Bruton over ward???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruton over ward???

Maybe I'm being silly. B4 the season I started a thread Bruton gets the start week 1 or something like that. I was excited for him. I had my doubts about Stewart and I was told that Bruton belongs where he is. I was wrong about Stewart so far I'll admit that. Well in the past 3 games Bruton has came up real big for us in 2 games and in limited play I must add. I've seen other posters say that Bruton is performing better than ward. I know Bruton will never get the start over ward. Ward supposedly was pro bowl talent, but What I have seen from him doesn't seem like pro bowl talent. He has been lacking in big plays. Although he is consistent and a sure tackler. So I've rambled on long enough....time to get to the point. Who out there Would like Bruton to start over ward. Yes, I probably am crazy for even insisting it. Lol.
    Adopted 2015 Bronco $CHRIS HARRIS JR.$

It's not crazy to suggest....either way look at it this way, We got DEPTH at the position, and finally a new defensive MINDSET, instead of the bend don't break philosophy, this defense attacks.

Comment

Originally posted by majicman067 View Post
      Maybe I'm being silly. B4 the season I started a thread Bruton gets the start week 1 or something like that. I was excited for him. I had my doubts about Stewart and I was told that Bruton belongs where he is. I was wrong about Stewart so far I'll admit that. Well in the past 3 games Bruton has came up real big for us in 2 games and in limited play I must add. I've seen other posters say that Bruton is performing better than ward. I know Bruton will never get the start over ward. Ward supposedly was pro bowl talent, but What I have seen from him doesn't seem like pro bowl talent. He has been lacking in big plays. Although he is consistent and a sure tackler. So I've rambled on long enough....time to get to the point. Who out there Would like Bruton to start over ward. Yes, I probably am crazy for even insisting it. Lol.
      Absolutely not. Bruton has done ok at safety and is a special teams ace, but too often he looks lost on defense. He made a nice pick Sunday night, but blew his coverage a few other times. Ward is the better option.

Comment

I think Denver's coaches want to play as many active players as possible on offense and defense, especially the latter.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Nah ward cant cover as good as bruton but ward is your enforcer hes the run stuffer with limited covering capabilities but i love how they are using bruton and even roby is on the field more

Comment

According to PFF both Ward (-1.2) and Bruton (-1.1) graded out negative against the pass vs Det.

With everyone else I have a memory of Buton being real bad against pass coverage but I think the way he has been used in this defense makes him look better then anything I have seen before.

Bruton is not ideal, nor Ward, but I feel they both can make plays.

What really seperates Ward is his ability to make offensive plays become negative plays or no gain in the run game. Ward is credited with 5 stops in 2 games. Bruton has 3 in 3 games.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I think Ward is better at playing the run than Bruton. I would use him on early downs and bring in Bruton in the nickle packages. Bruton appears to be able to hang better with TE's and is much better than Ward in coverage.
              sigpic
              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Ward is a beast.
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

They are suited to different situations, if its third and 5 + I would put Bruton on, otherwise I play Ward. TJ is not as bad in coverage as some people think, but his strength is in the box. Against Detroit he kept crashing down and hitting the RB's for no/minimal gains, he also gives the D a physical presence.

I love Ward, he does a lot for this D, but Bruton is playing well to. As someone said, they will both get their snaps

Comment

to bad w cant combine them into 1 bc as others have pointed out ward better vs the run n bruton better in coverage...

Comment

I did see Bruton get beat bad one time for sure. He tried to under cut the tight end and deflect the ball. He missed
                      Ed it and the tight end caught it and turned up field For a huge gain. And Eric Ebron beat him deep Middle but I think that was more to do with Ebron he looks fast. He's the one that caught Harris on blocked pat. If not for that I believe Harris scores
                      Adopted 2015 Bronco $CHRIS HARRIS JR.$

Comment

Bruton's our special teams ace! He made a great play last week, however I still think he's too much of a liability in pass coverage. Especially against the Tom Bradys and Aaron Rodgers of the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                          According to PFF both Ward (-1.2) and Bruton (-1.1) graded out negative against the pass vs Det.

With everyone else I have a memory of Buton being real bad against pass coverage but I think the way he has been used in this defense makes him look better then anything I have seen before.

Bruton is not ideal, nor Ward, but I feel they both can make plays.

What really seperates Ward is his ability to make offensive plays become negative plays or no gain in the run game. Ward is credited with 5 stops in 2 games. Bruton has 3 in 3 games.
                          If I may elaborate on this. Nether of these guys are wowing me. Ward has the ability to hit hard but also appears to have a tendency to miss tackles because he goes for the big hit. Ward really struggles in his pass coverage. Bruton appears to be better now at his pass coverage (likely due to scheme) but is struggling in situational plays and run plays.

If I may be so bold I think we go after this position in next years draft. Or I can see us looking ot convert a guy like Webster who seems ot have similar traits to Ward but has shown the ability to cover halfway decently. Also he'd be more cap friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                            If I may elaborate on this. Nether of these guys are wowing me. Ward has the ability to hit hard but also appears to have a tendency to miss tackles because he goes for the big hit. Ward really struggles in his pass coverage. Bruton appears to be better now at his pass coverage (likely due to scheme) but is struggling in situational plays and run plays.

If I may be so bold I think we go after this position in next years draft. Or I can see us looking ot convert a guy like Webster who seems ot have similar traits to Ward but has shown the ability to cover halfway decently. Also he'd be more cap friendly.
                            Knowing Elway, he won't shy away from going after a Su'a Cravens, FS, USC, by moving up in the draft in round 1.

Comment

I would love to see Webster play some safety!

Comment

Working...
                              X