• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by weefishy View Post
    Wade...

He rocked it last time he was our DC.
    Getting spanked in the Super Bowl 55-10 isn't rocking it lol

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaBengal View Post
      Hello everyone. I am a Bengals fan obviously and wanted to weigh in on Vance Joseph decision. It blows to not get your top guy but this really happens a lot. Vance is actually paid in the DC range and is considered a highly valuable commodity on the staff. And the DC in waiting, (I know this doesn't sound any better for Denver). Teams block all the time. The only reason they got to interview Vance was it was for the head coaching job. Which is sounding like it was really a DC interview which they would never have gotten without giving a sham HC interview.

Lewis addresses this today from the Senior Bowl.

As for this writer who basically calls out owner and coach a racist for not letting him be offerred a job with you guys. I get he is a Broncos homer, but calling out that he is being held back because he is black is ridiculous.
      He was blocked because he is highly valuable, paid as a DC, and is extremely wanted by the team.

And btw marvin was blocked by ROoney and Cowher to be tampa's DC.
      https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/sta...48902520508416

Good luck filling out your staff and for the offseason. I am sure we will be playing again next year. Take care Bronoco fans. And God Bless
      Good post but you're wasting your time here. Most of this board doesn't understand this happens all the time

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoraider View Post
        Was he writing about how slimy it was for the Broncos to do the exact same thing a few years ago when Dennis Allen wanted Richard Smith as his coordinator and the Broncos denied permission?

this is common practice in the Nfl
        The Broncos also kept Bobby Turner for a year after he tried to leave. Steelers have blocked teams from hiring Kevin Butler for several years now. It's unfortunate but it does seem to be part of the business and I'm sure coaches like the security of having multi year contracts so it's tough to fault teams for wanting them to honour them, even in cases like this.

BTW Raider: Are you waiting on pins and needles to see who the Broncos new DC is? Whoever it is, he's 2 years away from being the Raiders HC!

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          The Broncos also kept Bobby Turner for a year after he tried to leave. Steelers have blocked teams from hiring Kevin Butler for several years now. It's unfortunate but it does seem to be part of the business and I'm sure coaches like the security of having multi year contracts so it's tough to fault teams for wanting them to honour them, even in cases like this.

BTW Raider: Are you waiting on pins and needles to see who the Broncos new DC is? Whoever it is, he's 2 years away from being the Raiders HC!
          Lol. Why do you think I'm following this thread and pulling for Joseph instead of wade Phillips?

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

I could be wrong but I believe that was during McDestruction's reign so I'd put the blocking of Turner on him and not the organization that mistakenly hired him. Everybody (players & coaches) worth anything wanted out once they saw the havoc McWannaBe was bringing to the table. Although I don't know why McCancer kept Turner an extra year considering he was anti-Shanahan's guys (players & coaches) and took a hatchet to our ZBS.

Comment

Lol. Why do you think I'm following this thread and pulling for Joseph instead of wade Phillips?
              Best reply in this thread!

well played

GB2

Comment

Originally posted by soloking View Post
                Go get Schwartz or Wade!
                Wade, sure. Schwartz, hmmm - imo he comes across as rather overconfident. Maybe that's good, but I don't see him and Kubiak interrelating well.

Comment

Originally posted by CTM View Post
                  Man, I heard really good things about Joseph, ah well.

I really want an outside hire, it'd be good to get a truly fresh start, who else is out there?
                  Except for his complete lack of experience as a DC.

We don't have time to train a newbie, and I can't figure out why he's even on the table here.

Wade!!!!!

Comment

You and Chicago.

Have fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by coloradoraider View Post
                      Alright, that's funny!

Comment

• Originally posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
                        Getting spanked in the Super Bowl 55-10 isn't rocking it lol
                        Who can we bring is, that is available, that has never lost a football game?

Comment

• Originally posted by weefishy View Post
                          Except for his complete lack of experience as a DC.

We don't have time to train a newbie, and I can't figure out why he's even on the table here.

Wade!!!!!
                          Teryl Austin hadn't been an NFL DC before 2014 either. Joseph has been a coach under Phillips, Singletary, Nolan, Manusky, Marvin Lewis etc. he's coached under some very good defensive minds, I wouldn't write him off due to lack of actually being a DC before. My only question would be if he knows the front 7 as well as he knows the backend? He's a longtime DB coach so I have no doubt he'll know coverages, and if he's been grooming to be a DC then he should be learning the fronts, stunts and twists, blitzes, that he'll need to run a defense. Having a great DL coach would certainly help with that.

Comment

Working...
                          X