How many sacks will Von Miller have in 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many sacks will Von Miller have in 2015

The poll is about Von Miller but feel free to discuss any Bronco player.

Wade Phillips has done this kind of work in Denver with 3-4 defenses as DC

Karl Mecklenburg 29.0 sacks ( 4.25 per season); Pro Bowl 1989,1991; All Pro 1989
    Simon Fletcher 50.5 Sacks (12.6 per season)
    Greg Kragen 13.0 sacks ( 3.25 per season); Pro Bowl 1989
    Michael Brooks 1 int; Pro Bowl 1992
    Mike Croel 15 sacks ( 7.5 per season)
    Rick Dennison 1 sack, 1 int

As Head Coach
    Karl Mechlenburg 9.0 sacks; Pro Bowl 1993
    Simon Fletcher 13.5 sacks
    Greg Kragen 3.0 sacks
    Mike Croel 5 sacks

Did not count 1994 stats as we went to 4-3

Greg Kragen was a great example of coaching a player undersized at NT to play at high level. At 263 pounds he was light for a NT even back in those days but he anchored the 3-4 of allot of real good defenses.

Simon Fletcher would have made many Pro Bowls and All Pro teams had he played in Los Angeles, New York, Dallas or just about any East Coast team. He set record for consecutive games with a sack ( 10 games )

Karl Meck (Albino Rhino!) was a classic example of a player with great heart, smarts, and coaching could excel at the highest level even though he lacked elite talent. 12th round pick and definitely one of the best defenders in Bronco History.

I think Von is going to blow up this year. Talking 20+ sacks. Wade is going to unleash him on Qbs and let Von do what Von does best...get to the ball fast and make a play.

If I was Elway I would lock Von up this year if at all possible.
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    0.00%
    6.90%
    3.45%
    6.90%
    6.90%
    0.00%
    3.45%
    3.45%
    8.62%
    5.17%
    12.07%
    12.07%
    6.90%
    6.90%
    0.00%
    3.45%
    5.17%
    1.72%
    6.90%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Hadez; 03-27-2015, 08:03 PM.
    Let's Ride!

Von has the potential to break the single season sack record in this defense. Will he? I don't know. But I think it's possible. It would definitely be wise to get a deal done before the season.
    Adopted Bronco: Bradley Roby

Comment

I say he tallies 18 sacks, Ware 14

Comment

I say 12-14 at the most. Anything more requires production that no one else can give.
        #swapping

Comment

I'm going big with 22.5 sacks!
          I think he goes full Derrick Thomas in the new 3-4 defense.
          He will be aided by two 4 sack games vs Cleveland ( Manziel will run right into him on a couple) & Minnesota. He will have another four 2 sack games the other 6.5 will be spread out over the other 10 games because he will be double teamed allowing Ware to feast.
          There goes my imagination again.
          sigpic

Comment

I'll say 19

Comment

If Von stays healthy and does not get into trouble, I think he could have 23 sacks.

It will be much more difficult to double team him as I see Phillips moving Von all over the place. I do not see Phillips flanking him out to cover the TE like JDR did. That was a disaster.

A dog has to eat. You must feed him.

Miller and Ware should have a big season.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post
                If Von stays healthy and does not get into trouble, I think he could have 23 sacks.

It will be much more difficult to double team him as I see Phillips moving Von all over the place. I do not see Phillips flanking him out to cover the TE like JDR did. That was a disaster.

A dog has to eat. You must feed him.

Miller and Ware should have a big season.
                Yeah buddy!
                I like the idea of him playing some Ilb in different looks and and blitzing right up the middle, McCrary, Quantarius, Anukie, or Barrett can man the Olb spot on those downs
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                  I say 12-14 at the most. Anything more requires production that no one else can give.
                  What does that even mean? Von had 14 sacks his rookie as a part time player. I can't see how he doesn't break 18 in a defense that will be centered around him.
                  A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                    What does that even mean? Von had 14 sacks his rookie as a part time player. I can't see how he doesn't break 18 in a defense that will be centered around him.
                    His first 2 years he had Doom, an almost equally impressive talent (still in his prime) with a high motor that didn't fade down the stretch.

2013 brought Phillips, past his prime, and a "fat" Von. Phillips faded down the stretch and Von got hurt.

