Wade Makes It A Broncos Family Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade Makes It A Broncos Family Reunion

So with Wade Phillips back in Denver, Elway has brought all his old family-members back to his team. But will it all work in today's game?

I agree with hiring Kubiak as HC...Elway needed an HC who wants to run a balanced offense and Kubiak believes in that philosophy. Fox never got on-board with that concept and he and Gase are going to be miserable trying to run a mostly-passing offense in Chicago with Jay Jerko. Have fun Foxy! After Jay leads the 2015 season in Ints and ignores all your coaching advice, you and Gase will soon realize that maybe running the ball more in Denver wasnt such a bad idea, afterall. Too bad. Kind of feel sorry for Bears fans. Oh well.

Dennison as OC will just be an extension of what Kub wants to do and I think Kub called the plays in Houston and will still probably do that here. Dont have a problem with that. I think Kubiak is flexible enough with Peyton audibling out of the coach's call, whereas a Shanahan would not be. Probably explains why Shanny was not interviewed. Peyton changing all of Shanny's play-calls would drive him crazy. Hopefully they can get Peyton to buy into running the ball more and Peyton can adjust to that.

I would have preferred Dick Lebeau as DC, Wade would've been my 2nd choice. But since Elway/Kubiak went with Wade, I think he'll make the D better than it was with Del Rio. If the D can get a good FS and MLB in the off-season, they could be pretty good. Wade has created good defenses as a DC wherever he's been so hopefully that will continue here.

My only concern is leadership....Kubiak and Wade have a coaching style that could put an insomniac to sleep. So the motivation and leadership will have to come from Peyton and maybe even Elway needs to be seen in the half-time locker-rooms some more and be more vocal.

If most of the changes work and most of the starters stay healthy, with the Broncos talented roster, I see another 11-13 wins for our Broncos next season.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed.

Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
    So with Wade Phillips back in Denver, Elway has brought all his old family-members back to his team. But will it all work in today's game?

I agree with hiring Kubiak as HC...Elway needed an HC who wants to run a balanced offense and Kubiak believes in that philosophy. Fox never got on-board with that concept and he and Gase are going to be miserable trying to run a mostly-passing offense in Chicago with Jay Jerko. Have fun Foxy! After Jay leads the 2015 season in Ints and ignores all your coaching advice, you and Gase will soon realize that maybe running the ball more in Denver wasnt such a bad idea, afterall. Too bad. Kind of feel sorry for Bears fans. Oh well.

Dennison as OC will just be an extension of what Kub wants to do and I think Kub called the plays in Houston and will still probably do that here. Dont have a problem with that. I think Kubiak is flexible enough with Peyton audibling out of the coach's call, whereas a Shanahan would not be. Probably explains why Shanny was not interviewed. Peyton changing all of Shanny's play-calls would drive him crazy. Hopefully they can get Peyton to buy into running the ball more and Peyton can adjust to that.

I would have preferred Dick Lebeau as DC, Wade would've been my 2nd choice. But since Elway/Kubiak went with Wade, I think he'll make the D better than it was with Del Rio. If the D can get a good FS and MLB in the off-season, they could be pretty good. Wade has created good defenses as a DC wherever he's been so hopefully that will continue here.

My only concern is leadership....Kubiak and Wade have a coaching style that could put an insomniac to sleep. So the motivation and leadership will have to come from Peyton and maybe even Elway needs to be seen in the half-time locker-rooms some more and be more vocal.

If most of the changes work and most of the starters stay healthy, with the Broncos talented roster, I see another 11-13 wins for our Broncos next season.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed.
    You need to look up the interview with Joel Dreesen. I think after that you will think differently.

Comment

Originally posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
      You need to look up the interview with Joel Dreesen. I think after that you will think differently.
      So all we need to know about Kubiak should be sourced from Joel Dreesen? ha. Okay.
      Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Originally posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
        I hope Dreesen is right. I like that the practices will be faster...Peyton should dig that. But looking at how the Broncos would sometimes fall asleep during games last year...they were asleep and walking zombies in that Colts playoff game...this roster needs someone to kick them in the butts sometimes and wake them up, like Elway used to do.

