Our D though 2 weeks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
    seems to me in the Ravens game we had an almost 11 minute drive near the end of the game.

IF they can get the OL firing on all FIVE cylinders they can eat clock and tire the Defense down for longer drives in all quarters, Especially at mile high.
    But they were running a traditional offense at the end of the Ravens game - not no-huddle.

And if they could get the OL firing on all cylinders, there wouldn't need to be a discussion about no-huddle.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trc1962 View Post
      Here is my thought; was our old offense so bad? Or was our defense so awful that the offense had to score last for us to win and score a lot of points? Use what worked out of the old offense and combine it with the new defense and maybe we win a championship. Of course we need to run the ball and we did often in 2013/2014, that how Anderson racked up the yards. We have to keep working on the line and the running game but lets not throw out what did work for the offense because we were a very good team with it even though we had a defense that couldn't stop anyone! Now we have the defense and I would hate to see us not use what we have right now that gives us our best chance.
      It wasn't that our old offense was bad. Indeed, one year it was record breaking. But, it is a finesse offense, one that generally hasn't worked well in the postseason. If we can't run, we're in trouble. Our D is killer, but what happens when we face truly elite teams like Green Bay, Seattle, or NE?

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        Not allowing a TD in the Ravens game. But more importantly, not allowing the Ravens to get into the RZ until the end of the game.

Didn't allow a 3rd down conversion in KC. 0-7. Only allowed 2 3rd downs in the Ravens game. In 2 games only allowed 2 3rd down conversions. Holy smokes.

This defense feels more smothering than Seattle's and the Bills.
        thats wicked, only Two 3rd - down conversions in 2 games. Last year we give up Two 3rd-15 conversions back to back, in the same drive. we aint having that this year,

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
        The defense has been AS ADVERTISED, but let's also remember we played 2 average offenses.

If I were to find something to gripe about: in each game, when the game was on the line... Late 4th quarter... Both BAL and KC were able to march down the field at will. What will NE, INDY, and PIT do to us with the game on the line?

The defense seems vulnerable to the run up the middle. We lack interior beef... This might come back to bite us as the season drags on and we wear down...

TEs seem to be making plays on us.

Still, unlike previous years... We are forcing turnovers and making plays. WAde and his 3-4 is perfect for our personnel. The secondary is incredible. The pass rush is relentless. We are dominant on third downs and against the pass. If we get out ahead of teams... Turn off the lights.

Odd thing of the first 2 games: defense great all game but stumble a the end. Offense just the opposite.
        Your right about teams driving on us late in the 4th QTR, but i think this is a stamina thing. Our O did nothing to stay on the field for most of the game ( except the 80yrd Game Tying TD drive ) As our O gets better, and manages to put long drives together ( 65+ yards ) itll help keep the D fresh, and (ware) out theirs. I think the 144 yards by Charles isnt as alarming as it seems. Its literally the only thing they we're able to do on us the entire game, and obviously a big part of their game plan ( as it should be having a good back like Charles )

Comment

take it with a grain of salt. We're the only team besides KC to play 2 games. but hey ! ill take pretty stats and a 2-0 record ( 1-0 in division )

NFL.com Stats.

Total Defense
          1. Balt. - 219
          2. Denver - 243
          3. Bengals - 246
          4. 9er's - 248
          5. redskins - 256 ( surprising to see them here )

We're ranked #1 in Passing yards allowed p/game.
          @ 135

21st in run D :coffe:

Comment

Originally posted by DEN4EVER View Post
            take it with a grain of salt. We're the only team besides KC to play 2 games. but hey ! ill take pretty stats and a 2-0 record ( 1-0 in division )

NFL.com Stats.

Total Defense
            1. Balt. - 219
            2. Denver - 243
            3. Bengals - 246
            4. 9er's - 248
            5. redskins - 256 ( surprising to see them here )

We're ranked #1 in Passing yards allowed p/game.
            @ 135

21st in run D :coffe:
            Which means our stats will only look better when everyone else plays their games!

Comment

The big concern this year will be the run D, and we Charles had a good outing. The question is will be how long can our pass rushers produce, before they wear down?
              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                Which means our stats will only look better when everyone else plays their games!
                Very very true, cant wait to see how we stack up *after week 2 ahahaha.

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
                The big concern this year will be the run D, and we Charles had a good outing. The question is will be how long can our pass rushers produce, before they wear down?
                The big concern for this year has to be o-line, nothing on D screams concern to me. IMO tho. Stewert is the only ? mark IMO, and hes coming up HUGE in crunch time in Weeks 1 & 2.

That is the question with all players, just the nature of the game. Everbody wears down by the end of the year, which are why some injuries are catastrophic.
                Last edited by DEN4EVER; 09-19-2015, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                  imagine those averages when we actually play a basement deweller....like the Raiders!

Don't jinx us!

I still cannot believe Oak with J. Russell
                  at the helm beat us.

LOL
                  Last edited by mozzerpete; 09-19-2015, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X