Time to start Hillman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to start Hillman

He looks quicker, can hit the edges, and offers big play ability. CJ behind this OL is just not going to get it done. Hillman's ability to get to the edge will keep the LBs off the line and honest. KC was able to crowd everything with CJ in there.

Time to flip the roles and make Hillman the lead back and CJ the 3rd down back.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    He looks quicker, can hit the edges, and offers big play ability. CJ behind this OL is just not going to get it done. Hillman's ability to get to the edge will keep the LBs off the line and honest. KC was able to crowd everything with CJ in there.

Time to flip the roles and make Hillman the lead back and CJ the 3rd down back.
    What edges did he hit on Thursday? Unless you mean the edges of Justin Houston's pads.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
      What edges did he hit on Thursday? Unless you mean the edges of Justin Houston's pads.
      2nd QRT 16 yard run off LT

Comment

2nd QRT 16 yard run off LT
        Ok, I do remember that now. Sambrailo pulled out as the lead blocker. That was a good play.

Comment

IMO CJ's injury is effecting him more then he admits.

He does not have that quickness that I saw last year in the preseason and in the regular season.

We should play Hillman and Thompson until he heals.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I haven't gotten on the C.J. train yet...he did well in 8 games last year. Just 1 half of a season. So I wasn't estastic as some others were about him. I like hillman after we drafted him. I like speed backs, don't believe we have had one since tatum bell. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The fumbles have had me worried in the past, but so far in the pre-season and the last two games he has held on. I don't remember the last time he fumbled. Right now he looks like the better back to fit the part. I'm all for him getting the start, and also letting thompson get some runs in. I would have really liked us to use him on that 4th and 1....might have have been to obvious though if they would have seen thompson on 4th and 1. I would preferred the field goal even more though.
            LET HILLMAN RUN!!!
            Adopted 2015 Bronco $CHRIS HARRIS JR.$

Comment

I really don't see much of a difference between the 2 at this point. Neither is running for much. Here are the runs each had this past game:

hillman CJ
              16 14
              7 11
              7 3
              3 1
              1 1
              0 0
              0 0
              0 0
              0 0
              not a lot of difference there
              sigpic

Comment

C.J. Anderson was banged up at KC. He'll probably start at Detroit with Ronnie Hillman filling in. I'm looking forward to seeing Juwan Thompson close out a game during a four-minute drill.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

2 games into the season you don't change things too much. As far as CJ being banged up, he has extra time until the next game to be closer to 100%, no need to make a change at this time. Hillman is getting close to the same carries as CJ anyway, again too early to make any change.

The issue with the running game so far is an OL that is mostly young and inexperienced with each other. It will take a few more games to make any conclusions about the potential this OL has. I hope they will start to gel in the next game or two, it would be nice to see a more productive running game.

Oh yeah, the Broncos are 2-0 and played 2 pretty good team 4 days apart.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                    I really don't see much of a difference between the 2 at this point. Neither is running for much. Here are the runs each had this past game:

hillman CJ
                    16 14
                    7 11
                    7 3
                    3 1
                    1 1
                    0 0
                    0 0
                    0 0
                    0 0
                    not a lot of difference there
                    It is more than that, our offense in general is more effective with him back there. He was a big component of the long drive vs Balt and the 2nd qrt drive vs KC. These are the only good balanced drives our offense has put together. Others are 2 minute drives with no running or points off of turnovers.

Comment

It is more than that, our offense in general is more effective with him back there. He was a big component of the long drive vs Balt and the 2nd qrt drive vs KC. These are the only good balanced drives our offense has put together. Others are 2 minute drives with no running or points off of turnovers.
                      Hillman carried the ball twice, on a 10 play drive, on that drive against KC...wouldn't exactly call that a big component nor balanced
                      sigpic

Comment

It's kinda hard to run the ball when the D-Line is in the back field when the ball is handed to you, just saying.

Comment

Hillman WILL NOT last an entire season as a starter. Too small. He'll take a beating behind that line.

Comment

The lines blocking is the problem, not CJ. He has done well when he had actual holes to run through.
                            sigpic

Comment

For those who read this message board regularly, it will be stating the obvious to point out how ironic the title of this thread is. Three months ago there were quite a few who expected Ronnie Hillman to be released. In fact, there were those who confidently predicted it in no uncertain terms. The same can be said for Andre Caldwell. Where is that magic prediction tracker?
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                              X