Woody Paige......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woody Paige......

After reading the Post today online I saw a few video clips in which Woody is saying that the window is closing (and pretty much closed) for Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos. This is the second day in a row in which I heard him state that. He seems to be convinced. He also feels that we are overrated in a most recent power ranking he saw at number 5. He stated Baltimore and Indianapolis are better than us right now. I respect Woody Paige but I must say that I disagree with him. He seems to have lost faith in home team, not good.
    http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Depends what camp you fall in with Manning. If you believe that end of the Year Manning is the Manning we get all year, then yes the window is shut. If you believe we get the Manning we saw in the beginning of the year, then we have a shot.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

New coaching staff and new scheme, it's not hard to imagine the Broncos being overrated, if they're being ranked 5th.

They can talk Super Bowl all they want, but there's no reason to believe they're going to get there this season. So, unless Manning has two seasons in him, the window is probably closed, nailed down, and boarded up.
      Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
      No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
      Still Not Backing Down!!!

Comment

I wouldn't put too much stock into anything that Paige has to say.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
          Depends what camp you fall in with Manning. If you believe that end of the Year Manning is the Manning we get all year, then yes the window is shut. If you believe we get the Manning we saw in the beginning of the year, then we have a shot.
          I agree with that. Good assessment.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
            New coaching staff and new scheme, it's not hard to imagine the Broncos being overrated, if they're being ranked 5th.

They can talk Super Bowl all they want, but there's no reason to believe they're going to get there this season. So, unless Manning has two seasons in him, the window is probably closed, nailed down, and boarded up.
            Wow, pretty strong words there.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Considering the last coaching staff (HC,OC,DC) couldnt win with 10 probowlers I cant imagine how a new one is even worse? Gase was a pathetic nightmare. He was as bad as Mike Mccoy was, being predictable to a T, and only calling plays to the outside. He never ever ever ever ever ever used the middle of the field. He also only called 5 different plays. Guess what his favorite play was? WE GOT BETTER BY HIM LEAVING!! Fact.

Del Rio- would not blitz. Ever. And refused to adjust, ask TY hilton about that.- Once again, we are better with him Gone!!!!

Fox- well, we have seen how our guys come out for big games. They dont even want to show up. Lackluster is an understatement.

I think it is pretty obvious that had those 3 remained our window would have been nailed shut. We were and still are THE MOST TALENTED TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. We sent the most players to the probowl and had a few who normally do (vasquez, trevathan) not go to the probowl because of injuries. So more like 12 pro bowlers. No team is even close to that. Not even close!

Our window is floor to ceiling and wide open, in fact, there is no glass there.
              So far:
              FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
              1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

^^^^^^ This. All i would add is that the biggest hurdle for the upcoming season, imo, is going to be chemistry. New coaches and a new scheme offensively and defensively can be successful, but the chemistry has got to be there. Belief is everything for an athlete. If they believe in the coaches and the scheme, the success will be evident in the product

Comment

Don't forget that Woody Paige once said that John Elway should be voted NFL Executive of the year by acclimation.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                    Considering the last coaching staff (HC,OC,DC) couldnt win with 10 probowlers I cant imagine how a new one is even worse? Gase was a pathetic nightmare. He was as bad as Mike Mccoy was, being predictable to a T, and only calling plays to the outside. He never ever ever ever ever ever used the middle of the field. He also only called 5 different plays. Guess what his favorite play was? WE GOT BETTER BY HIM LEAVING!! Fact.

Del Rio- would not blitz. Ever. And refused to adjust, ask TY hilton about that.- Once again, we are better with him Gone!!!!

Fox- well, we have seen how our guys come out for big games. They dont even want to show up. Lackluster is an understatement.

I think it is pretty obvious that had those 3 remained our window would have been nailed shut. We were and still are THE MOST TALENTED TEAM IN THE LEAGUE. We sent the most players to the probowl and had a few who normally do (vasquez, trevathan) not go to the probowl because of injuries. So more like 12 pro bowlers. No team is even close to that. Not even close!

Well said brother. I appreciate your outlook on things. I too agree that had we the proper coaching staff we could have two world championships since Peyton has been here. The thing that upsets me most was the excitement I had for Del Rio once he came on board but how he IMO was the glaring reason we lost in the first round last year. I could be wrong when I say this but once he had his mind on possibly getting the head job in Jokeland he pretty much cared less about what our defense did versus indy in the final game. I still believe that we can get back to the big one again this season, this time only have the killer instinct to dominate whoever we face.

sigpic

Comment

I hear ya bud! We still have an abundance of talent. We will find out not only if coaching was the issue, but by how much. And in our case, the answer to "how much" may get us back to The Dance!!

Comment

Hope I'm completely wrong but this will be seen as a delusional rant by the end of next season.

I'm not sure if Kube's is a great coach but is his HC resume anymore impressive? Pretty sure he got fired mid-season for a massive failure due his team severely underperforming. They were in the preseason conversation to be a definite playoff team with potential to go deep.

A less delusional rant - Manning comes back looking decent, hopes rise, Manning wears down quicker than last year and finger pointing/excuses ensue. Unfortunately, as with most competitors, Manning has stayed too long and is served a heaping plate of disappointment and embarrassment to end his career. Not what anyone should want for him.
                        Anybody know how to get out of Plan A? - Elway

Comment

Considering the last coaching staff (HC,OC,DC) couldnt win with 10 probowlers I cant imagine how a new one is even worse?
                          Considering that the new head coach was fired during a season in which his team was expected to compete for the Super Bowl, I don't see how you can't imagine that the new staff could be worse than the one that won the division four straight years and made it to the Super Bowl. I almost don't count the first one, but even if you throw that out, it was three straight years of at least twelve wins and a Super Bowl appearance. You are the epitome of a spoiled fan. I get it though. There are times when I have trouble just appreciating a good season that doesn't result in a championship.
                          Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
                          No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
                          Still Not Backing Down!!!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            Don't forget that Woody Paige once said that John Elway should be voted NFL Executive of the year by acclimation.
                            Hehe... by acclimation.. isn't that how you get a job from your parents??

I know, Professor.. you see the humor in that!!!
                            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I don't care what Paige says. He is allowed his opinion and I am certainly not going to let his opinion get in the way of my hopes of returning to the SB every year.

You know what they say........Opinions are like (BLEEP), Everyone's got one.
                              sigpic
                              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                              X