Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about the team after the 1st quarter of the season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about the team after the 1st quarter of the season?

Simple, the team has played 4 games so far. How do you feel about where the team is on offense and defense? Who are your surprises and or disappointments? Is there a move the team can make to improve an area of need?

At the top of my list and it's easy the biggest surprise is the defense. I did not think they would be this great. I figured they'd be good but they've been down right dominant and that's with the offense struggling.

Biggest disappointment to me has got to be CJ Anderson. After last year I figured he'd be ready to roll but for some reason he can't break the tackle and can't run efficiently in this new scheme. To say I'm worried would be an understatement.

I feel good about the record. I thought we'd be 3-1 at this point with the loss going to Baltimore. To be 4-0 and still figuring things out is a good sign. They have got to kick it up a notch though because the schedule does not get easier. I know we have Pit Cin NE and GB still. Those are tough games and the o gotta try and catch up to the defense to give the team more balance.

A concern of mine is can the offense put up enough points to keep up if the defense struggle against better competition. Manning isn't what he once was and maybe we'll have to hold teams to 20 or less but I just feel the good qbs will find a way to generate points.

I'm not sure if Denver could pull off a move to improve the team in any area so this may be all we got. Hopefully the 2nd qtr of the season will be good as the first. I know Oak and Cle are next then the bye. I don't know the other two teams. Anyways just general observations any thoughts on where the team is at?
    :go:

I am greatly satisfied we are lostless and are improving great post..
    Adopted 2015 Bronco $CHRIS HARRIS JR.$

Comment

Work in progress. The fact they're winning games where the offense isn't nearly at it's best is definitely a good sign. If everyone stays healthy the team should be in the mix at the end.

EDIT: I'm also excited by how well the defense has been playing, especially since the best d-lineman against the run is back with the team tomorrow. Sly Williams has been playing really well. There will be bumps along the way, like some of the pass coverage today, but this defense is very very good.
      Last edited by Butler By'Note; 10-04-2015, 05:54 PM.

Comment

How do I feel about the team? Simple! They either get the offense fixed or struggle in the playoffs.

They have no shot at beating the Patriots right now and will struggle against teams like the Bengals with this offense.

Watch what happens when Green Bay comes to town in a few weeks.
        sigpic

Comment

All 4 of them games are winnable, especially if our offense starts clicking mid-late season.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
            How do I feel about the team? Simple! They either get the offense fixed or struggle in the playoffs.

They have no shot at beating the Patriots right now and will struggle against teams like the Bengals with this offense.

It's way too early to say any team (legitimate contender) will struggle against anyone in the playoffs, or late in the season, at this point. Last year after 4 games the Patriots were 2-2, being written off and everyone was talking about Brady being done. Then they were "on to Cincinnati" who looked like the best team in the NFL up until that point. There's a reason they play 16 games.

Comment

4 weeks till green bay. We have bye right b4 green bay. Good thing we have 2 weeks to prep for green baby and to get healthy

Comment

I feel like we are a terrific team with a QB that is clearly not a capable athlete anymore....and whether or not Brock is the answer remains to be seen, but imo....it's more than clear that if Manning is already this bad...he'll be just awful when it counts and especially when it's cold and windy

Manning lovers can lose it all they want...but in all reality...tell me Brock couldn't have AT LEAST done what Peyton did today??

So in all honesty, what is the benefit of Peyton at this point? Brock can play at least how he is and imo better. I see no benefit in just watching the inevitable take place and saying well hopefully it doesn't when it's only going to get substantially worse

Eventually the D won't be able to overcome his awfulness...I said this last year and it's only proven true...he is done.

Comment

I don't get the people that continue to talk about Playoffs already. I mean its not like we are in Week 16 of the NFL its better for our offense to be struggling now then struggling when it comes to play in the playoffs. Overall I think the O looked better and I think they have looked ever week. Now if we can get the running game going IDK if that means starting Ronnie Hillman at RB or not I think it will look more promising as the weeks go on. As long as Manning stop making those bad throws that can hurt this team.

Comment

I'm very concerned. Peytons arm doesn't look good to me. I'm not looking forward to the cold weather games. Thank goodness DT is going up for the catches now.
                    sigpic

Comment

I feel we are still the work in progress that I expected from the season opener. That we are 4 - 0 is actually amazing. I honestly though 3 - 1 was expecting too much.

I feel the Raiders should be a win though they've been playing fairly well lately. The Browns should be a win as well. Then the Packers.

In three weeks, who knows what progress we will have made. I'll hope for the best!

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                        I'm very concerned. Peytons arm doesn't look good to me. I'm not looking forward to the cold weather games.
                        Yeah, then there is that...

I hope our OL really improves our run game. PM can't and shouldn't try to carry the offense by passing.

Comment

^ and to be more thorough on the team part

We're the best D in the league hands down imo

And we have a damn good offense minus QB obv...and an ehh oline although even they look improved.

So point is...I think we'd be the best team in the AFC if we didn't have Peyton throwing picks and playing and looking like an elderly person.

He needs to hum his way into retirement before he sadly embarrasses himself at the end...which he's already doing and he doesn't deserve..he used to be elite...now he PHYSICALLY does not belong on an NFL field.

Comment

I agree on that. I have my doubts. Beating kc lions and vikes don't do it for me. BAL was just in Afc divisional round they dont count. I'm happy we beat the teams we are supposed to but I need to see the team take on PIT CIN GB NE because I know the O will need to put up points. Also just how good the d will be.

Will they still keep us in the games or will they get lit up? The top qbs know how to move the ball and put up points. Even against good defenses. The O has to catch up to the D. Whether it's running or passing but it needs balance. Almost seems as if the team is freelancing and don't have that clear cut identity yet. I could be over thinking things I'm just uneasy about it. Something I didn't see coming was the offense being really inept.
                            :go:

Comment

Originally posted by BigOBroncoFan View Post
                              I don't get the people that continue to talk about Playoffs already. I mean its not like we are in Week 16 of the NFL its better for our offense to be struggling now then struggling when it comes to play in the playoffs. Overall I think the O looked better and I think they have looked ever week. Now if we can get the running game going IDK if that means starting Ronnie Hillman at RB or not I think it will look more promising as the weeks go on. As long as Manning stop making those bad throws that can hurt this team.
                              People bring up the playoffs because Peyton doesn't look good now. When it gets cold, windy, rain/snowing. He's not gonna get better in those conditions.

Comment

Working...
                              X