What a conundrum for people....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonray View Post
    That may be true but he is in a pickle because Peyton gives the best chance to get to the Bowl. Brock is unlikely to do that and any available free agents are unlikely to do that. Once you get to the bowl, great defense and good coaching can win even with a mediocre QB performance.

So Elway is likely exercising his best option at the moment.
    Peyton Manning almost guarantees 10 wins and a playoff birth. It is a fun regular season and as a Broncos fan I must admit I enjoy beating up on the weaker teams of the league. Having Manning around keeps Denver in the spotlight as a marquee team playing in the prime time TV games. The NFL is about making money more than anything else and that's why Manning will return for another season. While people can use the argument that once you reach the playoffs anything can happen, I think that Manning is too one dimensional and thus good teams with good players and coaches can scheme for that. The evidence is almost overwhelming.

Comment

You guys are kind of stuck now. The mistake was made by Elway in 2012. You got a fast aging qb that lacks the arm, legs, physicality and leadership ability to win the postseason for a $20 million pricetag. If you did not do that and you drafted right, you'd be going into year 4 with a young talented and experienced qb. Which means you could've kept your young talented roster for many years to come. It was a big gamble by Elway to do that if he has to win the big one now. Because when plan A is exhausted, you're starting over. And it won't be pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Mora View Post
        You guys are kind of stuck now. The mistake was made by Elway in 2012. You got a fast aging qb that lacks the arm, legs, physicality and leadership ability to win the postseason for a $20 million pricetag. If you did not do that and you drafted right, you'd be going into year 4 with a young talented and experienced qb. Which means you could've kept your young talented roster for many years to come. It was a big gamble by Elway to do that if he has to win the big one now. Because when plan A is exhausted, you're starting over. And it won't be pretty.
        I don't think there's one positive thing you've ever posted about Manning. Extremely biased in my opinion. It was either him or Tebow. Not only has Manning won us more games, he's also been instrumental in developing DT and JT. Elway didn't make a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Bterres105 View Post
          I don't think there's one positive thing you've ever posted about Manning. Extremely biased in my opinion. It was either him or Tebow. Not only has Manning won us more games, he's also been instrumental in developing DT and JT. Elway didn't make a mistake.
          It did not have to be Tebow. You could've drafted Russel Wilson or Brock to compete with Tebow. Nobody truly knew but you guys may have gotten a SB already with Wilson. If not, you're right there in the mix with a young clutch qb the doesn't fold.

Comment

Ugh. Not the "you could've drafted Wilson" argument again. You already posted that somewhere else. Either way, the team as a whole benefited from Manning. The best wide receivers coach is the quarterback. DT couldn't run routes to save his life before Manning got here. He's helped bring along some of our younger receivers immensely.

Comment

Ugh. Not the "you could've drafted Wilson" argument again. You already posted that somewhere else. Either way, the team as a whole benefited from Manning. The best wide receivers coach is the quarterback. DT couldn't run routes to save his life before Manning got here. He's helped bring along some of our younger receivers immensely.
              Well it's true. You could've drafted Wilson and been in a much better position. If you believe Peyton would have been your best pick that year, then there's nothing else I can say.
              And when you have to let your young talent go to keep Peyton, (a 20 million dollar bad playoff qb) around, you'll be in a bad spot when Peyton leaves.

Comment

Hope for the best and expect the worst

Comment

This is the one aspect of having PM the past 3 years I can agree and say was a plus. I have to give this aspect of it some kudos, because I honestly overlooked that part of having a guy like PM. Though I wouldn't harshly say DT "couldn't run routes to save his life", I do agree that he was very raw and his tree was limited. Deck was a bit better, but not by much. And JT was basically non-existent. So I can fully agree that having him work-up our receivers was a major plus.
                  #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by Socnorb11 View Post
                    Likewise, why can't people support Manning, even though he's made some mistakes?
                    I'm guessing that they have a short memory, as John E tossed a bunch of picks in those other SB's prior to winning two.

Some folks seem to think that QB's win or lose games by themselves. They are just 1 of 22 starters that can screw up a game. then add in the backups and lest we forget ST fubars..

Comment

Ever since we got Manning, we get a lot of NE/Brady homers lurking our boards. They can pretend to be a Broncos or Colts fan for only so long, but it's pretty obvious it's your standard aggressive Bostonian here. His very first post was a rip on Manning...most of them are. It's pretty obvious what his agenda is here.

Comment

On the topic of Manning, it's actually a pretty stark question we fans have to ask ourselves:

Was 2014 a fluke because of injury, a weak O-line, and progressively worse play calling?

If yes, then you still have a top 3 QB and he's the best shot at playoff success. If no, then you might be better off rebuilding since he's not the long term solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                          I'm guessing that they have a short memory, as John E tossed a bunch of picks in those other SB's prior to winning two.

Some folks seem to think that QB's win or lose games by themselves. They are just 1 of 22 starters that can screw up a game. then add in the backups and lest we forget ST fubars..
                          And some just don't care for him as a player. The same way some don't care for Moore, JT, or Ball. It's not an Elway vs Manning thing or anyone vs Manning. That's the problem, that u can't just not care for him. You have to be part of some "faction". Why can't u just not believe in the "hype" of Manning?
                          #swapping

Comment

Working...
                          X