Bill Kollar Set to Join Staff as DL Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Kollar Set to Join Staff as DL Coach

Texans DL coach Bill Kollar headed to Broncos. Being reunited with Gary Kubiak.

Per John McClain

I won't complain about JJ Watts position coach coming here
    sigpic

Too bad Watt doesn't come in a package deal.

Comment

@Jeff_Legwold: Kollar an enormous get for Kubiak ... Considered an elite coach by his peers ... His presence will help all of #Broncos D linemen...
      @McClain_on_NFL: Bill Kollar wants 2 B close to 2 grandsons who live in Denver. O'Brien allowed him to leave for a lateral job with Gary Kubiak.

Comment

@McClain_on_NFL: Bill Kollar is a great D line coach. He's played a key role in JJ Watt's development. Classy move for O'Brien to let him go.

Comment

Everyone says it's a good get, so well done Kubiak! He also has a history in Houston with Wade Phillips...

Comment

Originally posted by soloking View Post
            @McClain_on_NFL: Bill Kollar is a great D line coach. He's played a key role in JJ Watt's development. Classy move for O'Brien to let him go.
            Cincy can learn something from Houston.

Comment

These new coach position acquisitions are kind of like being a kid unwrapping your Christmas presents! :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
                Cincy can learn something from Houston.
                I have to be honest when Bill O'Brien left Penn State that way he did and went to Houston I thought he was a jerk and would be a bust as a NFL HC. This was a very classy move on his part though, perhaps it's time for me to reevaluate my initial thoughts? Especially since I've never cared one way or the other about Penn St.

Comment

Good hire and classy move by O'Brien

Comment

We'll see. JJ Watt was already a monster, so don't expect Malik Jackson to become Watt v.2.0. Hopefully he's able to work with Wolfe and Williams and turns them into the players they were supposed to be. Not situational run stoppers.

Comment

Well, I guess it's back to the "3-4". At least that's what he ran in Houston. I hate the 3-4, but Kollar appears to have coached his DL pretty successfully with a good amount of "sacks".

Comment

Originally posted by gtown53 View Post
                        Well, I guess it's back to the "3-4". At least that's what he ran in Houston. I hate the 3-4, but Kollar appears to have coached his DL pretty successfully with a good amount of "sacks".
                        with some really good DL guys with JJ at the top of that list.

Comment

We went from Jay Rodgers, who began to work as DL coach in 2012, to Kollar who has 25+ years as DL coach in the NFL. Kollar has coached both the 4-3 and 3-4 defenses in Houston (they made the switch in 2011).
                          sigpic

Comment

This is a great hire, I love it. Well done Kubiak
                            Adopted Poster
                            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Everybodies talking about JJ Watt, but let's not forget he also coached Mario Williams.

Comment

Working...
                              X