Our New Offense - I'm Really Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
    I wouldn't be too worried. Unless you yourself are inside the Broncos organization and were aware of their plan for the pre-season (i.e. testing out receivers, certain formations, etc), you can't possibly know what they were trying to do.

Less worrying, more patience.
    Yep, but I'm an impatient worrier. I know interneters love all roses and no thorns but that's not me. Sam detailed thoroughly above in post #78 how the 'mesh' may be problematic. That was a great post with links to Sam's other observations this preseason.

I can say for certain their plan for the first teamers in preseason was to look smooth, efficient and score points on every drive, that's every team in the NFL's plan. Experimenting, testing out receivers and formations is for practice.

I know people want roses without thorns, but the bottom line is two FG's with eleven possessions is weak for the preseason auditions.

OK, enough pessimism, the bright side is I think Sanders makes a huge difference to the offense. Cody Latimer cannot get open, no separation, no defense will look to double him with a safety. Sam said what a horrible double-move Latimer made on that nice Brock throw on the rollout. With Sanders opposite Thomas one of them is one on one all the time. How having Sanders back will 'mesh' with the 'mesh' offense we shall see as Sam says.

Comment

Originally posted by Acedude View Post
      Yep, but I'm an impatient worrier. I know interneters love all roses and no thorns but that's not me. Sam detailed thoroughly above in post #78 how the 'mesh' may be problematic. That was a great post with links to Sam's other observations this preseason.

I can say for certain their plan for the first teamers in preseason was to look smooth, efficient and score points on every drive, that's every team in the NFL's plan. Experimenting, testing out receivers and formations is for practice.

I know people want roses without thorns, but the bottom line is two FG's with eleven possessions is weak for the preseason auditions.

OK, enough pessimism, the bright side is I think Sanders makes a huge difference to the offense. Cody Latimer cannot get open, no separation, no defense will look to double him with a safety. Sam said what a horrible double-move Latimer made on that nice Brock throw on the rollout. With Sanders opposite Thomas one of them is one on one all the time. How having Sanders back will 'mesh' with the 'mesh' offense we shall see as Sam says.
      Dude, do this...Breathe in and Breathe out. There are really important things in the world to worry about. That's why they call this a game. I LOVE the Broncos but I don't worry about them. Not the same. So let's all just breathe.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
        I will reserve judgement until I see what they came up with. I'm not yet ready to toss the baby out with the bathwater. I just hope the bathwater is thrown out.
        I say the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by scottaud View Post
          Dude, do this...Breathe in and Breathe out. There are really important things in the world to worry about. That's why they call this a game. I LOVE the Broncos but I don't worry about them. Not the same. So let's all just breathe.
          It may be just a game to you but to others it's more than that and that's ok.

For me, the Broncos are an escape. It's a passion and always something to look forward to.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
            I will reserve judgement until I see what they came up with. I'm not yet ready to toss the baby out with the bathwater. I just hope the bathwater is thrown out.
            With all this bathroom talk, maybe we'll need a "plummer" in the end.

(is he even older than Peyton?????)

Comment

Some of the disrespect PM gets on here is disgusting. If you think he's done and want OZ then fine, but to bash him like some have done is poor imo

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                With all this bathroom talk, maybe we'll need a "plummer" in the end.

(is he even older than Peyton?????)
                Nice, very nice! :thumb:
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
                  Some of the disrespect PM gets on here is disgusting. If you think he's done and want OZ then fine, but to bash him like some have done is poor imo
                  You know I don't disrespect Peyton. I assume not, but your post came right after mine. I am completely behind him until he proves he can not lead us.....and so far, all is well on that front. Otherwise I agree with you if folks are down on him. All he has done is help turn us into a perennial contender, repeat divisional champ, and SB finalist, not to mention breaking records and being the MVP....after some considered him too old, too injured and just plain washed up. Three stellar years and yes, his injury last season diminished his skills for sure. But until I see anything similar to that, he is our leader, and I expect him to be our leader all season.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    You know I don't disrespect Peyton. I assume not, but your post came right after mine. I am completely behind him until he proves he can not lead us.....and so far, all is well on that front. Otherwise I agree with you if folks are down on him. All he has done is help turn us into a perennial contender, repeat divisional champ, and SB finalist, not to mention breaking records and being the MVP....after some considered him too old, too injured and just plain washed up. Three stellar years and yes, his injury last season diminished his skills for sure. But until I see anything similar to that, he is our leader, and I expect him to be our leader all season.
                    Exactly. No it wasn't directed at you.

I saw a few posts saying he can't throw the ball, should be in a nursing home, etc.......

Just no need for that imo

Comment

• Welp, has the confusion been cleared or is it even more confusing after the home opener?

I think not only are fans confused about the identity the Offense wants to be, the staff and Manning are also. It'll be interesting to see what identity they try on a short week going into a tough venue against a pretty good Chief defense.

Comment

• I like reviving old threads.

Comment

Working...
                        X