Post game rants --- Vikings and Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    The Vikings knew we play mostly man. Crossing routes and timing routes with quick WRs murder man coverage. Every time the Broncos rolled out a zone coverage Bridgewater held on to the ball.

I think the bigger concern is that when teams use extra blockers our outside pass rush gets neutralized pretty quickly. We need more A gap heat. Big time.
    I think this is well said Most of the time we bring fierce edge pressure, but when this got shut down the pocket was staying clean without up the middle pressure. However, each game is different from a scheme stand point. Given Bridgewater's escapability the edge pressure likely was the pick to keep him from rolling out and escaping. Against the Pats I would expect a bit more up the gaps
    Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does.

Comment

We are on pace to tie the NFL record of sacks in a season set by the 84 Bears!!!

I love it...so many sacks...we ain't holding back!!! We would have more if it weren't for some penalties. An example is when Miller, Ware, and Malik all got to Bridgewater. It got called back though because of a holding penalty on our defense *sigh* yellow flags....

Anyways here is a cheers to the end of the season of beating that sack record!!!!

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2...se-never-rests

p.s. I know ain't is not a word...but it is in my dictionary and I sometimes like to count my chickens b4 they hatch, especially if one of them is a golden egg
      Last edited by majicman067; 10-05-2015, 10:21 AM.
      Adopted 2015 Bronco $CHRIS HARRIS JR.$

Comment

That would be quite an accomplishment. This stood out to me from the article:

On the sideline before the last stand, "DeMarcus (Ware) brought us all up and said, "We have to make a play to win this game, and if that ball gets on the ground again we have to recover it this time,' and that's what happened," Ward said. "I think there was about six guys that made huge plays."
        If they could have recovered the fumbles they forced earlier in the game, it wouldn't have gone down to the wire the way it did. Still, the one they did recover ended the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hesky View Post
          That would be quite an accomplishment. This stood out to me from the article:

If they could have recovered the fumbles they forced earlier in the game, it wouldn't have gone down to the wire the way it did. Still, the one they did recover ended the game.
          You are right about that. It could have been more towards a blowout. We got the W though and that's what matters. I also like how he was making them aware.
          Adopted 2015 Bronco $CHRIS HARRIS JR.$

Comment

Working...
          X