see what he can do with our line.

Comment

Everyone is reporting that they would be surprised if Joseph is coaching for Bengals next season. Apparently really upset about not getting promotion. Sounds like Broncos are still very interested in Joseph they seem to be holding out for him.

Comment

Don't like it one bit Wade Phillips comes nothing close to "kicking and screaming" type of attitude
                Proud Member of: Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #35

Comment

1 gap 3-4 (similar to a traditional 4-3 in that it's a gap elimination style defense) Denver has been running a 4-3 defense that shared many similarities to an old school 2 gapping 3-4 defense. So the front would change (only in alignment since the Broncos walked their Sam backer (Miller) up the majority of times any way) but it would actually play more like a classic 40 defense.

And yes he's known for blitzing. In San Diego he also played a cover 2 shell behind the front the majority of the time, but 'm not sure if he ran zone or man in Dallas and Houston as I didn't pay that much attention.

Comment

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?story...e.com%2F%22%7D

Looking like it's going to be wade Phillips

Comment

3-4. He often brings 5 man rush on pass downs. Under Wade we can expect to see more sacks, and turnovers. We can also expect to see a few more big plays made against us.
                      sigpic

Comment

What about rush defense? Will we still be an inpenetrable wall? Or will we be more susceptible to runs of 5 yds+?

Comment

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
                          What about rush defense? Will we still be an inpenetrable wall? Or will we be more susceptible to runs of 5 yds+?
                          we gave up 3.7 YPC average Houston gave up 4.0

Comment

The Doug Flutie curse follows Wade Phillips

The Tim Tebow curse follows the Broncos

Are we in for a double whammy or does two negatives make a positive?

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler4tw View Post
                              Don't like it one bit Wade Phillips comes nothing close to "kicking and screaming" type of attitude
                              You can say that again, nothing like the wincing face, I'm in pain look from Wade Phillips on the side line. We all know and remember what that looks like. 3-4 defense, Demarcus Ware shifting to outside linebacker? SMH Get ready for more of that painful look from the sidelines from the old Wade Phillips. I'm a fan of going back to our roots with the hire of Kubes, Dennison, etc but give me a break. Wade Phillips... Not good.....
                              http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                Good lord if we had

HC Kubiak
                                OC Dennison
                                DC Wade

With all this talent...Manning or no Manning we won't miss a step IMO.
                                Good lineup indeed.
                                Bronco Fan from DC (previously Baltimore)

Comment

Working...
                                X