Comment

Well lets see we hired a guy that wrestles bears for our DL Coach position, sounds like Alex Gibbs is probably coming back and well just watch an interview with that guy and he is just about spitting nails as he talks about a player making a mistake, Kubiak while on the sideline doesn't look like Harbaugh from what I understand he has gotten glowing reviews even beyond just Dreesen about him being a pretty fired up guy. Yes I agree Wade Phillips probably could put us all to sleep listening to him talk but the guy knows defense. I would say this is where the position coaches will have to rise to the occasion and be that louder voice. Don't know much about Herring or Woods but I have from the little I have read seems like they are good additions.

To me I look at what Elway said after Fox was let go that he didn't think the team was fired up or ready for the big games. I don't think he hires Kubiak unless he thinks that Kubiak can get this team focused and fired up for those type of games.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaOrange View Post
            So all we need to know about Kubiak should be sourced from Joel Dreesen? ha. Okay.
            You mean a player who played for Kubiak who would actually know what his leadership style is and the way he comes across to players and what he does to be a motivator and leader of men?....ummm, yea, pretty much EXACTLY the person we should be listening to.

Comment

Originally posted by 4th Amigo View Post
              You mean a player who played for Kubiak who would actually know what his leadership style is and the way he comes across to players and what he does to be a motivator and leader of men?....ummm, yea, pretty much EXACTLY the person we should be listening to.
              Haha, great post. We do have a habit of thinking that as fans we know best, don't we? So yes, it's probably better to listen to those who ACTUALLY know what they're talking about. But what fun would it be if we don't speculate, make stuff up and think we know better than those who do?
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                Haha, great post. We do have a habit of thinking that as fans we know best, don't we? So yes, it's probably better to listen to those who ACTUALLY know what they're talking about. But what fun would it be if we don't speculate, make stuff up and think we know better than those who do?

Hey don't get me wrong, I like speculation as much as the next delusional fan, but I've got enough sense to know when someone would know better than me on a particular subject...and heed their advice!

Comment

Hey don't get me wrong, I like speculation as much as the next delusional fan, but I've got enough sense to know when someone would know better than me on a particular subject...and heed their advice!
                  I never get that sense, and if John would just return my callls.... can you say SB
                  My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Speaking of Dreesen, he's still an FA, right? How's he after his injury? Any chance we bring him back, or better asked, could he serve this type of offense?

If JT does go, Dreesen might be had on the cheap and might not need to be coached up to be ready. We still need another TE though that could be had in FA or the draft.

Comment

Elway seems to be trying to put the band back together. He is putting all the good from his playing days back together for a reunion tour. I have to agree with his tactic on this. we already have a good team, now it appears we have the coaches to match.

Fox is a good coach, but all too often he would give in to the QB or coordinator. You can't say that he don't run the ball enough. With Tebow as the QB, we led the league in rushing. He changed his stance with Manning, as he should have but all too often forgot the basics.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mct1967 View Post
                        I hope Dreesen is right. I like that the practices will be faster...Peyton should dig that. But looking at how the Broncos would sometimes fall asleep during games last year...they were asleep and walking zombies in that Colts playoff game...this roster needs someone to kick them in the butts sometimes and wake them up, like Elway used to do.
                        I am so hoping this coaching staff can light a fire under this talented team. It wasn't just the team that fell asleep during the second half of the season last year, it was the fans. I personally have been in a funk since the St. Louis disappointment.

Fox would've been gone after last year's SB loss if it had been up to me but it wasn't. Elway's got us pointed in the right direction, can't wait for the draft.
                        [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                          Speaking of Dreesen, he's still an FA, right? How's he after his injury? Any chance we bring him back, or better asked, could he serve this type of offense?

If JT does go, Dreesen might be had on the cheap and might not need to be coached up to be ready. We still need another TE though that could be had in FA or the draft.
                          I think he sort of unofficially retired. Could be wrong. The injury concerns me though at age 32. May be better off going with Owen Daniels if you want a vet who knows the system really well. Same age, but without the injury problem. Was still effective in Baltimore this last year.
                          Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

Im intrigued by the descion, as i wasnt around when Wade was here. I did get to watch alot of his games as the Dallas coach ( DC ? HC ? ) I think i can recall his deffence being... atrocious if i reamber correctly ? He didnt have alot of big names on D. What im wondering, is if he drafted any players that are CURRENTLY playing on that Dallas D. A bunch of (no-names) players that really rose to the occasion, and played well above expections. Thoughts ? Opinions ?

Comment

Not me, my opinion and speculation always matters more. Just kidding. Actually, no I'm not.

Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                              X