2014 brought Ware. Like Phillips he is also past his prime. He was on a pitch count most of the season and faded tremendously down the stretch.

Point is, Doom fed Von and vise versa. There were no pitch counts and both played at an equal level that made that combo unstoppable. With Ware, they can neutralize Von and Ware is very average at this point in his career. So he's not a worry as he was several seasons ago.

Von can't do it all and it's gonna take a high level from Ware, and who ever spells him, to reach anything higher than 14.

It all goes back to the fact that we have yet to replace the production of Doom.
                    Last edited by flosstein; 03-28-2015, 12:32 PM.
                    #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
                      Yeah buddy!
                      I like the idea of him playing some Ilb in different looks and and blitzing right up the middle, McCrary, Quantarius, Anukie, or Barrett can man the Olb spot on those downs
                      He's going to be a nightmare for Offensive Coordinators around the league (like he wasn't already). I love your idea of blitzing him up the middle. Man, I'm getting excited for next season!
                      sigpic

Comment

His first 2 years he had Doom, an almost equally impressive talent (still in his prime) with a high motor that didn't fade down the stretch.

2013 brought Phillips, past his prime, and a "fat" Von. Phillips faded down the stretch and Von got hurt.

2014 brought Ware. Like Phillips he is also past his prime. He was on a pitch count most of the season and faded tremendously down the stretch.

Point is, Doom fed Von and vise versa. There were no pitch counts and both played at an equal level that made that combo unstoppable. With Ware, they can neutralize Von and Ware is very average at this point in his career. So he's not a worry as he was several seasons ago.

Von can't do it all and it's gonna take a high level from Ware, and who ever spells him, to reach anything higher than 14.

It all goes back to the fact that we have yet to replace the production of Doom.
                        Doom isn't a elite DE. He's a 10 sack guy that will get you 17 every 3-4 years. "Fat" Miller also racked up 5.5 sacks in 9 games, including some of his most dominate plays of his career in the NE game. Then this year he was spelled the first quarter of the season as he still returned to form after the knee injury, then combine that with JDR basically giving up around the Rams game and that's this year. Miller is a JJ Watt, Ndamukong Suh level player, he just hasn't shown it in since his second year due to other circumstances.
                        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

I disagree about others producing. I think With Von at OLB in a 3-4 will fit is skill set better than what he has been playing. Malik jackosn will be able to bring pressure from the inside and I wouldn't count out Quanterus Smith as a rotational pass rusher from the LB spot as well. If they get solid play out of whoever lines up at NT, I think this D could be the best we have seen in years.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                            Doom isn't a elite DE. He's a 10 sack guy that will get you 17 every 3-4 years. "Fat" Miller also racked up 5.5 sacks in 9 games, including some of his most dominate plays of his career in the NE game. Then this year he was spelled the first quarter of the season as he still returned to form after the knee injury, then combine that with JDR basically giving up around the Rams game and that's this year. Miller is a JJ Watt, Ndamukong Suh level player, he just hasn't shown it in since his second year due to other circumstances.
                            Doom is an elite level DE and has the consistent numbers to prove it. Agree or disagree, de-value Doom's production if u choose. It's all good and these are our unique opinions. I just feel that until we replace his production, Von is a 12-14 sack guy. That's not de-valuing him at all. That's still HOF worthy if done on a consistent level. But to be the true terror that he is, he still needs better support than Ware, or any other pass-rusher we have can provide.

No great pass rusher in history was a one man show. Not LT, White, Thomas, or any one else. They all had someone opposite who was a consistent elite player themselves. That helped catapult them to legendary.
                            #swapping

Comment

In the 4-3, we could have Ware and Miller rushing together without calling a blitz. In the 3-4, if we rush them together it's a blitz, unless we're using nickel defense with a 4-man front. Considering that defenses nowadays play more nickel than base, maybe we will look more like a 4-3 than a 3-4. For the base 3-4, I won't be surprised if we sometimes rotate Ware and Miller at WOLB, which is the main rusher in Wade's defensive scheme. The SOLB has much more run and coverage responsibilities than the WOLB. That's one of the reasons why I wanted Nate Irving back, so we could have a package with Brandon Marshall at SOLB and Von Miller to give Ware some rest later in the season.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X