How You Became a Bronco Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    Now that is an awesome story! Its a lot better to make that walk in the enemies stadium when you win than the walk of shame when you lose.
    Absolutely. It's much easier to laugh off the verbal abuse when you know, that they know, that your Broncos just handed them a big, fat "L"
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Always the best. This thread usually comes around every now and the. When I joined the boards I relayed my story. Basically I was set out to be a raider fan in which my father is a die hard. Well one day the Raiders played the broncos and my dad bad mouthed the team to death saying how much we shouldn't stand the broncos and so forth.

Anyway Elway had a decent game and I rememebr asking my dad who he was and he had some unpleasant things thrown elway's way. I told him I kind of like Elway and been a fan ever since. So I'm probably one of the few who actually was trying to be a raider fan but I'm glad I saw elway when I did I couldn't imagine rooting for the Raiders man that would give me nightmares
      :go:

Comment

I became a Broncos fan the year they met the Cowboys in the Super bowl, this was pre-Elway.

Comment

I became a fan when I was 10 years old and I chose the team with the best helmet. That was in 1986 and they went to the super bowl that year and got shellacked that year by the giants but i stayed a fan and got to live to see one of the greatest offenses in 1997. Great choice by me!

Comment

My Uncle Perry is a diehard fan, as a kid I would look around in his fan room at all the Broncos stuff and it just stuck. Most of my family are broncos fans so I guess it was just a blessing.
            Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Comment

Born in Boulder Colorado in 1984. That should pretty much explain it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 58_VONDOOM_92 View Post
                Born in Boulder Colorado in 1984. That should pretty much explain it.
                Ooo. im sorry
                sigpic

Comment

Great thread ! I love to read all those stories !

This is my story...
                  Born 45 years ago in a country that had no clue about football... Hum, except what we call football here and soccer in the US lol. One of my brother and I discovered football in 1985 when it started to be broadcasted in France. Loved that game...

Then I saw someone called John Elway playing and I knew I was a Broncos fan . My bro turned to be a Giants fan because of LT (I mean, the REAL LT... lol).

For the records, my story was published some years ago in the Denver Post when they wanted to know about the Broncos foreign fans
                  Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

Born in 79. Grew up a fan of John Elway. Also was a fan of Barry Sanders and Bo Jackson. Since I live near Philly, they only had Giants, Steelers, or Eagles games on TV. Thankfully, the Broncos were great back then and I was able to watch the playoff games. I can just imagine how terrible my life wouldve been if the Raiders were the the team on TV when I was selecting my favorite team haha.

Steve Atwater and Dennis Smith quickly became my favorite Broncos of all time!

Comment

Madden by proxy.
                      My then 14 year old son bought the game in 04.
                      He had trouble figuring out the rules, so his old Mum came to rescue with the aid of NFL.com.
                      He became a fan of the Fins and wanted me to pick a team.
                      Being a fan of the soap Dynasty, I chose Denver!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                        Madden by proxy.
                        My then 14 year old son bought the game in 04.
                        He had trouble figuring out the rules, so his old Mum came to rescue with the aid of NFL.com.
                        He became a fan of the Fins and wanted me to pick a team.
                        Being a fan of the soap Dynasty, I chose Denver!
                        I guess it is a good thing Real Housewives of Atlanta wasn't on back then!
                        sigpic

Comment

Broncos was the first team I have ever heard of. I was staying the night at my uncles house. My whole family was poor.....I was on the wooden floor sleeping in the living room when I heard the front door open up. It was my uncles 2 sons...my cousins....the only thing I remember them saying was I didn't know the Broncos were that good. As far as I know they really don't watch football. So I'm guessing they had watched the Super Bowl because everyone watches the Superbowl. Which would be in 97-98. Which I don't remember my age at the time but sounds right.
                          Then many moons after that, one of my friends had got madden 2003 for ps2 and I picked the Broncos when we played against each other, and my love for them has been ever growing since. This is my 12th year as a Broncos man and have many more years to go. Through the ups and downs I will always be a fan.
                          Adopted 2015 Bronco $CHRIS HARRIS JR.$

Comment

Working...
                          X