Anyone ever met a Broncos player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever met a Broncos player?

I thought this would be a fun topic in the same vein as the "how you became a fan" thread.

Anyway, I have met 3 Broncos on 3 different occasions. The first was Mark Jackson in 1993 at a KFC. This was right before he went to the Giants. I walked up to him and said "New York, huh." He laughed and said he would miss the Colorado weather.

The second Bronco I met was Harald Hasselbach in 1997. He was eating lunch at a Subway where I worked. My goodness, he was the biggest human being I'd ever seen!

The last was only a few months ago when I had jury duty. I saw none other than the great Karl Mecklenburg. Very nice man. We talked for a little while about The Drive and how hard Elway threw the ball. He mentioned the infamous Elway cross that the tip of the football would make on receivers' skin.

So, what Broncos have you met?

Paul Martha used to hang out with my girlfriend's roommate.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I met Vance "no pants" Johnson at a mall here in the Springs back in the 90s. He was signing autographs. Met Bill Romanowski signing autographs after a game. Very nice guy and a sweet wife. She would go down the line in front of him and get you ready for him to sign your item.

Comment

I met John Lynch's wife.
        sigpic

Comment

Nope...closest I ever came to meeting an athlete of any kind was helping Matt Kenseth's (nascar driver) wife setup her internet over the phone when I was an internet tech.
          sigpic

Comment

Not sure if this qualifies as "met" but I played against Elway in high school.

Our "meetings" were him making me look foolish as a freshman OLB as he likely destroyed us by something like 40pts. That's how we lost most our games when we went across town to play the elite schools.

I did sack Tom Ramsey though. One of my few so I remember it. They probably only beat us by 20-30pts.

Off topic but i did meet a lot of old time Lakers though. Had a middle school coach with some kind of ties to the Lakers. Went a couple times on field trips to the Fabulous Forum. Met West, Chamberlain and Goodrich and most of the rest of the team.

Actually had a fantasy experience of shooting baskets on the Forum floor with Goodrich. My B-Ball idol at the time. Still makes me smile!
            Last edited by FR Tim; 08-27-2015, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Besides the obvioous autograph sessions, Ive been in Rod Smiths house. I know what youre all thinking, and Ill admit it was only once that I wasnt supposed to be there. The other times were legit :thumb:
              Last edited by VenomousDB; 08-27-2015, 12:55 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Met Kyle Orton and his wife at the Whole Foods on hampden, Met tyrone braxton buying a 40 at my liquor store over on 11th and syracuse (not a joke), Chris Kuper at a football camp my little brother was at. Didn't shake hands or anything with them, but was in the same bar (Zi, across from coors field) with McGahee and Knowshon (having a going away party, ironically), John Fox at the brewery I worked at, Ed McCaffery at a high school game of my brothers...thats about it.

Now that I think of it, thats a lot!

EDIT, wife remided me: Nate Webster at Park Meadows mall. She met Jay at Stampede (aka Trampede, sorry honey), and by meeting I mean he was pushing his way to the bar telling people "do you know who the bleep I am, move", haha. She told him she didn't care who he was, he had to wait behind her. He told her "I'm getting drinks for my friends" and she said "just dont give them to the other team for once"...oh how I love my wife.
                Last edited by CoryWinget81; 08-27-2015, 11:27 AM.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Oh i forgot. I worked at a busy car wash a long time ago, and Sydquan Thompson and Marcus Thomas tipped me in hot wings from hooters

Another guy, I cant think of his name for the life of me, but I instantly recognized him, and I think he was a little too high to be driving. I said Go Broncos and he didnt say anything. He didnt last long with us

Players from the Rockies and Nuggets and Avs always went in too. I remember Ubaldo Jimenez came in with his ugly "tricked out" hummer and was too cheap to leave a tip. JR smith gave me 40 bucks just to dry the outside of his car.
                  sigpic

Comment

Met Andre Goodman's Baby Mama at my Nephews Little Football League. She lives here locally in SC and she seen my father and I wearing our Broncos Stuff to a game and said her "husband" played for them and that his son playing in same league as my nephew. That was the year he got beat by Mark Sanchez when he played for the Jets in 2010 on a long throw for the winning TD. Wanted to ask her to ask him why he got lazy on that play but i kept my lips sealed.
                    Last edited by IHaveBRONC-itus; 08-27-2015, 11:51 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Peyton Manning smiled at me on TV and talks to me pre-snap.

Comment

Tyrone Braxton was my high school football coach and he was kind of a arrogant prick

Kevin Clark was also my coach and he was even bigger of a prick
                        Those are the only 2 ive met unfortunately

Comment

met rick Upchurch the year Little was inducted, he put on a BB camp here and my son attended
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

I have had lots of random encounters most from my Pee Wee football days. I met Gary Kubiak when i was a kid playing Pee Wee in the Bronco Bowl back when he was the OC. I met Champ Bailey in line at Chipotle. My brother met Rod Smith at Bear Creek Mens Club and got his autograph for me right after SB32 it is now hanging in my office. (so technically didn't meet him but reaped the rewards so close enough!!) Karl Mecklenburg came to one of my pee wee practices when i was a kid and taught us tackling super awesome. Last but certainly not least met Ray Crockett and Tyron Braxton at Broncos Football camp when I was a kid.
                            sigpic

Comment

Had lunch with Jacob Tamme and Virgil Green back in the 2012 off-season at the luncheon they have every year. Karl Mecklenburg was also there signing autographs, got to shake his hand. That's about it as far as meeting or talking to them. Been 3 ft. from Champ Bailey and Peyton. Gotten Stokley's autograph as well as plenty of others.

Comment

Working...
                              X