The O Line today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The O Line today

Looked a little bit better today than usual. Odd for shifting around some linemen but the run game showed promise. Clean up the delayed pressure and A gap and it could be a lot better.

Should schofield be at RT now? He had a decent game...

Thoughts?

I think we'll continue to look better each week. After the Bye, we should really have it figured out and at least play at a consistent level. The whole offense should get better each week as they find out what works and what doesnt. Mino

I definitely think we looked better today. I think they'll keep tweaking it. By week 8 we should have it figured out, which we'll need because we play green bay, both of us coming off of a bye.

Comment

I think Harris and Schofield played admirably today

Comment

Stoked on Schofield! And our run game!
        sigpic

Comment

I'm seeing improvement each week. Eventually, these gradual improvements should click into something big. Let's hope it does, and it's sooner rather than later
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Looked better. Pass blocking is improving. Run blocking needs a lot of work, but they looked somewhat respectable in the second half.
            Last edited by LSIGRAD09; 10-04-2015, 05:21 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

I've been tough on Schofield (rightfully so IMO) but he didn't look bad today.
              sigpic

Comment

I was actually impressed with Schofield's play today. He had some great blocks for good runs and handled the pass blocking ok.

Minn really seemed to attack our left side. A lot. But I expected that. PM played alert but that needs to get shored up.

Comment

As a unit I saw improvements weekly with offensive line which is good.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chillez View Post
                    As a unit I saw improvements weekly with offensive line which is good.
                    Yep. Seeing legit cutback lanes today was a very nice improvement.

Comment

Looked decent against a very good front 7. Wouldn't be surprised if we go with this combination next week as well. Let Sambrailo get healthy and maybe serve as a swing tackle going forward. Will be interesting to see our pff grades.

Comment

The o-line was a lot better today, the run game will improve with more Hillman and less Anderson. There were cut back lanes last week that Anderson missed, same thing today, Hillman is seeing those and getting yards. I almost feel bad for Harris, with Sambrailo getting injured, Harris is the one who's going to end up losing his job.

Comment

Harris should go to the bench when Sambrailo is fully healthy. Harris has not played well this year, and he isn't going to get any better. He wasn't terrible today but he's ultimately a less talented player than Sambrailo, and I like what Schofield showed today enough to ride with him for awhlie. Harris isn't going to be here for the future anyway; they might as well let this young group grow together.

And I still need to see more from Mathis. He does not look like a Pro Bowl guard yet. I know he has a bad hamstring and didn't get any preseason reps at all, but I hoped he'd catch up faster than he has.

Paradis and Vasquez had good games tonight. They need Louis to be special though.

Hopefully the line figures it out and gets healthy in the next few weeks. Raiders, Browns, then a bye could be just what they need to develop some chemistry and confidence.
                          Anyone seen Jake Plummer?

Comment

Rest Ty next week....going forward it should look like TS EM MP LV MS.....
                            Dr. Giggles

Comment

I thought the o-line played a little better today and they look better each week, which is great for the run game!

Comment

Working...
                              X