X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 2 PFF grades

Offense

http://www.imgur.com/sbiDzBa

Another rough outing for Manning and the OL.. Top three grades went to DT, Sanders, and Virgil. Those were also the only 3 positive grades the offense had at all.

Only Paradis and Harris were in the negative for pass blocking. However, the cumulative run block was -12!!!! safe to say our pass blocking is okay but run blocking is horrid.

Bringing up the rear were Harris at -6.8, and both Manning and Owen Daniels tied with -2.3

Defense

https://www.imgur.com/t3glnOZ

Look at that! Sly Williams leading the defense, with a great game in run defense. Von would have had a great game, but lost some points due to his penalties. 2 sacks and 4 hurries are reat though. Aqib Talib and Vance Walker complete the top 3. Marshall, Kilgo, and Ware finish up at the bottom.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 09-18-2015, 10:51 AM.

I disagree with the pass blocking being ok. It wasn't.

The PFF metrics don't account for PM going to the gun which have him more space and time to throw yet he was still hurried.

Regardless, I could have never imagined a more concerning line after last years OL problems, yet here we are.

Comment

Listen to Mark Schlereth and he'll also tell you that the pass blocking blows!! I'd love it if Elway would call Alex Gibbs and beg him to come back as a consultant and help us with the line. Give him anything he wants.
      Last edited by broncoslover115; 09-18-2015, 11:21 AM.
      Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

How can Ware be near the bottom, he was always around the ball and QB and just got beat to the sacks/tackles by other guys. I thought he was a handful most of the night.

Comment

I can see DT being at the top. He really stepped up and had some huge catches. Game ball play

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
            How can Ware be near the bottom, he was always around the ball and QB and just got beat to the sacks/tackles by other guys. I thought he was a handful most of the night.
            D-Ware got hammered on the last rushing TD which was his lane and responsibility according to PFF. The hard part for PFF to understand is what the playcall was. If it was a "Sell out to rush the passer" type call then Ware did the right thing. If it was "Play the run on the way to the passer" or "play run" then he utterly failed.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
              I'm guessing penalties and run defense killed him. I believe the Knile Davis run was at his side.

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

Fair enough, I didn't pay close attention to him all game and PFF are normally pretty good. I just noticed he got into the back-field with the others quite often

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                  Listen to Mark Schlereth and he'll also tell you that the pass blocking blows!! I'd love it if Elway would call Alex Gibbs and beg him to come back as a consultant and help us with the line. Give him anything he wants.
                  I'm curious why they haven't brought in Schlereth as an offensive line consultant or something like that...I understand why Gibbs didn't come back due to his relationship with Gase,even though they should try and patch it up,but I'm really surprised they haven't brought in Schlereth in...

This team isn't going anywhere,until this offensive line is fixed.
                  I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                    This team isn't going anywhere,until this offensive line is fixed.
                    Agreed. We can't expect the D to pull us out of the fire every single week. Run blocking: awful. Pass blocking: not much better...Peyton can't always release the ball in under 1.5 seconds
                    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
                    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
                    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers :dance:

Comment

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Gary Kubiak said DeMarcus Ware was defensive player of game

Comment

Gibbs won't be an option. I seem to have read somewhere he did some consulting for the Seahawks and offended people. I am sure Kubiak has who he wants working with the line and it will take time. My gripe is we didn't build a better line for this year. I know though it takes awhile to accomplish this and its not easy. At least we could run the ball last year and Manning wasn't munched on every play. They have another week to prepare but we will need to see some run production against Detroit -and they also have a very good defense. As far as grades, most of the guys could care less and especially Manning. Given what he was able to do despite the line issues should give him a passing grade.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLumberjacks View Post
                          I can see DT being at the top. He really stepped up and had some huge catches. Game ball play
                          Haha he had to because that rookie owned him for most of the night up until a certain point.

Comment

So is Ryan Harris the worst tackle in the league? -6.8 in a single game, I haven't seen futility like that in a long time.

To think Jake Long was signed for only $1.1M.

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedInOrange View Post
                              So is Ryan Harris the worst tackle in the league? -6.8 in a single game, I haven't seen futility like that in a long time.

To think Jake Long was signed for only $1.1M.
                              He is pretty terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X