Post game rants --- Vikings and Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post game rants --- Vikings and Broncos

I would like to see Wade Phillip get a game ball. The Defense has been playing lights out. What you guys think? Oh one more thing, after the Kansas City game, did anyone noticed Peyton went over to give Wade some love? That right there said a lot about the love Peyton have for this D this year.

Id like it..for being the biggest fan in the universe.
    sigpic

Comment

Defiantly Manning, he has been playing lights out

Comment

My game ball would go to Demaryius. He's finally playing like nobody can stick him and that's been really helpful to Manning.
        sigpic

Comment

I think ward would get it for me he played great against the Vikings and seemed to be all over the place

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

TJ Ward had terrific game he was all over field making huge plays all game long.
            sigpic

Comment

A blueprint on the defense now?

As we all saw yesterday, mike wallace gave us fits. Diggs imo had some laser lucky targets but for the most part Roby was all over him. Lucky catches imo.

However these quick separation routes that they were running may have exposed us. And my worry is that now the Patriots see it, and with the patriots smaller receivers, you know they saw this game and Bilicheat is putting this in his bookcase.

How do we clean that up? I understand speed kills but I worry that kind of gameplan could affect us.

Comment

Chris harris was getting ate up haven't seen that before

Comment

The quick separation routes were due in part to the deep speed of their WRs. It appeared to me we were concerned about the deep ball. We in turn gave up underneath plays. This coupled with the fact we stacked for AP, we saw the result. I'm not sure I see another team with the deep speed, and top tier back to cause us issues.
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

This is all about picking the best CB's to cover the right people. Harris and Roby for example should always take over the teams fastest WR's. Talib needs to handle the duties of the bigger WR's or TE's. My best educated guess is that Talib lacks the fast twitch muscle needed to move at that pace.

Comment

Originally posted by jwptexas View Post
                      Chris harris was getting ate up haven't seen that before
                      HE was playing a combination of Man/Zone it was weird. He also had little to no help behind him on most plays so I think that was him protecting the field.

Comment

The Vikings knew we play mostly man. Crossing routes and timing routes with quick WRs murder man coverage. Every time the Broncos rolled out a zone coverage Bridgewater held on to the ball.

I think the bigger concern is that when teams use extra blockers our outside pass rush gets neutralized pretty quickly. We need more A gap heat. Big time.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

The Patriots wide outs do not have long speed like Mike Wallace to worry about to not play close. They won't run past you, hence you can keep up with them by not playing off them. That is the difference. If you play an Antonio Brown or T.Y.Hilton, you will have more fits.

Right now, speedy wide outs that can stop on a dime for comebacks or RBs that can catch and be elusive in space ala Sproles or LeVeon Bell will be difficult matchups for the Broncos' D. The Steelers are the ONLY team that have all those match up nightmares for the Broncos.

That is why I did not understand why you played off. When you have a good pass rush, you play bump and run against wide outs without speed knowing those first 5 yards are your best bet to have contact and throw timing off. Maybe they respected Wallace's and Diggs' speed too much??? When Talib played bump and run vs Steve Smith and Maclin, he got INTs. Not sure why Wade played off.

It reminded me of the Dungy defense. You got Mathis and Freeney, quit playing off your wideouts 5-7 yards. It drove Colts fans like me nuts for YEARS. It invites 3 step drops and comebacks, such a kind of defense. At least Elway got rid of JDR who played that. Wade cannot fall into that lull again. It doesn't help Wade's D was on the field too much, thanks to Peyton's turnovers flipping field position and the Vikings converting critical 3rd downs with Bridgewater going Houdini escape artist on your pass rusher grasps.

That is what teams did - double Mathis and Freeney and handle the interior guys 1-on-1. You have to bring A gap heat every once in a while.
                          Last edited by chad72; 10-05-2015, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                            The Vikings knew we play mostly man. Crossing routes and timing routes with quick WRs murder man coverage. Every time the Broncos rolled out a zone coverage Bridgewater held on to the ball.

I think the bigger concern is that when teams use extra blockers our outside pass rush gets neutralized pretty quickly. We need more A gap heat. Big time.
                            I'm hoping the combo of Sly/Wolfe will prove fruitful.

I'm looking forward to see what Derek Wolfe brings to the table. Everyone else has been impressive under Wade. I mean we spent a 2nd rounder on him after all.

Comment

Lest we forget they were playing with a beat up WR corps. I think Diggs in particular really showed up and may have benefited from being really fast and shifty but also a rookie with little tape for our secondary to scout well enough before the game.

Having two guys on the field like that, Wallace and Diggs really gave us fits. It is what it is. Another day and the outcome might have been different.

We were also on the field a lot in the second half on the defensive side. I think our guys were pretty tired as their play really seemed to suffer when the Vikings upped the tempo and we kept up with those impressive 3 and outs on offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X