Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HARDHIT27
    replied
    I agree completely, but I also think "has been" are the key words here. He has been at the top for a very long time, but I think he has declined the past couple of years to the point that the only way he has to go now, is down, and if he plays next year, I think it will only get worse. When Elway decided to retire he was still a lot more effective all around than Manning is presently in terms of mobility, arm strength, and willing to put his body on the line for the sake of the team. I'm not saying Manning is a coward, I just think given his present physical condition, he's hearing more "foot steps" than he used to, and that's effecting his accuracy and decision making. I hope he chooses to retire.
    Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
    Peyton has been a GREAT BRONCO, no question!

Leave a comment:

• DanEllis
    replied
    I hope it's both.

Leave a comment:

• sheenabobeena
    replied
    Eh, that's what they do nowadays on these types of shows. They just need to talk about something that will stir things up, especially with a lot less topics to discuss with the season over.

At first I was convinced the Broncos wanted Peyton to stay, now I don't know what to think. Go or stay, I hope Peyton announces it soon so we can all move forward. I am a huge Peyton fan and I would love for him to come back but not if half the fans and now, reportedly, the organization doesn't want him.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I am good with whatever they do. Actually Brock threw that nice Td this year, looked like a strong, accurate pass! I am Just bummin' we couldn't get it done the past couple years.

The draft is kinda a crap-shoot with QB's?

And as far as FA QB's well the last one wasn't too shabby?

Last edited by Capt. Jack; 02-11-2015, 09:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    I just wanna WIN! If Peyton is healthy and can get it done I want him! If Ben is available, he idolized Elway growing up, so I like Him! If Quiver's if available I wouldn't mind having him!!! I just like an experienced QB, after the nonsense we have been going through since Plummer!

(I am not sold on "Broccoli")

Ben will not be available, they are working on his contract right now. And I seriously doubt the Broncos will go down that route again or bringing in a seasoned FA veteran. I think they would rather develop Brock, bring in a backup to compete with him or draft someone this year. Who knows, but I seriously doubt them going back to a veteran FA again.

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    The man can't win with these fans. If he would have sat due to injury fans would have called him soft. Now that he played through them, he should have sat. Double standards....

Leave a comment:

• FlowdaBroncoFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Gsam View Post
    Yeah Imagine that. Maybe he should have sat down and let Os get some reps. I mean after all, it would have been a win win for the Broncos. We get Os some play time and we have a healthier QB come playoff time...

Oh wait, but sitting doesn't get records.... Silly me.
    At that time we were still fighting for playoff seeding. I don't think it had to do with records. So unless you have sources, it's all speculation. I will take playoff seeding argument over records any day. He already has most of them. He wants to win, not break records.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I just wanna WIN! If Peyton is healthy and can get it done I want him! If Ben is available, he idolized Elway growing up, so I like Him! If Quiver's if available I wouldn't mind having him!!! I just like an experienced QB, after the nonsense we have been going through since Plummer!

(I am not sold on "Brock")

Last edited by Capt. Jack; 02-11-2015, 09:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    The past three years have been the best statistical years in Broncos history at the QB position. It's not Manning's fault they couldn't figure out how to protect the "Pocket Passer" they wanted?

We would be very lucky to have PFM a "REAL QB" leading our team this year.

Next year Ben and Phillip and some other real QB's might be available.

Cooler heads should prevail, Peyton has more than earned his right to have a chance to play out the contract we gave him?
    So, are you hoping or thinking that after PM leaves that the Broncos would seek to bring in another FA QB like Rivers? I leave out Ben cause they are working on his contract now.

There is no way the Broncos will do that. They will cultivate Brock or draft a QB or maybe bring in a backup to compete with Brock, but will not go down the road of bringing in another older, veteran FA QB.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    The past three years have been the best statistical years in Broncos history at the QB position. It's not Manning's fault they couldn't figure out how to protect the "Pocket Passer" they wanted?

We would be very lucky to have PFM a "REAL QB" leading our team this year.

Next year Ben and Phillip and some other real QB's might be available.

Cooler heads should prevail, Peyton has more than earned his right to have a chance to play out the contract we gave him?

Leave a comment:

• TheArtofManning
    replied
    Originally posted by martz11 View Post
    Geez the guy was 2nd in the league in TD tosses and played out the year on a torn quad and still got to 12 wins. it amazes me how many people want him gone.

When he leaves it will be funny when we go back to an 8 win team and everybody will be crying when we're losing to the Chargers all the time again.
    I believe (without checking), that Denver is 17-1 in divisional games since Manning has played with Denver. (6-0, 5-1 and 6-0). When you win the vast majority of divisional games, it helps you make the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Jay Rebel
    replied
    I always thought Peyton should of been held accountable along with Welker and even DT for Denver being unprepared for the playoffs. A veteran QB at that like Manning and Denver laid an egg. The coaching staff went, but not Manning

Leave a comment:

• martz11
    replied
    Geez the guy was 2nd in the league in TD tosses and played out the year on a torn quad and still got to 12 wins. it amazes me how many people want him gone.

When he leaves it will be funny when we go back to an 8 win team and everybody will be crying when we're losing to the Chargers all the time again.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Peyton has been a GREAT BRONCO, no question!

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Originally posted by Gsam View Post
    Yeah Imagine that. Maybe he should have sat down and let Os get some reps. I mean after all, it would have been a win win for the Broncos. We get Os some play time and we have a healthier QB come playoff time...

Oh wait, but sitting doesn't get records.... Silly me.

Theres no guarantee that Denver makes playoffs if Payton sits the last month of the season. What if Oz did come in the last month and goes winless and Denver misses playoffs???? You would be screaming for Payton to tough it out and be a team player, spoken like a true hypocrite

Leave a comment:

Working...
X