Shane Ray...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane Ray...?

Is this guy playing, I haven't seen or heard a thing from him yet?
    What is everyone's opinion of this guy, worth the pick we used to acquire him?

GO BRONCOS

Too early to tell, seems to be a little worried to make a mistake to me. Barrett is doing more right now but Ray will come along.

Comment

Ray has been getting some plays. If I remember correctly he was pressuring the QB from the other side when Barrett got his sack.

Having the both of them so Ware and Miller can take some plays off is a luxury that is going to pay off all season long.

Comment

Both Shane Ray and Shaquil Barrett have been in at the same time. Anytime you see shaquil Barrett make a play you can expect to see Shane Ray across from him.

He is putting a lot of pressure on the passer but these passers are getting rid of the ball very quickly because they can feel the rush coming, so they're throwing it up in the air.

You may not hear his name but he's in there. I heard that Wade Phillips wanted to limit his pass rushers to less than 24 snaps a game. Last season von Miller and DeMarcus Ware, I heard had more than 2000 snaps for the whole season, dont know if it is true but I'd say that is part of the reason why DeMarcus Ware was worn out later in the season.

It is a good strategy by Wade Phillips and it should work wonders into keeping our best guys fresh while giving our youth playing time.

Comment

According to PFF Shane Ray had his best game of the year against Det

15 snaps
          2 QB hurries, 1 tackle and 1 stop
          Overall grade +1.4

He has played a total 46 snaps this year and graded out negatively week 2 (-1.0) and barely negative week 1 (-0.1). The only "stat" given to Ray in weeks 1+2 was a assist.

Shaq has fared better

Week 3
          10 snaps
          1 Qb sack, 1 stop
          Overall +1.6

Week 2
          14 snaps
          2 tackles, 2 assist, 1 stop
          Overall +1.0

Week 1
          14 snaps, 2 hurries, 2 tackles, 2 stop
          Overall +3.6

I am happy with both at the moment. They both show potential while allowing Ware and Von to stay fresh.
          Last edited by Hadez; 09-30-2015, 07:07 AM.
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

He's playing well for a rook. I wouldn't judge what we paid for him til around year 3-4 of his NFL career. Kid could still be a beast for us.

Comment

I noticed on one play they had chipped him with a tight end and then tried to get pass the the left tackle and got some push...just stafford got rid of it quickly.
              Adopted 2015 Bronco $CHRIS HARRIS JR.$

Comment

Not to worry....breaking him nicely. I have seen him out there, and he seemed very "engaging" at those times. By late season I predict some decent sack / pressure stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                  According to PFF Shane Ray had his best game of the year against Det

15 snaps
                  2 QB hurries, 1 tackle and 1 stop
                  Overall grade +1.4

He has played a total 46 snaps this year and graded out negatively week 2 (-1.0) and barely negative week 1 (-0.1). The only "stat" given to Ray in weeks 1+2 was a assist.

Shaq has fared better

Week 3
                  10 snaps
                  1 Qb sack, 1 stop
                  Overall +1.6

Week 2
                  14 snaps
                  2 tackles, 2 assist, 1 stop
                  Overall +1.0

Week 1
                  14 snaps, 2 hurries, 2 tackles, 2 stop
                  Overall +3.6

I am happy with both at the moment. They both show potential while allowing Ware and Von to stay fresh.
                  What an awesome situation to be in, depth at this position on this good an offense is truly a blessing.

Shane and Shaq are both going to be contributors as the season progresses. I'm glad both these guys are on our roster. Worth the pick IMO
                  [sigpic

Comment

He's not making a whole lot of flashy plays but that's okay. I think he's doing just fine. A couple pressures here and there, and not totally pooping the bed when Ware takes a rest. It's nice to have Ray so we can rest Ware. Ray is a good player.

Comment

This whole defense is going to feast on some young quarterbacks the next few weeks. Flacco, Smith, and Stafford are all experienced and have good pocket awareness. Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr are going to make mistakes and take some sacks. I think Ray gets his first sack in the next two games. After that we have the Browns, who will play either Manziel or McCown. I expect a lot of sacks and turnovers the next three games.
                      Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

Elway sure knows how to find pass rushers. We haven't even seen Aninuke and McCray's contribute yet.
                        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                          Elway sure knows how to find pass rushers. We haven't even seen Aninuke and McCray's contribute yet.
                          Heck man, I'm still a little fan of Malik Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                            Heck man, I'm still a little fan of Malik Jackson
                            Also..Don't forget, our best DLman Wolfe will be back in 4 days!

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                              Also..Don't forget, our best DLman Wolfe will be back in 4 days!
                              I'm pretty stoked to get Wolfe back. I want to see what he can do in Wade Phillip's system. It would be nice to see our boys at full strength.

Comment

Working...
                              X