Our D though 2 weeks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old offense/newdefense...

Here is my thought; was our old offense so bad? Or was our defense so awful that the offense had to score last for us to win and score a lot of points? Use what worked out of the old offense and combine it with the new defense and maybe we win a championship. Of course we need to run the ball and we did often in 2013/2014, that how Anderson racked up the yards. We have to keep working on the line and the running game but lets not throw out what did work for the offense because we were a very good team with it even though we had a defense that couldn't stop anyone! Now we have the defense and I would hate to see us not use what we have right now that gives us our best chance.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      I don't think this d is going to be that good against Brady. We get edge pressure, which Brady is unfazed by, and his release is so fast.

Hopefully we find the balance that beats their O
      You might want to revisit Super Bowls XLII and XLVI.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

[QUOTE=fraguela09;5236578]The defense has been AS ADVERTISED, but let's also remember we played 2 average offenses.

Still, unlike previous years... We are forcing turnovers and making plays. WAde and his 3-4 is perfect for our personnel. The secondary is incredible. The pass rush is relentless. We are dominant on third downs and against the pass. If we get out ahead of teams... Turn off the lights.

Totally agree. Now I must add in 1977. I was an usher for a charity group at mile high , for the bronco games.at Mile High. This reminds me of the "Orange Crush " A dominating defense. So I ask , Why do I read in the paper this morning that a writer wants to have a contest naming the Defense. ?

This makes me unhappy as we always had a name for the Defense. ORANGE CRUSH ! Many players have strived to achieve this level of play. This year I believe we exceed them. I vote to keep the name the same, I went from Mile High to Invesco. Lets get behind "ORANGE CRUSH ".

I write seldom, but read all. This just ticked me off while I was drinking morning coffee.
        Last edited by colowoz; 09-18-2015, 10:15 PM.

Comment

The personal was there for the most part on the defensive side of the ball last season. The difference was in the scheme and the coaching. Del Rio will drop back into coverage rather than blitz a lot. The players were better suited for the 3 4 than The 4 3 which Fox and Del Rio prefers.
          sigpic

Comment

Our defense has been top 10 for 2 of the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
              The personal was there for the most part on the defensive side of the ball last season. The difference was in the scheme and the coaching. Del Rio will drop back into coverage rather than blitz a lot. The players were better suited for the 3 4 than The 4 3 which Fox and Del Rio prefers.
              Fox hired Vic Fangio to run an odd front D in Chicago.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
                The personal was there for the most part on the defensive side of the ball last season. The difference was in the scheme and the coaching. Del Rio will drop back into coverage rather than blitz a lot. The players were better suited for the 3 4 than The 4 3 which Fox and Del Rio prefers PREVENT D.
                fixed that for you.

They had to because they were timid on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                  I feel the same way... Which is why I hope we bring Von up the middle sometimes...

Brady will dink and dunk to Edelman and Gronk will make plays... Still, NE doesn't have those corners... And we have a bunch of cover guys...

I did see sly getting some pressure tho... Will need that from our DTs.
                  I saw at least one play where Von came up the middle on a stunt from the weak side.

Phillips will use all the tricks and move our guys around if for nothing more than to keep the offense guessing where the pressure is coming from.

Comment

My thought is Wade has some plans for other teams and he will want to shore up the run defense as well. He has brought some killer instinct to the defense and that's marvelous. Was there anything cuter than seeing Manning hug Phillips after the game? Next up, another quality team, Detroit and we better smother Stafford from beginning to end.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      Our defense has been top 10 for 2 of the last 3 years.

points allowed.

Code:
                      Rk 	Team 	G 	Pts/G 	TotPts 	Scrm Plys 	Yds/G 	Yds/P 	1st/G 	3rd Md 	3rd Att 	3rd Pct 	4th Md 	4th Att 	4th Pct 	Pen 	Pen Yds 	ToP/G 	FUM 	Lost
                      4 	Denver Broncos 	16 	18.1 	289 	1,015 	290.8 	4.6 	17.9 	66 	216 	31 	7 	18 	39 	123 	951 	28:44 	23 	8 
                      22 	Denver Broncos 	16 	24.9 	399 	1,074 	356.0 	5.3 	21.2 	83 	218 	38 	4 	15 	27 	97 	807 	30:18 	25 	9 
                      16 	Denver Broncos 	16 	22.1 	354 	1,031 	305.2 	4.7 	19.4 	81 	222 	36 	10 	17 	59 	103 	816 	29:36 	21 	7
                      yards allowed
                      Code:
                      Rk 	Team 	G 	Pts/G 	TotPts 	Scrm Plys 	Yds/G 	Yds/P 	1st/G 	3rd Md 	3rd Att 	3rd Pct 	4th Md 	4th Att 	4th Pct 	Pen 	Pen Yds 	ToP/G 	FUM 	Lost
                      2 	Denver Broncos 	16 	18.1 	289 	1,015 	290.8 	4.6 	17.9 	66 	216 	31 	7 	18 	39 	123 	951 	28:44 	23 	8 
                      19 	Denver Broncos 	16 	24.9 	399 	1,074 	356.0 	5.3 	21.2 	83 	218 	38 	4 	15 	27 	97 	807 	30:18 	25 	9 
                      3 	Denver Broncos 	16 	22.1 	354 	1,031 	305.2 	4.7 	19.4 	81 	222 	36 	10 	17 	59 	103 	816 	29:36 	21 	7
                      not sure which sorting model you have used but:
                      Points which is perhaps the BIGGEST stat of all shows 4th, 12th and 16th

Yards which IMO is a pretty useless stat is 2nd , 19th and 3rd.

Pick your poison.

Either measurement shows a wide variation. Points which means win or lose showed a steady decline, year after year. With the decline after JDR took over.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                        imagine those averages when we actually play a basement deweller....like the Raiders!
                        in years past we would have 45+ points and a gazillion yards laid in the game because our coaches would look past bottom feeders.

Lets hope Gary and his group do better.

Comment

The problem is, if you run no-huddle every snap you're going to put the defense back on the field quicker, which in turn wears down the pass rush and the man-coverage we're doing effectively.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                            I saw at least one play where Von came up the middle on a stunt from the weak side.

Phillips will use all the tricks and move our guys around if for nothing more than to keep the offense guessing where the pressure is coming from.
                            Wonder how long till we see, Von, Ware, Ray and Barret on the field at anyone given time, talk about QBs with receding balls. What a scary concept.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                              This is certainly the best defense we've had in a long time. No doubt, against BAL they bent but ultimately won the game. And, that final KC drive was due in part to another horrible 35 yard punt from Can't-kick Colquitt.

I can't wait for this defense to get after Brady... Let's see what happens when the Patsies come to DEN.
                              I thought for sure he was a goner this year.

but he wet himself and accepted a cheap contract and NOW we will see these types of punts when the going gets tuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                                The problem is, if you run no-huddle every snap you're going to put the defense back on the field quicker, which in turn wears down the pass rush and the man-coverage we're doing effectively.
                                seems to me in the Ravens game we had an almost 11 minute drive near the end of the game.

IF they can get the OL firing on all FIVE cylinders they can eat clock and tire the Defense down for longer drives in all quarters, Especially at mile high.

Comment

Working...
                                X