Not this week for Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I remember watching that play.

I was really wanting to see the Broncos win that game too.

Jake just couldn't get anything going on that last drive.
    One of those moments you really needed Elway back. heh
    James Tiberius Kirk: "Spock, the women on your planet are logical. No other planet in the galaxy can make that claim."

Comment

Yup, I sure miss Atwater too... helluva player. To the comment that Portis is the bread and butter of this offense, don't forget noob, that this is a TEAM effort. Everyone who plays on offense is the "bread and butter" of that offense.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by jubei
        Hey Perry,

Is that the infamous Steve Atwater hit on the Nigerian Nightmare in your sig?

Quite possibly the coolest one I've seen in a while.
        It can't be. First the uni's are wrong (looks like Raiders) and the ABC logo makes it a Monday night game. Atwater stuffed Okoye on Sunday afternoon. Maybe it's Bo Jangles getting his clock cleaned?

Comment

Originally posted by ©® JaCkleG
          Yup, I sure miss Atwater too... helluva player. To the comment that Portis is the bread and butter of this offense, don't forget noob, that this is a TEAM effort. Everyone who plays on offense is the "bread and butter" of that offense.

Have a nice day.
          noob? heh....I like that.
          Oh, you must be refering to my mere number of posts on Denver's board alone.
          You don't visit many of the other team boards that often do you?

I was referring to Portis as being the "bread and butter" simply due to the fact that he is a crucial element of your offense.
          If he isn't healthy, it doesn't bode well for the Broncos.

Every team has their play-makers or go-to guys.
          Its nice that you give your O-line credit. They do play a very important role in an offense's success.
          But to deny Portis as being the "bread and butter" of your offense right now shows me how much you overlook his talent as one of the greater RB's in the league.
          James Tiberius Kirk: "Spock, the women on your planet are logical. No other planet in the galaxy can make that claim."

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
            Uh, maybe you should be on this team's board for longer than your 27 posts before you make a comment that makes you look this stupid.

We've spent the last 8 weeks telling every team that came along that Portis is the best RB in the league. We are ENDLESSLY in this debate with KC fans who think Holmes is some sort of RB god.
            Same with the Ravens fans with their one-dimensional Jamal Lewis offense.

We know how good Portis is, AND we know how good Holmes and Lewis are. The thing is, none of these three would be as good if they weren't running behind good offensive linemen.
            KC's O line is probably the best in the league right now, the Ravens have Ogden, and we've always been known for our O line.

TD was the "bread & butter" of our offense until he got hurt, and then we had to spread Gary. When he got hurt, we had to spread Anderson. Now we have Portis.

They've ALL run behind the same blocking scheme.
            They're all good RB's, but the "bread & butter" of any rushing offense is being able to get your great RB to the 2nd level of defensive guys, period.
            *first line removed (yeah I was a little hot)
            I suppose that from what you are saying...ANY RB can do what Portis does with your O-line then. NO
            Yes the offensive line contributes substantially to a runningbacks success, as well as a quarterback.
            The Colts have one of the best offensive lines in the league by allowing very few sacks on Manning. You don't see the Colts offensive line on the cover of SI this week do you? NO
            Manning, Harrison and Edge are the "bread and butter" of the Colts offense. They are the play makers. Just as Jake and Portis are the play makers for Denver.

If you read my posts...I refer to the playmakers as the "bread and butter". If you want to call someone stupid for coining the phrase "bread and butter", then please step back up on your soapbox. Just don't trip and fall.

btw. I'm not trying to get into a pissing match about who's RB is better. This argument was brought on because some of you have taken offense to the phrase "bread and butter". Grow up!
            dred
            Practice Squad
            Last edited by dred; 12-18-2003, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IU Knightmare
              IMO Shanahan made the worst choice he possibly could have out of the choices he had facing him.

You don't need 7, its overtime for god sakes, all you need is 3. Portis had 38 touches to that point in the game. You are playing with fire running on first down, with a back getting more than a normal workload, with a healthy back on the sidelines, when a chip shot field goal in your pocket to attempt. No need to try and get closer. No need to run clock. Really no need to use Portis if all you are doing is positioning between the hashes for the kick on the next down. You are just taking way too many chances there, and it bit em.

And I watched the game, the commentators questioned it, hell Shanon Sharpe looked at Shanny like he had a 3rd eye for having Portis in there. Wasn't necessary, and it bit him. Sure you go with your best back when running the ball, thats no secret, but situationally, there was no need whatsoever at that point in time in the game. Your condescending posting style doesn't bother me a bit. I am not flaming, just stating an opinion. Funny that I am a newbie and a visitor, and even I know where to post things in their proper context and forum. I came to general discussion, and you want to play the flame game becuase you don't agree with me. Maybe the flames forum would be better to address your concerns over my lack of knowledge.

I don't need to know Broncos history to make a statement as innocuous as "So please, don't put it beyond the realm of possibility that Shanahan could put Portis out there at less than full strength when you are fighting it out with 3 teams for the final two spots in the postseason. " If Portis says, I think I can go coach, and he can make the majority of his cuts, it wouldn't suprise me in the least to see him on the field this Sunday. I doesn't matter what Shanahan has done it the past, or what his tendencies are. Each situation is unique and there are many variables to be considered for me to know what will happen, or you for that matter, come Sunday.

I didn't come on here in an attempt to flame you, your team, your coach, or other posters. I had a fairly non-inflammitory opinion, as did another Colts poster here, and you want to come make direct insults at a poster for their opinion. I would have thought ya'll were tired of that type of tit for tat with all the Chief fans, but I guess it isn't just them after all.

I have enjoyed the football converstion that the colts fans have had this week, and hope it continues. I do not want to get in to a fight with you over this. That being said, Field goals are never for sure. They can be blocked, the hold can be droped, and who knows even Elam misses them from time to time. With 1st down that close to the endzone you have to go for it. Portis even wanted to scored the touchdown. Yes Sharpe was mad, but everyone can say it was a bad call after the fact its pretty easy. BUt had they tried the feild goal and missed then everyone would be wondering why they didnt run the ball.

Comment

Working...
              X