Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That time again to call Direct Tv about customer loyalty and so we can watch Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That time again to call Direct Tv about customer loyalty and so we can watch Broncos

Anyone know what deals Direct TV offers their loyal customers so people outside Colorado can watch their Broncos?

I was under contract last year.

In 2013 they gave me free NFL package and $800 in other discounts.

Anyone know what they offering in 2015?
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Great thread. I have yet to call and negotiate. I am looking forward to the responses. I have had them a long time, and usually get like 10% off. I have heard free tossed out, but don't really believe it.

I would like to hear legit deals going around, and what was said to get these deals.
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

In 2013 i just had to ask for customer retention department

I already knew when i called what discounts were available because of the net.

Last year i was under contract and they will not do anything for u if u under contract
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I wasn't under contract last year so they treated me like a new customer and gave it to me for free.

I called yesterday to cancel. At 1st she offered 10% off, told her I couldn't do it, then she offered the package for $200, told her I needed to talk it over with the wife. I haven't called them back yet.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
          Great thread. I have yet to call and negotiate. I am looking forward to the responses. I have had them a long time, and usually get like 10% off. I have heard free tossed out, but don't really believe it.

I would like to hear legit deals going around, and what was said to get these deals.
          I've been with DirecTV since they went on the air in 1994. My wife said we should get Sunday Ticket for free like all the new customers. I've had Sunday Ticket all this time too. My wife got on the phone and talked to four different people over the course of about an hour and got Sunday Ticket for free. It can be done. It appears it depends on how persistent you are, how long you have been with them and what programming packages you have.
          sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

I'm expecting no deals. I couldn't get them to budge below $200 last year. And I had it for $180 the year before.

I don't really believe people who say they got it for free. No offense Canmore. But I called over and over last year and each time would actually be a worse deal and they would say you should've taken the better deal at the time you called.

I honestly think it really depends on how large of an area you live in.

For example East coast is heavily populated up north and is very important to the numbers Directv can draw in.

I live in the south where they don't really seem to care much at all about whether we are customers or not. I already had a buddy tell me he called and threatened to cancel his entire service and they didn't skip a beat. Just said ok and canceled it. Didn't offer him a single discount on anything.

My contract is due up next month so I"m holding out hope that I can barter for Sunday ticket free and even discounts on my monthly bill. As I've heard so many times on here before. But I'm just not getting my hopes up after what my co worker told me.

I'm actually now expecting them to just cancel my service and offer me nothing. I'm prepared to not have directv because of all the online streaming available now. But I'm not prepared to not have my football fix which isn't done easily without some sort of cable service. I'll do my best but my hopes aren't up.
            sigpic

Comment

Everyone just remember to ask for the "RETENTION DEPARTMENT" as soon as you get a live person. Don't ask for any deals from the first live person because that's just the regular customer service dept.

The Retention Dept. is where all the best deals are made...if you rely on getting any real deals from the regular customer service dept., which will be the first live-person you get, then you'll be disappointed.

I've gotten great deals each year from the RETENTION DEPARTMENT.

Comment

Ya my bill this month from Direct TV was a tad ridiculous, I mean $250 really. I'll probably cancel, and during August they usually send a guy door to door with the "newcomers" deal IE free ticket and like 89 a month.
                What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                  Everyone just remember to ask for the "RETENTION DEPARTMENT" as soon as you get a live person. Don't ask for any deals from the first live person because that's just the regular customer service dept.

The Retention Dept. is where all the best deals are made...if you rely on getting any real deals from the regular customer service dept., which will be the first live-person you get, then you'll be disappointed.

I ask for the retention department every single time. Did it 5 times last year and still no dice from them. I still contend that it depends on what type of area you live in.

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                  Ya my bill this month from Direct TV was a tad ridiculous, I mean $250 really. I'll probably cancel, and during August they usually send a guy door to door with the "newcomers" deal IE free ticket and like 89 a month.
                  $250????? I don't think that's a Directv issue. Sounds like you have way too many packages. I was paying $124 a month with Showtime and then canceled it last month and my bill this month was $100.

I have no movie packages or sports packages. Just 300 regular useless cable channels.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                    I ask for the retention department every single time. Did it 5 times last year and still no dice from them. I still contend that it depends on what type of area you live in.

$250????? I don't think that's a Directv issue. Sounds like you have way too many packages. I was paying $124 a month with Showtime and then canceled it last month and my bill this month was $100.

I have no movie packages or sports packages. Just 300 regular useless cable channels.
                    same here mine is $95 n they just gave showime & Starz for 3 month trial I have to cancel before then or get charged...

but yes get the retention department I always say my friends are getting it the NFL package 1/2 off or more how can I get that kind of a deal they give me deal almost every year...

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
                      same here mine is $95 n they just gave showime & Starz for 3 month trial I have to cancel before then or get charged...

but yes get the retention department I always say my friends are getting it the NFL package 1/2 off or more how can I get that kind of a deal they give me deal almost every year...
                      I think you misunderstood me. On that part I was saying the retention department never gives me a great deal. No matter what I tell them.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

You may be right. I live in Clinton, MD...just 20mins. from DC. It may also have something to do with how long you've been a customer and the type of package you have. I've been a 'loyal customer' since '01 (I think) and I've had the Premier package since then as well.

I haven't called yet this year...I normally wait til just before they start to auto bill me for the Sunday Ticket.
                        Last edited by Mel B.; 07-23-2015, 07:08 AM.

Comment

You may be right. I live in Clinton, MD...just 20mins. from DC. It may also have something to do with how long you've been a customer and the type of package you have. I've been a 'loyal customer' since '01 (I think) and I've had the Premier package since then as well.

I haven't called yet this year...I normally wait til just before they start to auto bill me for the Sunday Ticket.
                          Yeah you may be right about loyalty. I've only been in since 2011. So this would be my third contract renewal this year. But not even close to on your level.

They did emphasize loyalty over and over when I called to cancel Showtime last month. Because I don't watch enough on there anymore to be worth it. And then I called yesterday because one of my DVR's is out and again they were emphasizing loyalty since 2011 and trying to offer me minor deals like they did when I canceled Showtime.

I've turned everything down so far because I'm hoping for the big bang when I call to cancel next month. So I don't want to get roped into something stupid now and end up with a new contract with nothing to show for.

We'll see though. Maybe I can pull some great deals next month and I'll be changing my tune in this thread.

I also agree I wouldn't call until close to the season for bartering either. I'm glad my contract is always up right when preseason begins. They should want my money when football is about to start.

I still don't expect free though because that honestly just never makes business sense to me though why they would give it away to anyone other than new customers.
                          sigpic

Comment

Im out of contract... I'll have to call this year.
                            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

This is the key

Or a new great saying I have learned recently

Never accept a no from someone not qualified to give you a yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X