Let's talk Shaq Barrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk Shaq Barrett

What will be his New Jersey number? How many sacks is he son pace to have By years end if he were to start? I know he will not start over Miller or Ware but just speculation.

right around 10. id assume.
    Idk his jersery number.... thats completely irrelevant to production on the field, so i could really careless. Is Al Wilsons number taken ?
    :goz::helmet::helmet::helmet::goz:

Comment

Yep Shane Ray dawns that number.

90, 93 and 99 most likely or maybe 50 or 55?

Comment

He said he is staying at 48
        sigpic

Comment

Well crap.
          Guess im fine with #48.
          Any other Bronco greats share the number ?

Comment

George Coghill. Lmao

Comment

16 games id say 13 sacks minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
                George Coghill. Lmao
                4give me.
                Im a young fan. If its anywhere past the 98' season. Im completely clueless lmao.
                With that being said, i have high hopes for the man. Once D.Ware retires, or is shown the door. It'll be VERY intresting to watch him and Ray compete for that starting Edge spot.

Comment

George Coghill. Lmao
                  Hey George Coghill was the man. I'm friends with his step son, we played baseball/footballl together during the super bowl years.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                    Hey George Coghill was the man. I'm friends with his step son, we played baseball/footballl together during the super bowl years.
                    I was just kidding but yeah he was pretty solid.

So they keep asking how do we get back Barrett on the field more well here's an idea.

Shaq Barrett collected 5 sacks this preseason. 5 in 4 games, this guy is von Miller's backup so it seems impossible to get him on the field but heres a scenario.

I propose we let him rotate at left end while moving von anywhere along that defensive line kind of like a free safety making Von a hybrid free defensive end pass rushing linebacker from anywhere.

Blitz von up the middle like Lawrence Taylor. blitz him on the end like Derrick Thomas.
                    Free him up and let him roam the field while Barrett rushes from the left end position.

Thoughts anyone?

Comment

So they keep asking how do we get back Barrett on the field more well here's an idea.

Shaq Barrett collected 5 sacks this preseason. 5 in 4 games, this guy is von Miller's backup so it seems impossible to get him on the field but heres a scenario.

I propose we let him rotate at left end while moving von anywhere along that defensive line kind of like a free safety making Von a hybrid free defensive end pass rushing linebacker from anywhere.

Blitz von up the middle like Lawrence Taylor. blitz him on the end like Derrick Thomas.
                      Free him up and let him roam the field while Barrett rushes from the left end position.

Thoughts anyone?
                      Seems legit, only thing i see happening is it become predictable. Like the personal will scream " BLITZ COMING " to the other team, but they just have to find out where its coming from. The good ones will burn us there. But dang... Barret, Ware, Miller, and Ray being on the field at the same time... ? QBs would audible to quick hitches, or slants all game long lol

Comment

Thoughts anyone?
                        Backups play all the time. Especially LBs. they get rotated. It will be far from impossible to get him on the field.

He will rotate at OLB with the Millers, Wares, and Rays of the team. Which is where he belongs. Not switching out with the 300lb Malik Jackson or Derek Wolfe. He is an OLB in the 3-4 defense, not an end.

Von will not be a free safety and he does not play on the defensive line. Outside backer. While he will line up on the LOS, he is not by definition a lineman. He already blitzes all gaps from a to c.

Von is not best suited to roam the field. He is best on the LOS where he can engage OL. Either ending up with a sack, a TFL, or forcing the run back inside with containment.

Comment

I imagine what Rex Ryan would do with this defence.
                          Could you imagine Sly being in the dirt, with Ware, Von, Ray, Barret ( Trev,or Marshall ) all standing around waiting to blitz. Would truley be a scarey D. Especially with whos on the outside, with TJ patrolling the middle of the field. So excited to have Denvers D in Fantasy

Comment

Originally posted by DEN4EVER View Post
                            I imagine what Rex Ryan would do with this defence.
                            Could you imagine Sly being in the dirt, with Ware, Von, Ray, Barret ( Trev,or Marshall ) all standing around waiting to blitz. Would truley be a scarey D. Especially with whos on the outside, with TJ patrolling the middle of the field. So excited to have Denvers D in Fantasy
                            Rex Ryan lol
                            We have wades D. And from what we can see it's going to be scary. No need to speculate about other coordinators. Personally i think wade is a perfect fit
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm eager to see Shaq play against a first team O. It appears that his motor and explosiveness would still be effective.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                              X