Why not start Max Garcia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not start Max Garcia

The offensive line has looks like bird doo doo. Im so curious to see what kubiak is going to do next with the offense.

I know Mathis is an all pro but Denver should go back to the same oline they worked with on all throughout training camp. They look totally out of sync so far. Maybe some familiarity might work.

Originally posted by swinginhorseman View Post
    The offensive line has looks like bird doo doo. Im so curious to see what kubiak is going to do next with the offense.

I know Mathis is an all pro but Denver should go back to the same oline they worked with on all throughout training camp. They look totally out of sync so far. Maybe some familiarity might work.
    maybe some time playing together as a unit might work too..........
    sigpic

Comment

Hard to justify benching an experienced Pro Bowler for a Rookie based on two games.

Mathis had some bad moments against the Chiefs but I am hoping he's still just shaking the rust off. Remember he didn't participate in any OTAs or training camp for anybody, never mind the Broncos.
      sigpic

TZ

Comment

As hard as it is to believe that a player who had no offseason program, no real training camp and didn't get any reps during the preseason is struggling, perhaps there's a chance that he will get better as he gets more reps? But that's just me thinking outside the box...

Comment

Not unless he's replacing Ryan Harris

Comment

Can't see benching a pro bowler who hasn't had much opportunity to adjust and really hasn't had much of a chance to get used to anything. If after the full practice week I think he will look better.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              As hard as it is to believe that a player who had no offseason program, no real training camp and didn't get any reps during the preseason is struggling, perhaps there's a chance that he will get better as he gets more reps? But that's just me thinking outside the box...
              Gotta love the microwave society.
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                Not unless he's replacing Ryan Harris
                Yes sir, I honestly can't see the benefits of starting Harris over Schofield. Scho can't be much worse.
                A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                  Yes sir, I honestly can't see the benefits of starting Harris over Schofield. Scho can't be much worse.
                  And Schofield can still get better where as Harris has only regressed since his injury that ended his previous stint here.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    And Schofield can still get better where as Harris has only regressed since his injury that ended his previous stint here.
                    Schofield will be starting at some point, Harris hasn't played well enough to keep a starting spot for over 5 years.

Comment

I didn't see the need for Mathis in the first place. It was Harris and Ty that were having problems in the preseason and from reports out of camp... If anything we should have tried to find a Left or Right Tackle instead of Mathis....

But what do I know after all I thought CJ should have been starting when Moreno was here and Harris should have been starting when we had Porter back there wiffing at air...I also thought Malik Jackson > Wolfe back when they were Rookies... Yeah I'm nuts...

Comment

Replacing a player that makes mistakes with an inferior player is not the answer.

Scholfield looked terrible in pre-season. If the coaches thought he was the answer, he'd be playing. He's been around that camp for 2-years; there is a reason he is not starting.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                          Replacing a player that makes mistakes with an inferior player is not the answer.

Scholfield looked terrible in pre-season. If the coaches thought he was the answer, he'd be playing. He's been around that camp for 2-years; there is a reason he is not starting.
                          CJ Anderson, Chris Harris, Danny Trevethan, Malik Jackson, even DT all didn't start in the first year, some into their second or third years. Schofield was getting reps with ones when his back flared up and he didn't practice for a week. Declaring him a inferior player has no backing.

Comment

I might be wrong, but I'm thinking that a big part of grabbing Mathis was to put some expereince let along pro bowl experience inside 2 rookies (rookies as in never played a snap in a nfl game) on that side of the line rather than having all three positions be rookies. I'm thinking that will pay off as we gel. I also think the 10 days off will.
                            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                              I might be wrong, but I'm thinking that a big part of grabbing Mathis was to put some expereince let along pro bowl experience inside 2 rookies (rookies as in never played a snap in a nfl game) on that side of the line rather than having all three positions be rookies. I'm thinking that will pay off as we gel. I also think the 10 days off will.
                              I think it was more that Max and Matt played well but we had nothing behind them so signing Mathis gives us an upgrade at guard and an upgrade at backup swing G/C.

Comment

Working...
                              X