• Our D though 2 weeks.

so thru 2 games our D has...
    6 sacks
    4 INTS
    3 recovered fumbles.
    2 Touchdowns.
    25 total points.
    314 yrds to the chiefs and 173 to Balt.
    for a lowsly total of 487 yards for TWO games.
    On AVG TOTAL YRDS ALLOWED / GAME is - 243.5yrds.

(Feel free to post any other stats that you think are relative to show how good this D is becoming.)
    Ive never seen a D this good, here in Denver. As im a young fan. Golly gee WIZ are those some stats tho. Youd kinda expect the sack numbers, but the points, yards allowed, and INTS are mindblowing for me for some reason. Even when we had Tebow we we'rnt this opportunistic with the Turnovers. Cant wait too see what this D does to average level talent.

Heres to a season fulla crushing Defense

imagine those averages when we actually play a basement deweller....like the Raiders!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      imagine those averages when we actually play a basement deweller....like the Raiders!
      Is it wrong for me to look foward to those kinds of games ?

Comment

Not allowing a TD in the Ravens game. But more importantly, not allowing the Ravens to get into the RZ until the end of the game.

Didn't allow a 3rd down conversion in KC. 0-7. Only allowed 2 3rd downs in the Ravens game. In 2 games only allowed 2 3rd down conversions. Holy smokes.

This defense feels more smothering than Seattle's and the Bills.
        Last edited by broncoslover115; 09-18-2015, 06:15 PM.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
          Not allowing a TD in the Ravens game. But more importantly, not allowing the Ravens to get into the RZ until the end of the game.

Didn't allow a 3rd down conversion in KC. 0-7
          Awsome, forgot about those . Cp's your way.

Comment

Originally posted by DEN4EVER View Post
            Awsome, forgot about those . Cp's your way.
            I also added that in 2 games - only allowed 2 3rd downs. That is an astounding stat.
            Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

And Peyton Manning coming through with HOF plays when it really counts.

This is a HUGE credit to Wade Phillips, and something of an indictment of jack del rio's "Prevent" style defense. This is the kind of Defense that takes teams to Championships. And if we can get a handle on the Offensive Line, we'll see the Offense only get better under Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by DEN4EVER View Post
                Is it wrong for me to look foward to those kinds of games ?

no, it is Oh SO right!!!!!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

One thing Wade Phillips will want to address is that they allowed 144 yards rushing from KC. It's important for Denver to stop/inhibit the run to force teams to pass. That plays into the strength of this D which has a great pass rush and Secondary. Offense needs to score to give extra incentive for the opposing team to throw more.

All the other good stats in the OP are great and this group is getting off to a good start. They do need to eliminate the penalties, though.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

The defense has been AS ADVERTISED, but let's also remember we played 2 average offenses.

If I were to find something to gripe about: in each game, when the game was on the line... Late 4th quarter... Both BAL and KC were able to march down the field at will. What will NE, INDY, and PIT do to us with the game on the line?

The defense seems vulnerable to the run up the middle. We lack interior beef... This might come back to bite us as the season drags on and we wear down...

TEs seem to be making plays on us.

Still, unlike previous years... We are forcing turnovers and making plays. WAde and his 3-4 is perfect for our personnel. The secondary is incredible. The pass rush is relentless. We are dominant on third downs and against the pass. If we get out ahead of teams... Turn off the lights.

Odd thing of the first 2 games: defense great all game but stumble a the end. Offense just the opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      The defense has been AS ADVERTISED, but let's also remember we played 2 average offenses.

If I were to find something to gripe about: in each game, when the game was on the line... Late 4th quarter... Both BAL and KC were able to march down the field at will. What will NE, INDY, and PIT do to us with the game on the line?

The defense seems vulnerable to the run up the middle. We lack interior beef... This might come back to bite us as the season drags on and we wear down...

TEs seem to be making plays on us.

Still, unlike previous years... We are forcing turnovers and making plays. WAde and his 3-4 is perfect for our personnel. The secondary is incredible. The pass rush is relentless. We are dominant on third downs and against the pass. If we get out ahead of teams... Turn off the lights.

Odd thing of the first 2 games: defense great all game but stumble a the end. Offense just the opposite.
                      Maybe so but Baltimore was pretty good on offense last year. They were poor defensively but offensively they were top 10.

I would feel comfortable pitting our D up against anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        Maybe so but Baltimore was pretty good on offense last year. They were poor defensively but offensively they were top 10.

I would feel comfortable pitting our D up against anyone.

This is certainly the best defense we've had in a long time. No doubt, against BAL they bent but ultimately won the game. And, that final KC drive was due in part to another horrible 35 yard punt from Can't-kick Colquitt.

I can't wait for this defense to get after Brady... Let's see what happens when the Patsies come to DEN.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                          This is certainly the best defense we've had in a long time. No doubt, against BAL they bent but ultimately won the game. And, that final KC drive was due in part to another horrible 35 yard punt from Can't-kick Colquitt.

I can't wait for this defense to get after Brady... Let's see what happens when the Patsies come to DEN.
                          I don't think this d is going to be that good against Brady. We get edge pressure, which Brady is unfazed by, and his release is so fast.

Hopefully we find the balance that beats their O
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't think this d is going to be that good against Brady. We get edge pressure, which Brady is unfazed by, and his release is so fast.

I think we do, and can, get pressure all around!

I think Sly will continue to improve and help with that interior push, he's had 2 pretty good games this year. We'll also have Wolfe back. Those two plus Jackson, with Anunike, Walker, and Smith rotating in should provide decent interior pressure!

Comment

I feel the same way... Which is why I hope we bring Von up the middle sometimes...

Brady will dink and dunk to Edelman and Gronk will make plays... Still, NE doesn't have those corners... And we have a bunch of cover guys...

I did see sly getting some pressure tho... Will need that from our DTs.

Comment

Working...
                              X